Microcenter - Free 32GB DDR5 kit with purchase of a Ryzen 4 CPU.

Huh, I could've sworn Marietta MC ran out of DDR5 to bundle last time I checked, but as it turns out, they've got plenty - and better yet, it's DDR5-6000, not 5600.
https://www.microcenter.com/product...sktop-memory-kit-f5-6000j3038f16gx2-fx5-black

Not gonna lie, had that been available sooner, I might've opted for Zen 4 and AM5 for my next build (mainly in the hopes of 3D V-Cache options for AM5 later on), but then the $350 12700K + Z690-PLUS Wi-Fi D4 bundle showed up and I already had a good helping of DDR4 on hand.

NJ location ddr5 6000 cl30. Store was pretty empty. Grabbed a 7700x and free DRAM kit. Not sure whether to open it yet. Let's see whether something better turns up.

If you get the free G.Skill DDR5 6000 cl 30 memory kit, you have the potential of getting the more expensive Hynix A-Die memory chips. These are known to overclock to 7600-8000+ on intel systems. Unfortunately, Ryzen 7000 processors are pretty much limited to around 6000, maybe slightly higher. Perhaps the memory will age well though, enough to last to the next am5 processor?

Interesting. I picked up that GSkill 6000 kit with a 7700x recently. I’ll have to see if they are Hynix A Die. But yeah they probably won’t clock too high on these early AM5 chips though. I’m likely just going to stick to the expo profile and call it a day for now.

Interesting. I picked up that GSkill 6000 kit with a 7700x recently. I’ll have to see if they are Hynix A Die. But yeah they probably won’t clock too high on these early AM5 chips though. I’m likely just going to stick to the expo profile and call it a day for now.
If you look at the 9th digit on the code on the sticker that's above the serial number and it's a 2, it's hynix, the 11th digit on the code represents die, A for A-Die, M for M-Die. If you have something other than that, it's probably Samsung chips.

If you get the free G.Skill DDR5 6000 cl 30 memory kit, you have the potential of getting the more expensive Hynix A-Die memory chips. These are known to overclock to 7600-8000+ on intel systems. Unfortunately, Ryzen 7000 processors are pretty much limited to around 6000, maybe slightly higher. Perhaps the memory will age well though, enough to last to the next am5 processor?
Kids kept me busy all weekend, so I just checked. It is Hynix M-Die memory, not A. Anyway, as I said few people were at the store. No lines. Guy told me that someone came in the AM to buy a 4800 and paid cash... In other words, people buying are talked about... so few of them. Everyone waiting for Cyber Monday?

If you look at the 9th digit on the code on the sticker that's above the serial number and it's a 2, it's hynix, the 11th digit on the code represents die, A for A-Die, M for M-Die. If you have something other than that, it's probably Samsung chips.
Also I have noticed Samsung chips usually say SEC on them

Kids kept me busy all weekend, so I just checked. It is Hynix M-Die memory, not A. Anyway, as I said few people were at the store. No lines. Guy told me that someone came in the AM to buy a 4800 and paid cash... In other words, people buying are talked about... so few of them. Everyone waiting for Cyber Monday?
There's plenty of 4080's available. No rush to go for the cash grab.

M-die still overclocks well around the 7000-7200 range on intel. Will have the the benefit of better timings than A-Die. So for AMD systems, it'll be better to go for the 6000-6400 range if possible, with better timings. So i say your kit is a great find!

I ended with A-die memory, but that was after I returned two kits to get the one i wanted. I originally went on the deal when it was ddr5 5600, returned and received some ddr5 6000 kit (samsung), then returned that for the hynix (A-die).

Last edited:
Back