Microcenter 200 dollar Q6600

I wish this sale could last til next Friday when I get paid, but I see E8400's won't be out for a while more now and I just dropped $350 on the 8800GTX deal.....

Oh well.

I just grabbed mine at the Paterson store Northern NJ. they have +100 in stock , no e8400's

They really pushed that i get a bundle and after some conversation the salesman gave me some 4gb 2x 2gb corsair xms dhx for $86 , which is $2 over newegg right now with MIR. not a huge fan of the large heatspreaders but I took it, it was a decent price considering the 3% tax in that area , and no shipping cost. I still probably could have had it for less online, but for $10 -$20 or so didn't think it was worth the hassle.

I just grabbed mine at the Paterson store Northern NJ. they have +100 in stock , no e8400's

They really pushed that i get a bundle and after some conversation the salesman gave me some 4gb 2x 2gb corsair xms dht for $86 , which is $2 over newegg right now with MIR. not a huge fan of the large heatspreaders but I did get the ram, it was a decent price considering the 3% tax in that area , and no shipping cost.

one of the sales rep in the chicago store told me they would price match any online competitors pricing thats including ones with no tax so they will go even lower to make up for sales tax.

My local Fry's refused to price match stating a 20 mile limit on store's that they will match, I live in Indianapolis and the closest MC is in Cincinnati.....

I too live in Indy, and thanks for the heads up...I was planning a trip out there tomorrow, but man that SUCKS!!! Indy really needs to get a micro center!!

Picked mine up this morning. Not sure how many are left, but all that I saw were G0 stepping. This was in MN.

Just a heads up-
In store special is still going on at the Paterson NJ store.

I just finished my system over the weekend with a Q6600 from microcenter. VERY impressive overclockability! I've got it back to stock right now while I get a new HSF I did get it up to 3.2GHZ stable with the stock cooler. 3.4GHZ made windows act funky.

If this deal is still going on, don't hesitate!

Completed my setup yesterday as well (Thank MavAlpha @ MC)

I got the Q6600-G0 (SLACR) with the EVGA nv650i Ultra MB (good tweakability)

For the moment, slapped in 2 of 4 GB of 667mhz DDR2 and my old-trusty X1950gt

I don't know how high I can take it up since I was told that my 667 ram may be my hurdle... but I got such a great deal that I may not care right now.

I also tested my brother's 8800GT on it and it gave me 10K+ on 3DMark06 @ 1280x1024 with 4x AA

I got ways to go still, have to figure out how to play with the LINKED/UNLINKED settings. Or I may just turn to NTUNE for the GUI

confirmed this is on sale till the 16th. Salesman told me they have TONS of them in stock at all there locations so they are extending the sale to move the lot. grrrr

I just finished my system over the weekend with a Q6600 from microcenter. VERY impressive overclockability! I've got it back to stock right now while I get a new HSF I did get it up to 3.2GHZ stable with the stock cooler. 3.4GHZ made windows act funky.

If this deal is still going on, don't hesitate!

What voltage?

If anyone lives near the their Detroit store and would be willing to ship one to me I would pay them a little bit ;)

PM me or e-mail me (in signature)

The nearest one to me is 50 miles away, so is there anything else worth picking up there to offset the gas money? I saw they had a good deal on Corsair power supplies. I plan on building a complete new system around a Q6600.

OK, here's a shot of my Q6600 setup. I've only gone up to 2.6 cuz I have to see how far I can take it with the 667 memory.
I bet if I want it any faster, I'll have to ditch that memory for 800 or 1066...

3DMark06'13038.JPG

should be able to set the fsb at 333 with 667 ram.

I just got it running last night... I'm still messing around, and honestly still letting it "burn in" but before the warranty runs out (or rebate submission)

What would be the right formula? Got a Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX on the CPU

Cobalt

Go straight to 333Mhz FSB.

Your ram should be able to handle it. You multiply your RAM speed by 2x's

In your screenie, it shows your bus speed at 289 from the stock 266. You can go to 333 with your ram (=3.0GHZ cpu) before you even start overclocking your RAM.

you know, i was going to shoot for this deal, but enless you actually live in the town were one is, it might be more cheaper to just buy it off the internet for $254.00. just my 2 cents. i live 70 miles away from one, so it would cost me about $26.00 just to drive there and back. that really wouldnt save me much.

As of 4pm today in Madison Heights, MI there were 160 Q6600's in stock. I really wanted to get one, but since I would have to upgrade everything except my drives, sound and video card, I couldn't justify spending almost $1000 to upgrade since I'd be going with SLI and a 780 board if I did.

was just at the Rockville MC and I counted 27 Q6600's if anyone is around there and still interested

what steppings are people getting ?? any o/c results ??
im thinking bout picking one up tomorrow in north jersey ?

Hi,

They are going to be G0 SLACR models. I have a 3.31 Ghz overclock at 1.24 Volts under load.

I wound up spending around 500 when all said and done at MC. I did the EVGA 8800 GT special, Corsair XMS2 4GB kit, the Q6600 and some other odds and ends. However, it only cost about 200 to do a CPU, video and memory upgrade. So it was not that bad in the end for me. Plus this box will be around for quite sometime. I really didn't plan on the upgrades I did anyway but since there was an opportunity, I took it if you know what I mean. I would have been happy with just he newer video. The quad and the RAM were just a nice bonus :)

shaggy

Chicago store on Elston still has plenty. Just got one. Damn you 9% Chicago tax (soon to be 10%, thanks Ritchie Daley!):mad:

To explain my post a bit more - the deal is awesome and I'd love to get one, but for people with almost nothing compatible there is a lot more to buy and it adds up quick. Right after I saw the in-store inventory I decided to not buy one and think about it for a few minutes and realized I would have a lot of additional hardware to buy:

$200 for the CPU
$80 for 4GB RAM
$260 for an MSI 780i Diamond board (based on overclocking reports from here)
$220+ for another BFG 8800GT OC
~$120 for a new power supply (mine is before sata and six pin connectors)

= $880 + tax & shipping, then

+ $??? for additional cooling or whatever

Damn I wanted to upgrade my Opty 175 @ 2.5. Maybe I'll just invest in better cooling and bump the O/C a bit more.

You guys are so lucky to have places like this around where you live. I'm stuck with BestBuys, Circuit Cities, and mom & pop shops if I don't want to buy online. Good deal going on though.

If anyone is in KC or is willing to pick-up one and ship me one, let me know thanks. im debating on it.

I was told the sale ended on Sunday....

It's pretty obvious they're trying to clear them out to make room for the 45nm Quads/Duals. The fact that they have so many points to Intel giving them a hell of a deal in order to get them out of their inventory. I'll bet the sale goes on until they're gone or almost gone. As mentioned above, the MD store had about 4 shelves completely filled when I went there last week.

still on sale till the 16th or till they are gone. our local store had a TON

Back