Microcenter: AMD FX-8320 $99 in store only

MacLeod

[H]F Junkie
I know these Microcenter deals are annoying to the majority of the people that don't have one nearby but thought this was worth posting for those that do. MC has the 8320 for a C-note in store only of course. You have to add it to your cart to see the price.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/401796/FX_8320_Black_Edition_35GHz_AM3_Boxed_Processor

Dollar for dollar, that might be the best CPU on the market especially if it's a good overclocker.

The 9590 is $280 there as well which is pretty good since it's still $370 elsewhere.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/423307/FX_9590_Black_Edition_47GHz_Eight-Core_Socket_AM3_Boxed_Processor

Last edited:
Yeah if you add to your cart it looks like you can get up to $40 off certain motherboards, really not to shabby as you can get the msi 970a and this for 129 (with 10 mir) for 119 and tax out the door. Makes a really good deal.

Oh god. I've just bought an i5-4570 for my gaming box, a i7-4770k for my linux box....now I want to upgrade my VM server and/or my fileserver....just stop it already microcenter!

Microcenter, why you no come to my town. :mad:

It's probably for your own good. I've got two of them a little less than 2 hours south of me in Atlanta and I've made more than a few trips down there. Usually talk the wife into a "road trip" so she doesn't mind me buying something else I don't need quite as much. If there were a MC in my town I'd probably be broke and possibly divorced.

A few months ago I got the FX-8350 for $179 (kicking myself). Great processor, stable and fast! Must... not... buy... another...processor....

I would gladly trade the TigerDirect that is 5 miles from my house for a Micro Center..even one within 100 miles. But since there are only 23 MC stores in 16 states.. and many of those stores are in the same basic area (2 in Atlanta.. 2 in Chicago.. 2 near Washington DC, and 3 in Ohio), most people don't have a Micro Center within, perhaps, 150- 200 miles of them (about 250 miles for me). So while MC does have great IN STORE sales, these deals are useless for the vast majority of the computer buying public. Wish MC deals would have it's own '[H]ot|DEALS" section and not be included in the general "[H]ot|DEALS" since almost every day there is some awesome deal that me and my credit card would partake in if we could but we can't so we don't.

5810174244_cea6028c8b.jpg

Damnit. The deal that should have been last week...would have kept me amd. Oh well. Easily the least expensive high end CPU/mobo combo price possible.

These guys are killing me. I just got the 4770k last week with a Z87-A and haven't even opened the boxes....

Dam these deals, micro center is 15 minutes from me but I don't need it :(

These deals are great! Makes me reconsider buying mine from Newegg that im trying to get rid off.

Last edited:
Good deal, would be a great VM server, 125W is a bit high... 8 physical cores could run a lot of VM's, just need the memory. :D

Specifications
Core
Vishera
Processor
FX 8320 Black Edition
Operating Frequency
3.5GHz
Turbo Speed
4GHz
Number of Cores
Eight-Core
Number of Threads
8 Processing Threads
Level 1 Cache
4 x 64KB shared instruction caches, 8 x 16KB shared data caches
Level 2 Cache
8MB
Level 3 Cache
8MB
Thermal Power
125W
Processor Architecture
32nm SOI
Processor Data Width
64-Bit
Socket Type
Socket AM3+
Front Side Bus
2600MHz
HyperTransport
One 16x16 link @ up to 4GTs
Stepping
C0

The memory would be more than this processor LOL!

Side story: MC had some patriot 8gb ram for $8 (1 only tho). I wondered if I should have jumped on it. Guess who wondered too long...

This is what I feel every time I go there. >_>

Pity I didn't wait for their deal on the 4770k but meh. I built this system a few months back now, so I can't really complain getting it for 280 with 40 bucks off the MB I chose. 99$ for that AMD CPU is insane though. Just insane.

Ah the magical city of Micro Center. It's like believing Santa's workshop is at the North Pole but knowing you'll never get there... :(

5 min away constant temptation. usually buy use for a month to a year and resell. also hard to sell items locally with MC in town. I am a recovering SSD addict do they have a 12 step program for that yet?:rolleyes:

SSD addicts LOL

Going thru the MC bf ad with a fine tooth comb and WOW does it really stink of mediocrity. SSDs are about $10 from market price.....?

CPUs are good deals, and I can`t really complain since theyre usually below everyone else. But if your looking for the deals...prepare to look elsewhere.

Back