[Microcenter In-Store Deal] $99 Creality Ender 3 Pro

Looks like they have plenty of stock at quite a few stores. My local store in MI has over 25 in stock. I called them and they said they have at least a pallet of them.

These "new customer only" coupons can be frustrating. They require a "real" cell phone number to verify. Google Voice didn't work for me.

I make it a habit of collecting cheap prepaid lines and activating them for promos like this. I got two free 240GB SATA SSDs at the Tustin, CA store while I was on vacation.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/specialoffer240gbssd.aspx

1637382161680.png

Hello Mobile has a $5/mo plan, and they'll mail you a SIM.

https://hellomobile.com/register/plans

Nice! Guess I'm getting a 3D printer. I'm absolutely not a "new" customer but I apparently I forgot to update my phone # the past few times I went in 'cause it took my info and send me the coupon right away.

Not a new customer either, and they don't have my phone numbers. But I wonder if they can cross-reference credit cards.

Nice! Guess I'm getting a 3D printer. I'm absolutely not a "new" customer but I apparently I forgot to update my phone # the past few times I went in 'cause it took my info and send me the coupon right away.
Got to the store too late and they were sold out (and that was with "25+" in stock this morning!) so I ended up getting an Ender 3 V2 instead, which seems to have some decent quality-of-life improvements over the Pro so I'm not too miffed over the extra $150. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Got to the store too late and they were sold out (and that was with "25+" in stock this morning!) so I ended up getting an Ender 3 V2 instead, which seems to have some decent quality-of-life improvements over the Pro so I'm not too miffed over the extra $150. Anyone else have a similar experience?
I’m not sayin the pro isn’t worth 100. I am saying all my ender 3 v2’s have been better printers. I’d pick the v2 all day long. But I also have been in the hobby a long while.

I’m not sayin the pro isn’t worth 100. I am saying all my ender 3 v2’s have been better printers. I’d pick the v2 all day long. But I also have been in the hobby a long while.
That is affirming to hear and matches what I gathered from talking to a couple employs and knowledgeable customers at MC yesterday. It seems like the Pro is really the absolute most barebones possible machine, while the V2 adds back some of those little features that make it more useable. Either way, very affordable machines and I'm excited to set mine up tomorrow.

My friends I was with went straight for an LD-002H when we saw the E3 Pros were gone and I was really tempted but I'll leave the resin handling to my full-time-artist pals ;)

You can use TextNow to get a free number if you've already signed up for deals with your phone number.

Free Texting & Calling App | Free Phone Service | TextNow

I got this the last time it was offered and it rocks. Perfect for beginners, but I ended up modifying mine with a new motherboard, touchscreen, glass build plate, etc. This a great printer and I've printed out dozens of items from thingiverse since I got it a few months ago. Also, Octoprint is a must for these, along with Cura for slicing.

Last edited:
Deal's still up for April 2022, and I was going in for one after a friend got me the coupon...

...but there was a $130 open-box Ender 3 V2, so I went with that instead. Took a bit of troubleshooting (these things don't get returned without a reason), but I got it working and putting out some good prints.

The Pro and V2 are similar, but the V2 just adds some quality-of-life things. Guaranteed "silent" 4.2.2/4.2.7 board (check your version carefully, firmwares are not cross-compatible!), tensioner for the bed axis, PSU placed into the base, neat little drawer up front, glass bed, knob for the extruder... mostly stuff you can retrofit onto the Pro or base models.

For $100 and another $20-25 for an extra roll of filament (don't expect the sample filament to last long), I can't think of a better way to jump into 3D printing, and it's simply awesome to be able to print replacement parts on a whim without waiting for snail mail now.

Its August 22nd 2023 and I just got my Ender 3 V2 from Microcenter. At the checkout, the guy said there is a coupon for $10 off filament spools.

Got my printer for $99 and a spool of PETG @ $9. The coupon deal is still going strong.

1692692189890.png

I wish they set up shop in Brandon Florida.

You can use TextNow to get a free number if you've already signed up for deals with your phone number.

Free Texting & Calling App | Free Phone Service | TextNow

I got this the last time it was offered and it rocks. Perfect for beginners, but I ended up modifying mine with a new motherboard, touchscreen, glass build plate, etc. This a great printer and I've printed out dozens of items from thingiverse since I got it a few months ago. Also, Octoprint is a must for these, along with Cura for slicing.
Textnow is a voip service tho, ever with their $1 SIM and they run off of T-Mobile.
I have it and got their SIM card for free. It requires your mobile data be on are a data connection for it to work. For some reason my Redmi Note 9S keeps turning off mobile data after a period of time so I miss texts and calls.

I wish they set up shop in Brandon Florida.

Textnow is a voip service tho, ever with their $1 SIM and they run off of T-Mobile.
I have it and got their SIM card for free. It requires your mobile data be on are a data connection for it to work. For some reason my Redmi Note 9S keeps turning off mobile data after a period of time so I miss texts and calls.
They have one coming to Miami Florida soon. Which is great because its only about an hour away from me.

It's worth noting if you don't mind AliExpress, there's some really good deals to find during sales.

Back