MicroCenter 2500K $159 IN Store only

Expand your operations, MC. I'm in the market for just such a CPU. I'm not leaving the state to get it!

Ya i bought 3 last time, With help from my friend and wife :) Im going to grab somemore when they come in and ill sell them here for $10 over cost to fellow HardOcpers :)

Love my 2500k but its a bad oc one lol. Can do stock voltage sup to 4100mhz then hits a wall. Needs 1.35v for 4600mhz and 1.4v for 4800mhz, needs 1.52v for 5000mhz and I wont push the voltages past that.

For day to day I run the 1.4v @ 4800mhz and get 40c idle/63c load, thats with my OC 6950 on the same WC loop mind you. Also my mobo isnt the best for overclocking (p67a-c43). Bios locks me to 1.35v, have to use software or bios meant for a different mobo to go past it

Love my 2500k but its a bad oc one lol. Can do stock voltage sup to 4100mhz then hits a wall. Needs 1.35v for 4600mhz and 1.4v for 4800mhz, needs 1.52v for 5000mhz and I wont push the voltages past that.

For day to day I run the 1.4v @ 4800mhz and get 40c idle/63c load, thats with my OC 6950 on the same WC loop mind you. Also my mobo isnt the best for overclocking (p67a-c43). Bios locks me to 1.35v, have to use software or bios meant for a different mobo to go past it

That's a reasonable overclock if you look at historical overclocking threads with honest results not pipe dreams. Mine has been at 4.7GHz for two years.

Great price for nice cpu , to bad outta money till the 22nd. if someone get's extras il pay them on 22nd for 1 ... :) Cheers

The 3570k is nice for people who only use onboard graphics as the HD4000 isn't too bad.

Ivy Bridge has better IMC, it might be something to consider if you are going beyond 2133MHz for RAM.

[shrug]
Don't know why.
2500K is going to run cooler and most likely require less voltage to hit a certain speed.

Cooler, yes, less voltage, no. Ive had more then ten of each.

The discount this month is $40, and only for the 3570K and 3225. The 2500K had been $140 for a while, so this is a price increase, not a good deal.

The discount this month is $40, and only for the 3570K and 3225. The 2500K had been $140 for a while, so this is a price increase, not a good deal.

Wow, good to know. I almost made a trip to my local MC. Guess I'll wait a little to see if pricing changes again (I'm not in a hurry).

Cooler, yes, less voltage, no. Ive had more then ten of each.

$99 a few months ago was a good deal.

$159.99 for a 2500k at this point in time is a terrible deal from MC.

Ya i bought 3 last time, With help from my friend and wife :) Im going to grab somemore when they come in and ill sell them here for $10 over cost to fellow HardOcpers :)

My Microcenter in Santa Clara closed. I got a lot of my things there, but it wasn't enough.

I bought Asus P8Z77-V PRO and i3-3225 with $50 off on Monday. Would you like me to scan the receipt?

I believe you, as I just got a combo discount with $50 off as well. However, now the discount is $40. They dont always change the deals on the 1st of the month.

Dont tell someone to expect $50 off when the current flier says $40.

I caved and picked up a 3570K, miniitx mobo and 16G ballistix memory on Sunday at my local MC..

I got $50 off the mobo and an additional $10 off the memory which was on sale for $77... so $67.. deal was too good to resist..

I caved and picked up a 3570K, miniitx mobo and 16G ballistix memory on Sunday at my local MC..

I got $50 off the mobo and an additional $10 off the memory which was on sale for $77... so $67.. deal was too good to resist..

Better cpu and better deal.

why can't they just open a new location in the bay area already argh!

frys has shit prices still :(

I believe you, as I just got a combo discount with $50 off as well. However, now the discount is $40. They dont always change the deals on the 1st of the month.

Dont tell someone to expect $50 off when the current flier says $40.

I did not expect to get $50 off. It was only after she got a receipt she called me to tell me it was more than $40..

[shrug]
Don't know why.
2500K is going to run cooler and most likely require less voltage to hit a certain speed.
The Ivy Bridge CPUs require much less voltage and power to reach their maximum overclocks, compared to their Sandy Bridge-based equivalents. The heat issues people have had to deal with using Ivy Bridge CPUs are because Intel started using regular thermal paste between the CPU die, and the integrated heat spreader, rather than the solder they had previously used. Over at Anandtech forums one of the administrators there (IDontCare) had shown that by replacing the stock Intel thermal paste with high-end Noctua stuff, and sanding the adhesive off of the bottom of the heat spreader, you can expect temperature drops of 20 degrees Celsius.

Just a little at stock. While overclocking, difference of power consumption between 2500k and 3570k should be very little.
This is also incorrect. The same guy I had mentioned in reply to zero2dash had shown that his 3770k consumed significantly less power at max OC than his 2700k, and also at every step in-between stock, and max OC.

Expand your operations, MC. I'm in the market for just such a CPU. I'm not leaving the state to get it!

+1 to that. the local MC in my area shut down supposedly due to a landlord dispute. One has not reopened in this area. Luckily I've felt no need to upgrade from the P67/2500k combo I bought there at SB launch. The newer offerings really have nothing I need.

To be fair, all you Fry's areas were living it up in the 90s/2000s while us northern types had to suffer with CompUSA, we earned this lol.

This is also incorrect. The same guy I had mentioned in reply to zero2dash had shown that his 3770k consumed significantly less power at max OC than his 2700k, and also at every step in-between stock, and max OC.

You can compare I7s with I5s. Although they have same architecture, but presence of HT will make the scenario different, isn't it?

Back