Microcenter 200 dollar Q6600

Thank you. I forgot that they put that on the box. I'm going to call the store back and see if I can get one of the reps to check the box for me to make sure, plus put one on the side for pickup. Now to find a screenshot of the box so I can talk them through it, if they cooperate.

dsc00009bo9hj9.jpg

Ok, just got off the phone with the Long Island location and had one put aside. They are selling SLACR G0 processors. So if you are in the Long Island area, JUMP ON IT!

Thx for the pic JBX86.

Ok, just got off the phone with the Long Island location and had one put aside. They are selling SLACR G0 processors. So if you are in the Long Island area, JUMP ON IT!

Thx for the pic JBX86.

I have a micro center only 3 minutes from where i work. i will take a trip this afternoon after work. I believe you are talking about the one in Carle Place.

Just picked one up at the Overland Park, KS store I got there about 10:05 and there was only one left in the case after I purchased mine. If you are headed to that store you might call to check stock first.

Damn that the one that i go to! ill try to call them and see if they answer the phone!!!

punks. too bad no microcenters in oregon. but we have no tax. woohoo! come on when are other places online going to start sellin for $200!

I have a micro center only 3 minutes from where i work. i will take a trip this afternoon after work. I believe you are talking about the one in Carle Place.
Westbury.

655 Merrick Avenue
Westbury, NY 11590

Just got off the phone with the Cambridge, MA store - 25 in stock. I'll be heading in tonight to pick one up, hopefully they are still there by the time I get finished stamping these drawings :eek:

It's an hour drive there and an hour drive back, considering gas prices I might have to pass this up. Also would anyone pass up an e8400 at $200 + tax for a q6600 @ $200 + tax?

check your local fry's some of them have like e6600 for $70 retail
qx6700 for $200

check your local fry's some of them have like e6600 for $70 retail
qx6700 for $200
You will have a very difficult time finding either of those. The E6600 for example went on clearance a few weeks ago and all the employees have cleared out the stores.

Picked one of these bad boys up a bit ago, 27 left at microcenter in kansas city.

Just got one from the Chicago Microcenter. I can't remember the last time I bought from a B&M, but the tax was $18! Just for a second I thought of skipping it, but it took me an hour to get there (traffic, usually its 40mins).

Are you guys sure the sale lasts until the 27th? I was told it was today only.

Thanks OP!

I got one from the Rockville, MD MC at ~ 7:30pm. They had 6 or 7 left, starting off the day with 42. If any of you early risers care to get one, they should have some.

Just got one from the Chicago Microcenter. I can't remember the last time I bought from a B&M, but the tax was $18! Just for a second I thought of skipping it, but it took me an hour to get there (traffic, usually its 40mins).

Are you guys sure the sale lasts until the 27th? I was told it was today only.

Thanks OP!
Yeah, tax sucks. Total was $217 here in NY. My total with gas is $230. I saved $50 and got to listen to some tracks I haven't heard in a while during the drive to the store and back, I think I spent about 2hrs total driving.

Score! Every person in front of me was buying one too, but I think there might of still been some left for anyone looking to go in tomorrow (Cambridge, MA). I'd definetly call first. 209.99 including tax. Now if I could just find a way to cram it onto my s939 board... :D

Dang it! No MicroCenter's near me here in Tucson Arizona. Give anyone here $10 (on top of the cost of the chip of course) to pick me up one and ship it to me. PM me if you're willing!

Dang it! No MicroCenter's near me here in Tucson Arizona. Give anyone here $10 (on top of the cost of the chip of course) to pick me up one and ship it to me. PM me if you're willing!

I second that. I have great heat (see sig), so if you can help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

i'm so tempted to go get one. I'm only 20 mins from the Micro center is West paterson, NJ too...
but I ahve a car payment now.

:(

I will see if there are more at my store out here tonight, if i do i will pick some up and sell them to you guys without microcenters. Just shoot me a pm on it so i know how many to buy.

I got one from the Rockville, MD MC at ~ 7:30pm. They had 6 or 7 left, starting off the day with 42. If any of you early risers care to get one, they should have some.

Damn I wonder if they will get anymore before the week is out. I won't have a chance to get down there until tomorrow.

Anyone else think think that this is the dump before the Wolfdales?

I'm tempted, but getting to Cambridge in the snow= NFG!

Holding out for the Q9450 is getting harder by the day!

Too bad they don't have a microcenter in Montana! No sales tax! Thanks, OP for the fabulous find. This is a good deal on a great processor.

Can anyone confirm if there are left in the chicago store?

My dual opteron (socket 940) server board croaked yesterday.

probably the dump before 45nm.... i'm holding out... e2160 until 45nm comes down in price (might be summer or later before I go quad core, personally).

I snagged one of these. Stepping "SLACR"

working like a charm (I run stock, so I expected it to).

Just picked one of these up for myself today. G0 Stepping. The guy that sold it to me seemed a little peeved I didn't want to buy anything else, but who cares, I'm not going to buy extra stuff just to appease them. They priced it this low.

I'm already up to 3.45Ghz with plenty of headroom to go. My only beef is how damned warped the heat spreader on this thing is. There were 0.25mm gaps between a razor blade and the surface in some spots. I think I'm going to have to lap it since I've already confirmed it works just fine :)

updated overclock - 3.45 and I haven't even tried maxing it out yet - WOOOT

Just picked one of these up for myself today. G0 Stepping. The guy that sold it to me seemed a little peeved I didn't want to buy anything else, but who cares, I'm not going to buy extra stuff just to appease them. They priced it this low.
Amen. That's the hook, get you in there for a Q6600 @ $199, a SLACR at that with the hopes that you walk out with a new PC worth of components. The Micro Center out in LI was like a candy store, almost like if I were to walk through New Egg. They had OEM parts on shelves and in bins. Sale tags everywhere, it was quite overwhelming. Luckily I don't need anything so it was easy to resist temptation.

I'm already up to 3.15Ghz with plenty of headroom to go. My only beef is how damned warped the heat spreader on this thing is. There were 0.25mm gaps between a razor blade and the surface in some spots. I think I'm going to have to lap it since I've already confirmed it works just fine :)
Hahaha, you ain't lying. I took a credit card and held the chip up to the light and checked for light leakage all across the chip and after taking a ton of mental notes I got a picture of a S shaped pit running across the chip. I need to lap this bitch. Problem is, this will be my first time lapping a chip. I'm actually excited about this. I wonder how many degrees I'll drop from lapping, if I don't f*ck it up.

Picked one up last night at westmont,il.
L745B007
Pack Date 1/2/08
Running 3.4 @ 1.4 volts

Back