Microcenter:Free MSI Z97 Gaming 5 after $10 rebate with purchase of intel CPU!!

Mayfield Heights has 30+. All the employees know of the deal as well. Don't forget the $10 off $50 coupon.

Just called the MI store again. They have the board in stock but didn't seem to know anything about the deal. What flyer was this in? For some reason I do not get them anymore and need some sort of proof that the deal exists.

It's in the 3/2-3/15/2015 flier they should have at their front door when you walk in. Look a couple pages back and you will see my post about my friend who was denied the deal just because the employee and manager thought it was too cheap to be true. This was at the MI location even with the flier in his hand to show them. So a lot of this probably comes down to manager on duty since I didn't have a problem with mine.

He also tried using the retailmenot coupon and they told him, no it was fake. They refused to even try scanning it because they "knew it wouldn't work".

It's in the 3/2-3/15/2015 flier they should have at their front door when you walk in. Look a couple pages back and you will see my post about my friend who was denied the deal just because the employee and manager thought it was too cheap to be true. This was at the MI location even with the flier in his hand to show them. So a lot of this probably comes down to manager on duty since I didn't have a problem with mine.

He also tried using the retailmenot coupon and they told him, no it was fake. They refused to even try scanning it because they "knew it wouldn't work".

Thanks for the info. I am going to give it a try today then. Its an hour away though so I didn't want to waste my time.

Post back if you have better luck so I can tell him today is the day to go try again lol. We also live an hour out so he got shafted pretty hard. Funny thing is he was buying a full build so they still would have made money, I got just the CPU and mobo so they lost money for sure.

I got the Z87 in a previous deal. Is there any big difference in the Z97?

I was told by a Houston rep that it was a misprint, and that they have open box ones in stock for $139 and no NEW ones in stock.

Just got a 4790K and board at the MI store Asked about it and had no issues gettin it. Looked like they were low on boards though. They won only let me buy . The $10 coupon didnt work either. Great deal either way.

Mayfield Heights has 30+. All the employees know of the deal as well. Don't forget the $10 off $50 coupon.

I'm in Pittsburgh and I've considered driving up. Was hoping to wait until Skylake though.

I'm in Pittsburgh and I've considered driving up. Was hoping to wait until Skylake though.

I spoke to them today, and they said the deal is still good, but they were not told how long its good for. So no idea when it ends.

Microcenter in Cambridge MA was out of stock of the mobo last night. I showed up as somone else was looking for the same deal. Online there were still two in stock. Also the rep said they wouldn't honor it anyway. I ended up grabbing an 8320e and the mATX. Not nearly as good of a deal, but for me having another 8320 around is worth having similar chipset etc.

I'm going to micro enter today to get a 4970k. I assume I won't get this deal but any recommendations on any of their other combo deals?

I'm going to micro enter today to get a 4970k. I assume I won't get this deal but any recommendations on any of their other combo deals?

Any compatible board you buy should qualify you for $40 off. MC is currently claiming that this was a misprint, but if you bring in the flyer, most are honoring it.

Alright someone posted this on Reddit and then it got posted to Slickdeals. Was it one of you guys?!?!?! Was trying to keep it in the [H] family lol.

Edit: WTF Someone used my ad scan on the slickdeal post, it WAS one of you bastards wasn't it =\

This deal fucking exploded. There were 50+ mobos at my store for days, then I saw it on r/buildapcsales. Mostly gone now. Just go look at r/microcenterproxy

Houston has 20 in stock as of today.

But are they honoring the ad?

I've called a couple times and one said they aren't honoring it. Another said that they WILL honor it if they have the board in stock. But everyone says it's out of stock.

Last edited:
Its a great deal because its essential "free" and free will always get people to swarm to a product but honestly, the amount of hassle to drive to the store (which is an hour away for me) and have to argue with managers if they give you a hard time at checkout... To me, it just aint worth it. Time is money and I don't have the time to drive to a store an hour away and "hope" its in stock and "hope" the manager is cool.

I'd also like to point out that this would really not be the board I would choose for a new build. I don't mean to thread crap and it's not that its a bad board at all, and I suppose if I could easily add it to my cart online and reserve it to get this deal I would probably give it a shot. Heck, if I could get it for free, why not? But it doesn't have the specs I really want and I prefer to avoid boards with the "Killer" LAN Chipset.

To get $40 off on the board I really want for my build while not having to waste my time arguing and hoping and then ultimately being frustrated I think has more value IMHO, but alas, its free so I get the enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Ok my friends. It still works! There are 4 boards left in St. Louis. I didn't see it in the print ad but my cashier didn't even blink. MOBO rang up as $10 AFTER the proc was scanned in.

I only took one to maintain my karma. ;-)

Ok my friends. It still works! There are 4 boards left in St. Louis. I didn't see it in the print ad but my cashier didn't even blink. MOBO rang up as $10 AFTER the proc was scanned in.

I only took one to maintain my karma. ;-)

They were cleaned out when I went by earlier, there were 2 returned boards that I was told that they would work with me on.

I got two with two 4690K for a friend of mine. One cashier was like "Let me check to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong." Another cashier just rang it up without saying anything. Not a single word.

Last edited:
Can confirm this is legit. Just got one in St. Louis, deal ends today. They still had ~6 motherboards on the shelf. Didn't have to do anything, just check out like normal, board rings up for $10 and prints out a rebate.

Anyone get their system built yet? What are your impressions? As for me, mine is going back. I think I got a bad board. I didn't overclock anything and the system is pretty much unusable. Random blue screens, mouse and keyboard not detected, anytime the system was under load it would freeze. This isn't my first build either. I have built 100's of systems over the years. This was an amazing deal but I am going back to my previous setup which was rock solid.

I'm not seeing it on MC's website.... I guess they removed it.

I'll check my local store today to see if it is there.

O.K. I don't like this. The sale ended yesterday now this morning at 8:00 A.M. the store has this motherboard available in store (Denver). I called several times to verify the sale while it was active and everybody acted ignorant about it. It was listed as 1 item in stock and then went to OOS. I didn't want to drive 70 miles to be turned down so I didn't push it. This doesn't make me feel good about my "local" MC.

O.K. I don't like this. The sale ended yesterday now this morning at 8:00 A.M. the store has this motherboard available in store (Denver). I called several times to verify the sale while it was active and everybody acted ignorant about it. It was listed as 1 item in stock and then went to OOS. I didn't want to drive 70 miles to be turned down so I didn't push it. This doesn't make me feel good about my "local" MC.
The first rule of hot deals like this is DO NOT CALL. There is no good that can come of calling. All you do is alert the store to a great deal, or a price mistake. Then they either stop honoring the deal or the employees buy all inventory themselves before you can get there. Basically you screw up the deal for everyone, not just yourself.
You post on slickdeals about calling when there is a good deal and everyone will jump you there, and rightfully so.
Learn and move on.

The first rule of hot deals like this is DO NOT CALL. There is no good that can come of calling. All you do is alert the store to a great deal, or a price mistake. Then they either stop honoring the deal or the employees buy all inventory themselves before you can get there. Basically you screw up the deal for everyone, not just yourself.
You post on slickdeals about calling when there is a good deal and everyone will jump you there, and rightfully so.
Learn and move on.

We found the guy that took this deal to Slick Deals. Hang him. :p

Back