Microcenter - In store Only - Buy a FX6100/4100 and get $50 select MB's

ah dammit if only I had an MC near me, I only have a fry's... ugh.. been eyeing that UD3 board for a while too >_>

Best deal out there, no doubt..
But still doesn't justify getting BD.

Best deal out there, no doubt..
But still doesn't justify getting BD.

This. If they allowed you to get the 1090T instead I'd say this is a good deal, but as it stands, the 2500K which is as fast as the FX-8150 is only $30 more than the FX-6100. Granted, the MoBo will be more expensive, but it's still waaaaaaaay better than BD.

Everytime there's an AMD deal a 2500K poster has to come in and have their say lol

Yes the 2500K is faster we all know that but this deal is still HOT for those near microcenter. Instead of going to fry's you're saving $50 on really good boards.

Everytime there's an AMD deal a 2500K poster has to come in and have their say lol

Yes the 2500K is faster we all know that but this deal is still HOT for those near microcenter. Instead of going to fry's you're saving $50 on really good boards.

Not to start a side discussion in this thread, but there is a reason for that...

If this were for the CPU only I'd say it was nice for people who already bought their AM3+ boards, but as it is it's not a particularly wonderful deal because of other options out there.

1st generation BD cpus are plagued with problems, this is a luke warm deal at best. Would be hot if FX6100 was $99 and then MC gave an additional $60 of MB in combo deal.

LOL!! Don't be hating on BD. If you don't like the deal, then move on. It's $50 off of a MB and free BF3 which retails for another $50, that's a $100 savings from the normal pricing. If you are not looking for AMD, then this isn't the deal for you.

On page 32 of their catalog is the BF3 promo. I picked up the Sabertooth for $129.99 and the FX6100 for $149.99 today, so not a bad deal. Yes, they are running the 2500k for $179.99 and you get $50 off a compatible MB. I have SB and just want to try something new. The deal isn't for everyone, but if you are looking for a deal on AMD it's hard to beat Microcenter right now.

1st generation BD cpus are plagued with problems, this is a luke warm deal at best. Would be hot if FX6100 was $99 and then MC gave an additional $60 of MB in combo deal.
Exactly how are the 1st generation BD cpus plagued with problems? Because they don't perform as well as we all hoped? Quit spreading rumors and stick to the facts. The 4 and 6 core BD cpus are aggressively priced based on their performance. Do they top Intel's chips costing $50 or $100 more, no. Do they provide enough horsepower for 90% of people's computers, yes. Does $50 of savings on a motherboard make it a better deal, yes.

Do not get the UD3 or Gig 870 board with a BD if you plan to do any major OCing with throttling disabled. The VRMs and NB heatsinks suck, and I was getting extremely high temps on my UD3 with an 8120 at only 3.8Ghz under prime, untill the board and CPU died.

Do not get the UD3 or Gig 870 board with a BD if you plan to do any major OCing with throttling disabled. The VRMs and NB heatsinks suck, and I was getting extremely high temps on my UD3 with an 8120 at only 3.8Ghz under prime, untill the board and CPU died.

The rev 1.1 is supposed to be better than the original UD3, not sure if it true, but one of the biggest issues was the LLC or rather no LLC on the Gigabyte boards. The new revisions are supposed to have it with a bios update, but again, I haven't been able to confirm this.

The rev 1.1 is supposed to be better than the original UD3, not sure if it true, but one of the biggest issues was the LLC or rather no LLC on the Gigabyte boards. The new revisions are supposed to have it with a bios update, but again, I haven't been able to confirm this.

No LLC did suck, but the biggest issue was the crappy VRM and NB heatsink.

Back