Microcenter:Free MSI Z97 Gaming 5 after $10 rebate with purchase of intel CPU!!

cvinh

2[H]4U
Seen here -> http://imgur.com/WeQ7sTV

Went to my local MC in PA and saw this deal in the advert. This is a pretty good mobo and I don't see how MC isn't losing money on this deal, it's crazy. Is something wrong wth this mobo: bios, drivers,etc?) I bought it with a 4690k.

poop, I'm going to find out if I can get this at Tustin tomorrow. If not, I would love for it to be possible for you to buy that same exact combo for me and ship it to me. ^.^

I've be willing to put money down for someone to get me this combo. :)

Says select processors that I assume are sold at full price? Microcenter always has awesome CPU+motherboard deals, so I would think this is just a case of all of the discount being applied to the mobo rather than half the CPU and half the mobo?

If not, whats a good combo CPU you think for this, to see the combined cost? Also, we might need to verify that this is a national promotion.

I checked the online ad for the Westbury, NY location and this deal was not listed there. I also checked the PA online catalog and it was not there too. Maybe a walk-in deal.

This is a great deal!

I checked the online ad for the Westbury, NY location and this deal was not listed there. I also checked the PA online catalog and it was not there too. Maybe a walk-in deal.

This is a great deal!

Yea I was only going there for the G3258 combo but saw this in the ad.

The CPU prices are listed to the left which are cheaper than newegg right?. I got this at the St Davids PA location. I saw 1 or 2 mobos left on the shelf but they might have had more in the back. Walked out the door with a 4690k and the MSI mobo for $211 after the $10 coupon and still have a $10 MIR to send in.

Can anyone confirm this deal in MI? Its not in our advert that i can see and it doesn't even look like they stock the msi 5 mobo. Their website doesn't list MSI 5 boards in PA either.

Pm me if you want me to pick this up for you... Of course cost plus gratitiuty ;) is required

I just picked this up from the Microcenter in PA. The deal is not listed in the ad. But it is in the system. Best to call first. But I got the i5 4690k for $199 and the motherboard was 10$ with a $10 MIR. Sick deal, I was about to buy the asus z97 AR for $105 with the CPU. I saved almost $100 and used that to buy another case fan, a new keyboard and an external optical drive. Fucking score!

Shows OOS in Westmont IL, if anyone happens to stop by and sees otherwise lmk!

Great deal for anyone that is looking to build and has an MC nearby. Built two 4770k systems and they were great. Would consider another Haswell build if this was for a mini itx board.

Just came back from Microcenter. I bought an i7-4790k with the MSI mobo and total came to 307.39. 279.99 for cpu and 10 for the mobo. Gonna sell the mobo to recoup some costs and sell my i5. What a fricking steal. If anyone doesn't have access to a MC, I could get a bundle for you and ship it at your expense.

Yea it didn't say they were in stock in PA but they def had a couple after I left

This is a sweet deal. Wow wish I could justify driving that far (5 hrs round trip isn't worth it I suppose)

Just got back from the MI microcenter. The place says the mobo is out of stock but they have about six open box gaming 5's that work with the deal(just missing the I/O ports on each one). Got a 4690 and the MSI for 199 plus tax. board was completely free. Going back up tommorow to grab the rest of the boards and like 5 or 6 proc. Anybody wants the combo I'll give it away for 275 usd plus shipping. (remember I gotta pay tax and it's 70 miles away)

I got one of these combos about 6 months ago to upgrade my wife's rig.. Easy OC to 4ghz at stock volts and fan.. Uses hardly any power.

picked up two combos. thanks op! they still had quite a few combos at the microcenter in tustin.

Got my new build set up. Really like this board, looks sexy. And amazing deal!

Worked when I went to MI location yesterday although I think I got the last open box mobo that had an io plate. I had to show them the flier at the door because originally they tried just giving me the normal $40 of deal.

Worked when I went to MI location yesterday although I think I got the last open box mobo that had an io plate. I had to show them the flier at the door because originally they tried just giving me the normal $40 of deal.

What's the best processor right now? Been holding out for Skylake so haven't followed this stuff. Have a 2500k atm.

Hmmm, at least when I have Houston selected, "MSI Z97-Gaming 5" doesn't even show up on the website. :(

Hmmm, at least when I have Houston selected, "MSI Z97-Gaming 5" doesn't even show up on the website. :(

Hey, high five for houston! I just called Houston location and asked them. She said that they are all out of stock everywhere, but they are expected to get more soon and that the deal is good until the 15th!

Hey cvinh, Where did you see this ad? I used MC's chat and at first the cs guy confirmed the deal and then later in the chat he said it wasn't in his listings and must be a dead deal. I can't seem to find this deal in any of their ads and don't want to drive 70 miles to be turned down. I'd like to get this deal so please get back to me.

Hey cvinh, Where did you see this ad? I used MC's chat and at first the cs guy confirmed the deal and then later in the chat he said it wasn't in his listings and must be a dead deal. I can't seem to find this deal in any of their ads and don't want to drive 70 miles to be turned down. I'd like to get this deal so please get back to me.

Try to call that particular store and give them the SKU 248427 to ask if it is in stock.

My MC shows that its out of stock as well but I went in store and they had 5+, check in store.

My MC has 53 of these in stock. Except they are only selling for $40 off...

EDIT: Are all of the local fliers the same? Tempted to drive there anyways and check for myself.

My MC has 53 of these in stock. Except they are only selling for $40 off...

EDIT: Are all of the local fliers the same? Tempted to drive there anyways and check for myself.

They print out different fliers everyday. I went there 3 times in one day, forgot a part and then had to return said part to get a different part.. They gave me a different flier each time. I don't think its store dependent because each flier had different deals.

It was on the flier where they have on the rack once you come into the store. I wouldn't have known any other way. It doesn't show up on the online ad. Like others said, I would call the store and ask them.

They print out different fliers everyday. I went there 3 times in one day, forgot a part and then had to return said part to get a different part.. They gave me a different flier each time. I don't think its store dependent because each flier had different deals.

Their flier had it in there. Picked it up no problem.

Back