Microcenter 200 dollar Q6600

Just picked one of these up for myself today. G0 Stepping. The guy that sold it to me seemed a little peeved I didn't want to buy anything else, but who cares, I'm not going to buy extra stuff just to appease them. They priced it this low.

I'm already up to 3.45Ghz with plenty of headroom to go. My only beef is how damned warped the heat spreader on this thing is. There were 0.25mm gaps between a razor blade and the surface in some spots. I think I'm going to have to lap it since I've already confirmed it works just fine :)

updated overclock - 3.45 and I haven't even tried maxing it out yet - WOOOT

Dont be mad man they are trying to compete with the egg its hard, im a salesman at the cincinnati store you dont know the pressure theese guys are under to get attachments with that proc, we are just trying to feed our familys

Ha...I just printed off the newsletter and went to Fry's. You should have seen the astonished looks on the faces of the guys that work there. I basically played it off like I had done this 100 times. I just walked in and said I would like this priced matched. They tried to give me the whole its not a local store so we wont price match. Long story short I was in and out of there in about 20min with my quad core for 199 plus tax! Luckily they handed me a slacr the first time so I didnt have to go into that whole thing.

Thanks for the links and the post!!!

I just called the Patterson, NJ location and the guy said they have 100+ of them. Ill te taking a trip up there in a bit in hopes of buying 1 or more.

Well, they did have a ton of em but wouldnt sell me more than one. I did manage to get the Thermalright 120 Extreme and a S-FLEX fan which was a nice suprise. They are SLACR's which is a bonus.

Picked up 1 & a 8800GT.
Can only buy 1. Unless you walk out and walk back in or go different days.
I might go and price match at Fry's.

The closest one is in Chicago, about 150 miles from me. :(

I could so use one of those 190 dollar E8400s...but the round trip would cost me 40 bucks in gas.

q6600 slacr
Gigabyte ds3L p35
2gb ddr800
OCZ xstream 600w
evga 8800gt :)

and the dreaded microsoft 5000 notebook mouse for my bluetooth in my macbook!

45mi drive one way, but hell, nice.

I drove ~2 hours to pick up my Q6600 and some other things that were on sale. Even with the gas money and tax I saved ~$100 from what I was going to order online. :)

Edit* Humming away at 3.6GHz now w/no problems. :)

NewEgg charges me TAX anyway cuz I'm in NJ. With big ticket items I buy there I ship it to my in-laws in PA.

I'm going Saturday ... if the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L MB ($100 s/h+tax) is about the same @ MC as NewEgg, I'll pick it up there as well.

PS: What is MC's warranty policy? What if the MB + RAM don't click? Or if it mysteriously dies after 2 weeks?

I picked up 2, when I asked him how many I could get, he responded with "How many do you want? One, two, four, nine?" :D

the paterson NJ micro center only chargs 3 percent tax cause its a city.

damnit it I really wanna pick one of these up at the paterson store. i don't have money!! :(:(

why oh why must they be so far away. must not spend more money on computer parts anyways.

i got this during black friday for less than $200 with a mobo at frys. It was a G0. These things still haven't gone down??

Hi,

Isn't this deal only to the end of the month anyways? I think the BYOPC sale is to the 29th. That is a Friday. Saturday is March 1st. The sale might be over and then higher prices will kick back in. Anyone would like to confirm this.

BTW, 3.5% sales tax at the Paterson store. Not faulting you or anything else. Still a good deal when you do not have to pay 7% :)

shaggy

Hi,

Isn't this deal only to the end of the month anyways? I think the BYOPC sale is to the 29th. That is a Friday. Saturday is March 1st. The sale might be over and then higher prices will kick back in. Anyone would like to confirm this.

BTW, 3.5% sales tax at the Paterson store. Not faulting you or anything else. Still a good deal when you do not have to pay 7% :)

shaggy

Actually I believe this one expires today.

actually on the promo newsletter, it said price good till 03/02.

wait... now i am confused
in the 2 last promo newsletter, they feature the Q6600. One said price good till 02/27, the other good till this Sunday. Which one to follow?

They're fairly lenient on CPU prices - as far as I know. I think as long as you talk to an associate about it, you should still be able to get the sale price.

Hi,

That's cool for those buying one. I just got my 8800GT from there. That was my big spending. As for the Q6600, my wife was opposed to the fiscal spending but she now had a change in heart. I might wind up getting one now. It is hard to spend money when you are not working and such. Who knows. :rolleyes:

shaggy

My local Fry's refused to price match stating a 20 mile limit on store's that they will match, I live in Indianapolis and the closest MC is in Cincinnati.....

Just picked one up northeast side of Chicago :) They had plenty of them in stock there.

2645 N Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 292-1700

Hi,

Just got back from the MC in Northern NJ. I got a quad but only one though. The kid who have to "help" me gave me some grief about not buying it in a bundle. I told him that I just want the processor. He said he had to clear it with a manager. Apparently, he claimed there were too many people by more than 2 in a clip. However since I was buying it conjunction with a DVD burner (needed one for an upgrade to my parent's PC) that is qualified as a "bundle" I was going to pick another one up for a random person who wanted one but didn't have a local MC near them. Just trying to be friendly on the H.

In other news, I got a slacr. Crossing fingers for a good one for OC purposes.

shaggy

Well I just went to micro center to pick up an E8400 and they didn't have any BUT they had the Q6600 G0 for 199.99 sale so its still on! So I went ahead and bought one, had like 30 at my store (VA)

as of 1pm this afternoon they said on the phone they had over 100 in stock in St. Louis Park, MN

as of 1pm this afternoon they said on the phone they had over 100 in stock in St. Louis Park, MN

Hey do you know if they have E8400 in stock in St. Louis Park, MN? Didn't want to drive out there for nothing. Thanks.

i didn't ask, give them a call though and they will let you know i'm sure

btw, i grabbed 2x1gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800 there for $34.99 w/ $40 MIR = win

i didn't ask, give them a call though and they will let you know i'm sure

btw, i grabbed 2x1gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800 there for $34.99 w/ $40 MIR = win

Maybe I will drive out there tomorrow for the ddr 2 800 and ask E8400 info there. Thanks again.

I might be heading back up today around 12-1 EST. If someone wants me to grab one for them, post or send me a PM.

In case anyone is wondering, this is still ongoing. The St. Louis Park, MN store has 150 in stock at $199.99 and it'll supposedly stay that price until they are sold out... :D

Back