Microcenter - HTC Vive - $599.99 After Coupon YMMV (In Store Only)

w1retap

[H]F Junkie
I just got an email from Microcenter this morning with a coupon for $200 off the HTC Vive "with purchase of VR Ready Hardware". It doesn't state any terms of what VR Ready Hardware qualifies as, but you have to click "print" on the email where it generates you a unique coupon based on your email address. YMMV, check your emails. :)

edit: Expires April 2nd, 2017

htc-vive.png

Last edited:
Received this email as well. VERY tempting, but my wife will kill me if I get this. 3.5% sales tax at the Microcenter in my area to boot!

Reactions: Dan
like this
Received this email as well. VERY tempting, but my wife will kill me if I get this. 3.5% sales tax at the Microcenter in my area to boot!
Must live near the Paterson NJ store! Ghetto tax ftw!

Ill buy VR ready ram. a 1gb stick preferably.

When does it expire?? Always big sales before i get my tax return :/.

My coupon shows the expiration as April 2nd. Ghetto tax FTW! I'm not going to use it so, PM me your email address so I can send you a pdf copy.

Ugh I'm subscribed to all their stuff too but this coupon eludes me. If anyone's got one they won't use I'd appreciate.

Ill see if I have one. Decent price although I would like it to be cheaper than a fucking console preferably.

That's one hell of a coupon. Is it really tanking that hard?

Hardly tanking. HTC hasn't actually reduced the price. This is just MC trying to get people into the store. Note that it requires a purchase of "VR Ready" hardware to qualify for the discount.

Hardly tanking. HTC hasn't actually reduced the price. This is just MC trying to get people into the store. Note that it requires a purchase of "VR Ready" hardware to qualify for the discount.
Last time I was there they had vives just sitting there on the shelves like some forgotten item.

VR gaming will tank and fail if price of hardware (Vive/Rift) doesn't drastically get reduced. Cost of VR gaming is just too high right now...

I agree on the cost issue. $600 is not outrageous but it is more than the average consumer is willing and able to pay for an accessory. VR is not going to become mainstream until it falls into the $200-300 range. I believe there is also a lack of compelling content, too. The good news is that given enough time both of those issues should be overcome.

A deal like this would be a lot more tempting if I had something like Star Trek Bridge Crew to play with it.

my local microcenter says "save $100 when purchased with VR ready hardware" online. I wonder if in store is cheaper.

Amazon charges tax to Texas

No taxes if the item is coming out of state :)

So I get my item in 2 days and pay zero tax. Very useful for the bigger ticket items if you do a few extra clicks and select the right seller. I'm more than happy to pay an extra 5 or 10 in shipping if it means saving 50 to 75 dollars in tax :)

Back