Microcenter Deal of the Day - Samsung EcoGreen 1TB - $79.99 + tax [B&M]

These drives are supposed to be really cool and quiet. They are pretty damn slow with AAM on though, and when you turn off AAM there's not much point in having it except for the reduced power consumption.

I'm really starting to get a stomach ache now. The last 20-something deals from Fry's and Microcenter (minus a couple sets of ram) have been B&M only!! CURSE YOU B&M!!!

wow I might have to pick one or 2 up tonight for a NAS server. How well do you think these will run?

Would these be fine for a HTPC? I'm considering a Blu-ray storage setup and since I'm new to this, I'm not sure if HD speed hinders streaming Blu-ray content to say, a TV or projector.

Looks like a good deal. Thanks OP. Luckily, I have a MC nearby.

Would these be fine for a HTPC? I'm considering a Blu-ray storage setup and since I'm new to this, I'm not sure if HD speed hinders streaming Blu-ray content to say, a TV or projector.

Plenty of speed to stream HD content.

Display HD content has more of a load on your CPU than it does for a HD.

Thinking about it, but hte 2TB drives were supposed to be out last week, so something tells me they might be worth waiting for. $80 is a good deal, but is it that much better the faster hitachi for $20 more? Plus the hour drive to get to microcenter :p

I'm tempted to pickup 8, but have a feeling Id be better off waiting for 2TB drives so I only need to install 4 and not max out my P180 mini's storage capacity.

/me waits for the whiners to jump in about how a 1TB drive @ 5400 RPM is the FAIL and no self-respecting pr0n addict would even own one... :eek:

Very tempting. Especially since I pass a Microcenter on the way home from work.

Ok screw it I'm in for 6, only 6 left at my local store (Tustin - orange County), they had 55 this morning :) I din't buy all 12 so some of you can still get in.

I just hope these are close to as nice as the WD Green drives since that was my origional Plan.

I didn't know they did one day deals, so I was curious about the title of Deal of the Day.
Sure enough, up to $109 today. I'm not buying my next two TiBbies until next weekend, so it'll be WDs.

Back