Micro Center in-store EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Hydro Copper Overclocked $599.99

What's the least expensive water cooling solution for something like this?

I bet you could find a used setup pretty inexpensively. Failing that, XSPC is what I'd look at. You need at least a pump (with a housing of some sort like a tube reservoir) a radiator, some fittings and tubing.

Man for people nearby microcenter this is a hot deal unless somehow the 3xxx cards come in and blow the 2xxx cards out of the water at a reasonable price (doubtful)

Was about to do another "God damn Microcenter in store bullshit!!" But thats because looking at the tiny text on the phone I thought it said 399. At 599 while still a good price, I can wait until 3000 series come out

This, or wait a month or so for a card that's newer, $100 cheaper, and is supposed to out-perform it in every aspect... hmmmm
Wait for a 3070. New features and better performance. Two days ago that was a damn good deal. Now it is a terrible deal. You are instantly losing half its value.

Wait for a 3070. New features and better performance. Two days ago that was a damn good deal. Now it is a terrible deal. You are instantly losing half its value.
Yeah, I wasn't being being serious. Should be a no-brainer unless Nvidia is completely full of marketing BS

I feel kind-of bad for retailers that have a large stock of 2000 series cards, but they should have seen this coming along with the rest of us.

The Microcenter near me has very low stock of any RTX 2000 cards right now. I imagine that they will have some open box ones here shortly if anyone is still in that 30 day window after yesterday's announcement..:rolleyes:

So with the pricing announced, are we seeing the bottom falling out of the 2000 series yet? Or are they still trying to squeeze blood from that stone until the 3000 series is actually released.

So with the pricing announced, are we seeing the bottom falling out of the 2000 series yet? Or are they still trying to squeeze blood from that stone until the 3000 series is actually released.
I doubt Nvidia will offer much of (or any) refund for board makers and retailers that are looking to offload 2000 series they have in stock... So, it's likely going to be up to the card makers and retailers to figure out what they want to do, and any losses incurred will be theirs to deal with.

on the other hand, Nvidia probably has a considerable amount of Turing chips left, so we might see some deals for cards made with those. Most likely 2060 Supers and such...

I doubt Nvidia will offer much of (or any) refund for board makers and retailers that are looking to offload 2000 series they have in stock... So, it's likely going to be up to the card makers and retailers to figure out what they want to do, and any losses incurred will be theirs to deal with.

on the other hand, Nvidia probably has a considerable amount of Turing chips left, so we might see some deals for cards made with those. Most likely 2060 Supers and such...
not so much.

Turing is basically out of stock everywhere, (generally speaking) and nvidia stopped making them months ago as they started making ampere cards.

Nowinstock.net shows 0 2060 supers in stock for instance.
http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx2060super/

No 2080s
No 2080Tis
etc.

not so much.

Turing is basically out of stock everywhere, (generally speaking) and nvidia stopped making them months ago as they started making ampere cards.

Nowinstock.net shows 0 2060 supers in stock for instance.
http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx2060super/

No 2080s
No 2080Tis
etc.
My local Microcenter has several models of every 2000 series card in stock with 10+ levels, and many other models in single digits. A single store, that could be a loss of a week's worth of profit just discounting those that are in stock today.

Last edited:
I think this isn't relevant anymore given the price and specs of the RTX3070. There are leaks on the benchmark performance and you have every reason to choose the RTX3070 over the 2080 Super.

I think this isn't relevant anymore given the price and specs of the RTX3070. There are leaks on the benchmark performance and you have every reason to choose the RTX3070 over the 2080 Super.

Depends if they want Rainbow 6 Siege Gold now and mature drivers, but probably not. Or if crypto creeps back it might be a pain to get a 3070 compared to this.

No they only swap out with equivalent model or give a gift card for the full amount paid. So his best bet is that the MC doesn't have any brand new 2080 tis in stock
Minus the ~$140 he paid for the warranty, so he's still down that.

When it comes right down to it, if the stores aren't making money on warranties they will go away. If enough people "abuse" it like this, I can see them going away. But it's no skin off of my teeth if people want to use them in this way, many "extended warranties" are a scam in other areas.

Damn, that was like a full blown investigation. I like Microcenter, the people working there have always been cool to me (Tustin), hate to see them taken advantage of, and then worse: customer-friendly policies getting neutered because of bad apples. Like how Costco's return policy used to be amazing but then people would return an expensive TV on the last day of a 3-year return window, turn around and buy the latest model.

They're one of the few B&M operations that have managed to survive the Amazon death hammer. I know the morality finger wagging in here won't amount to anything, and some people get a thrill from cheating the system, but jesus christ don't treat Microcenter parasitically. Anywhere but there. Because they*will* be gone one day.

Last edited:
We get it folks, SixFootDuo scams the system and brags about it. Take it somewhere else though, not in a HotDeals thread.

Back