Microcenter doesn't recommend Asus motherboards

I've seen more dead Foxconn mobos in HP computers than I could even remember. I can't say I 'd touch one at any price.

Yes I know they make components for many makers but they can't make a decent board to save their life. Biostar whilst not awful is probably not a great choice v ASRock

The MSI boards have better behind the scenes retail margins, that's why they're pushed so heavily.
BINGO!

Pretty much a no-brainer.

I can't believe anyone would think they pushed one product over another unless it was financially advantageous.

To those that think MC is doing this for any other reason......grow up! LOL!

Most of the MC employees I have dealt with were high school nerds, I prefer to do my own homework, walk in grab what I want and walk out (after paying).

I usually prefer ASUS but their mid-range boards were a little pricey when I got my 2500K, plus they were playing games with Turbo modes and idle speeds, HardOCP put out a pretty good review of an MSI board when the 2xxx series processors came out so I bought the P67A-GD55. No major complaints, just two quirks... It only has one USB 2.0 header (+1 USB 3.0), other boards have more. Also, the front panel connector block for easy unplugging/re-connecting is too tall for use with CF.

I'm sure ASUS' Windows apps for OC' ing are sleeker and better designed but I'm cool with the $50 or so I saved. GB wasn't on my radar because I wanted a UEFI BIOS.

Back