Microcenter has dropped price ...AMD 5800x $429

Im unsure of what your point is here. I think you probably typed all of that not using your brain first maybe. A two hour drive to save $20? If youre really suggesting that driving 2 hours to save $20 is worth it, financially you might be in trouble! Also, some peoples time have value as well so....

Also, it is pretty much widely agreed upon that the AMD 5 series CPUs are pretty overpriced.... The 5800 of the pack being the worst priced of them all. Theres no way a 5800x is worth $450, or even close to that. So saving $20 for an overpriced cpu is still not a good deal. When the 5800x hits $350, then we can talk about something.
This thread is not for you if you have to drive 2 hours one way for a deal. I have a MC 15 mins from me. Why would I go anywhere else to buy it. Everyone assumed you had a MC near you and you were just shitting on the deal. It is funny you calling cheap when you calling the best consumer CPUs over prices.

It's not that good of a deal for me since I have to drive 2 hours to get it.
Ha, you're totally right! Let's both agree that some people might want this deal, but for others it might not be that great.
Hey you guys are totally right! And in agreeing on this we now don't have to fill these forums with arguments that basically sound like "NUH UH" "UH HUH" "NUH UH". You guys should catch me later, I'll buy you a beer!

That's how I will remember that conversation :p

Well, the 5800X in a way doesn't look so bad now. Not because it's all of a sudden a good deal, but because the 5600X price went up from 299 to 349 for some unknown reason.
Of course the 10900 is 329 and the 10850k is 349 so that price jump on the 5600X might be really painful for AMD sales. It's hard to overlook those intel cpus now.
Other odd things are happening at microcenter...
The i3-10100 jumped from 99 to 119. The 10400f is 139 and 10400 is 149, so making the jump from 4 to 6 cores there is a no brainer.
The 11400 is 179 so another small jump gets you something even better, and it's cheaper and better than the 3600 which is still at 199.
AMD might be shooting themselves in the foot with some of this 5000 series pricing.

It's likely this jump in price is Microcenter only and has nothing to do with AMD. Looking at a couple of other places which sell the 5000 series at retail price they haven't increased the price of the 5600x.

Maybe...but hard to say
5600X:
Amazon - 409 in stock
Newegg - 299 out of stock
B&H - 299 out of stock
Bestbuy - 299 out of stock
OfficeDepot - 346 out of stock
ShopBLT - 305 seems out of stock, inventory system down right now
CDW - 479, out of stock (these guys always have awful prices it seems, not sure how they are in business)

I guess $450 for a 5800X is not looking so bad compared to the price most places sell the 5600X currently.

Microcenter scalping now. Thats weird. They cant still be in that high of demand. Maybe AMD supply issues gonna keep everything going up.... The 5600X is definitely not worth over $300... I wonder if all the 5 series going to go up now.... I guess im glad I got mine for $300 when I did.

I did this a few weeks ago. They were running the same deal as part of one of their email subscriber promos. $429 for the 5800X and $20 off certain mobos.

I've gone in a few times since (needed fans and such), and I always ask about the 5900X just in case. They apparently haven't gotten any at my store in months. They have gotten a few 5950's here and there, though. Per the staff, those haven't sold that fast even at MSRP. I get it. That price is pretty steep and the work I do can't justify it. When gaming at 4K I'd get nothing from it there, too.

Microcenter was all "I heard you like price swings, so here's a price swing on top of a price swing." $289 now? Must have moved a few 5800X's this week. They had 5900's yesterday.
289_5600x.JPG

Am I missing something? I do not see a 5900 on your screen grab.
YESTERDAY. They're sold out again. The relevance here is that earlier this week the 5600X was $279 w/ combo, then just yesterday was $379. Now it's all the sudden back to $289 no combo required. I expect we're inching closer to seeing the 5800X get a legit price cut.

YESTERDAY. They're sold out again. The relevance here is that earlier this week the 5600X was $279 w/ combo, then just yesterday was $379. Now it's all the sudden back to $289 no combo required. I expect we're inching closer to seeing the 5800X get a legit price cut.
So your statement about the 5900x was about yesterday and your screen grab was taken today and I was supposed to understand that and what was the relevance.
OK, sure.

5 of the 5900X are available at Chicago Central.
I wonder if the temporary price hike and now drop on the 5600X was a psych job to make people think they better get one now before the price goes up again....

So your statement about the 5900x was about yesterday and your screen grab was taken today and I was supposed to understand that and what was the relevance.
OK, sure.
I noted that they had 5900's YESTERDAY to point out why the 5900X isn't in the screen grab. If I had one for yesterday, you'd see the same screengrab, except there would be 5900X's, and the 5600X would be $379.

I noted that they had 5900's YESTERDAY to point out why the 5900X isn't in the screen grab. If I had one for yesterday, you'd see the same screengrab, except there would be 5900X's, and the 5600X would be $379.
Or you could have made a mistake in your post and used the wrong screen grab. It happens. I found your post confusing, that is why I asked a question.

Or you could have made a mistake in your post and used the wrong screen grab. It happens. I found your post confusing, that is why I asked a question.
It seemed pretty straight forward to me. If you paid attention to the thread the 5600x was up to like $370 for a bit.

It seemed pretty straight forward to me. If you paid attention to the thread the 5600x was up to like $370 for a bit.
Which is why the talk of the 5900x threw me off. I hate to have to explain why I was confused but I was.

Nice deal! Too bad Micro Center does not have any stores in Central Florida. I would even drive all the way to Tampa every once while just to take a look or buy something.
As someone in Tampa, I agree. That's oddly enough one of the few things I miss from when I lived in KCMO.

Need a MicroCenter in central FL somewhere.

Back