626473.new.jpg

• Intel® Dual Core Technology
• 2.40GHz, 8MB Level 2 Cache
• 1066MHz FSB
$199.99
LIMIT ONE PER HOUSEHOLD
Reg. $339.99 / 626473 /
In-store Only

Ive been spending way too much money on computer crap lately to see this now damnit. Im going be poor soon :(

I mean link to the newsletter..
i know that. but it got my hopes up for no reason. i wouldn't have clicked if it said in store only ;)

no frys, microcenter, nothing local. virginia sucks :p

Someone over at Slickdeals posted an ad verifying this. They also have the e2160 for $60 and the e4500 for $100.

microcenteryi7.jpg

Fry's please try to match this. Fry's please try to match this. :p

i know that. but it got my hopes up for no reason. i wouldn't have clicked if it said in store only ;)

no frys, microcenter, nothing local. virginia sucks :p

I'm guessing you're not in the metro area? I got my choice of 2 Microcenters :D

If any of you are in the Philadelphia area, there is a Microcenter near King of Prussia:

St. Davids Square
550 East Lancaster Avenue
St. Davids, PA 19087

It's about 50 miles from my house. Wish I had the $199 for the quad core, but I don't get paid till the end of the month :(

Just picked one up at the Overland Park, KS store I got there about 10:05 and there was only one left in the case after I purchased mine. If you are headed to that store you might call to check stock first.

Microenter in Dallas Texas has 14 Q6600 in stock right now for $199 each. They have no E8400 in stock. Just called in a minute ago.

I got this for about 170 after I sold the mobo that came with it back on Black Friday combo deal @ Frys. Great chip nice and strong.....I have played COD4 while running a virus scan and burning a CD and it played without a studder!

Great chip

Well this should mean that the new Intel quads are about to be released. They're not blowing them out to be nice. It's a win-win.

Is there a code for this or something? Microcenter's site show's it at $259 or something like that.

f*@k me I just put in a E6550 into my bro's comp for 179. Anyone know if Fry's accepts returns on open box CPUs?

Just called. Store near me has it at that price and has 15 left. Doubt I can get out there in time to get one though... :(

Denver had 27 instock when it opened. 23 instock after about 5 minutes. My buddy and I each got one and another guy got 2.

Yeah, the St. Louis Park, MN store had 25 in stock when it opened and was down to 15 when I called an hour and a half later. I couldn't get up there, but a coworker building a new computer decided to take an extended lunch... :D

F'ing awesome find OP, thanks! I've been looking for a quad core on the cheap and this is it. I called the Long Island location and they have "plenty" in stock. The sale is until March 2nd. I'm driving out there tonight. They have a 15% restocking fee so I hope this is a G0 unit. Are most Q6600s being sold of the G0 variety or is it still a toss up unless you buy from a retailer that makes sure you get a G0? Microcenter wouldn't confirm what revision the chip was. I'm not looking for a monster OC but if it isn't G0 I should still be able to get 3GHZ at least right?

Just look at the box before you take it to the register. If it says SLACR on it it's G0.

Just look at the box before you take it to the register. If it says SLACR on it it's G0.
Thank you. I forgot that they put that on the box. I'm going to call the store back and see if I can get one of the reps to check the box for me to make sure, plus put one on the side for pickup. Now to find a screenshot of the box so I can talk them through it, if they cooperate.

Denver had 27 instock when it opened. 23 instock after about 5 minutes. My buddy and I each got one and another guy got 2.

I hope there are still some left by the time my bro in law can get there at 2:30 :(

Back