MicroATX Case and CPU cooler wanted

You can get the Q6600 and its retail cooler in pretty much any SFF case as far as I know. I havent heard of a Q6600 not fitting in any yet so your choice is quite large. Is there a certain requirement you have other than that mobo and Q6600? Do you want a SFF case with a handle? A certain shape? Color? etc., etc.,

Edit: Popular SFF cases
Ultra Microfly
Tt Lanbox
SG01
SG03
Qpack
Qmicra
Fragbox

There are others but these are off the top of my head and often spoken of around here.

I'll have a look at those.
I'd prefer a case with PSU. Mobo + CPU + a sound card + HD + DVD + USB flash driver/camera should have consumption in the range 150-250W. I've heard most PSUs reach maximum efficiency with 50% load, so a 400W unit will be perfect. And the less noise the better so 120 or 140mm fan cooling. A handle will be nice.
The box cooler gets very loud under load, maybe I'll replace it with Ultra-120A(http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_ultra120a.htm)
and see how much underclock/undervolt will make the CPU work stable without fan.

Thanks for bringing up the Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H. I've been looking for a motherboard with HDMI, and DTS connect features. The only problem with that board is that the PCI express only runs at 4x. :(

What's the highest resolution that the integrated graphics card can display? I plan on using this at 1680x1050 resolution.

Might just have to wait for the G35 chipsets to arrived.

I forgot to mention Shuttle too in my last post. They have a new unit coming out that uses the Q6600. Not sure when it releases. Might have already.

That Ultra 120 is an excellent CPU cooler, However, it will NOT fit in a Sugo SG01 or SG03, the Power Supply mounts right over the CPU negating the use of Tower style CPU coolers.
You can use SilverStones NT-06lite cooler, or the stock cooler or the new Zalman 8xxx.
Come to think of it, Rule out the Fragbox too, it's based on the Sugo SG01 design.

Thx guys, I'll give Microfly MX6 a try.

SCSI
I have a display with native 1280x1024 and display properties in Vista 32bit don`t allow to set higher resolution. But 1680x1050 should not be a problem.
Anyway G35+ICH9 boards must arrive very soon you'd better wait for them.

Back