Microcenter:Free MSI Z97 Gaming 5 after $10 rebate with purchase of intel CPU!!

Would love this from the Houston store because a friend of mine just picked up an i7-4790 for me but I guess they are all out?

I tried. The Denver MC only had one of the Gaming 5s left and would only take $40 off. So, I'll keep my eyes open for a deal like this to come around again (fat chance). Thanks for the help everybody.

I tried. The Denver MC only had one of the Gaming 5s left and would only take $40 off. So, I'll keep my eyes open for a deal like this to come around again (fat chance). Thanks for the help everybody.

Did you try showing them the picture I uploaded?

The SKU 248427 brings up this item which appears to refer only to open box units.

The SKU 593087 brings up the item which is currently showing up in an online cart with CPU as $74 (which would indicate it's taking $40 off the $114 price of the board by itself). Oddly though, this item has "RFB" at the end of the model which makes me think "refurb" and the board itself isn't expressly listed in the print catalog anywhere I've looked.

The SKU 248427 brings up this item which appears to refer only to open box units.

The SKU 593087 brings up the item which is currently showing up in an online cart with CPU as $74 (which would indicate it's taking $40 off the $114 price of the board by itself). Oddly though, this item has "RFB" at the end of the model which makes me think "refurb" and the board itself isn't expressly listed in the print catalog anywhere I've looked.

Looks like you're right. For the SKU 593087, the vendor warranty says 90days, usual for refurbished ... :(

I wish MC had more deals with mATX and mITX boards. My current MB and CPU are from MC but I'm looking to go mITX and it is unlikely I will go back to a full ATX in the future.

Man, I really wish I had a microcenter near. Or new someone that lived near one.

A buddy went to the MI location last night and the manger told him the flier was wrong and to go suck an egg. Pretty frustrating since I picked one up Sunday and the manager working then gave no shits. She didn't even look at the add just walked over punched some keys in and left.

Other than telling him to go back a different day and hope a different manager is working do you guys have any idea who we could contact to complain about the manager not honoring sales? He went on a big rant about how so many people are going to get in trouble for selling the board at that price, yadda yadda yadda. I would like to see his feet held to the fire for being a huge tool.

Last edited:
Can anyone over in Tustin confirm that they still have stock? Driving from SD so I want to be sure they have it befire i waste 6 hours of my life on the road.

The board (248427) is not showing up on the website for the Tustin, CA location either. Going to call.

Did you guys see the discount in your cart online?

Last edited:
If anyone still wants this and it is still available in Houston over the next few days let me know.

I will buy and ship at your expenses and all I ask in return is positive heatware.

Our MC in Cincinnati had 15 left, rang right up at $10 for MB. No questions asked. Rep said they are honoring the price. Sweet! Too bad it's not for me, already have A z97 gd-65 gaming/4770k. Nice deal too, was $180 for CPU.

Thanks a bunch op!

If anyone still wants this and it is still available in Houston over the next few days let me know.

I will buy and ship at your expenses and all I ask in return is positive heatware.

Are there any left in houston?

Just called the MI store. I was told they would be getting more in this week. Not sure if I believe them though.

Hooked my 4690k up last night, 1.2v @ 4.5GHz sound about right? I'm using a 212 evo.

Just came back from MC in Dallas TX. They had a shit load of cpu's. I bought the 4790K and msi gaming mobo and i dont even need it Lol. Wtf you guys talking about this being OOS?

Just came back from MC in Dallas TX. They had a shit load of cpu's. I bought the 4790K and msi gaming mobo and i dont even need it Lol. Wtf you guys talking about this being OOS?

The CPU's aren't the problem. I cant find the motherboard.

I'll be in town with a MC. But not until Friday. It will be such a let down when I show up and this is out of stock. Maybe Fortune will be shining down on me ...

Went to MC for a Raspberry Pi 2 to play with, came home with all sorts of parts! Bastard OP for posting this! My checkbook hates you!

what do you guys think of the sound on this board. how does it compare to a sound blaster z?

The one out here by me in Westmont, IL (just outside of Chicago) has the same deal.

What's more, they have pretty much everything I was looking for in my system re-pot purchase list and taxes just about offset shipping costs.

what do you guys think of the sound on this board. how does it compare to a sound blaster z?

It's pretty decent for on board but isn't as good as the pci X-FI xtrememusic I had been running forever. Doesn't drive my ATH-AD500 or HARX900 nearly as well even with the stupid mobo molex power adapter. I'm going to be hooking up my Fiio E17 until I get around to buying a pcie express sound card.

I assume the z would be an even more noticeable difference.

I took my uncle with me to Dallas store, and they still have a lot of them. They only allow free motherboard for each purchase of i3/i5/i7, so we bought 3 combos each.

Different stores, different stock.

I called again this morning, and they confirmed that while they have plenty in Dallas, they don't have any in Houston and don't cross-ship between locations.

The store near me said that they have a ton of the cpus and motherboards in stock but they deal isn't current. Does anyone have an ad scan with the date on it?

It's pretty decent for on board but isn't as good as the pci X-FI xtrememusic I had been running forever. Doesn't drive my ATH-AD500 or HARX900 nearly as well even with the stupid mobo molex power adapter. I'm going to be hooking up my Fiio E17 until I get around to buying a pcie express sound card.

I assume the z would be an even more noticeable difference.

I have a gaming 7 and the rear port doesn't change volume much at all with the molex adapter. The front panel audio amplifies like crazy though. You should try that.

The store near me said that they have a ton of the cpus and motherboards in stock but they deal isn't current. Does anyone have an ad scan with the date on it?

When I get home I'll look for the date on mine.

If anyone need the combo i7, let me know as I can purchase 2 more from MC. PM for more details.

Back