Micro Center: i5 3570K $189.99 + $50 off select Z77 mobos

Put me down for missing these deals with no MC or Fry's in the upstate NY area.

However taking that the GB Motherboard and cpu is $250 + let's say(tax here is .08 so we'll use that). That's $270. Say I pay shipping $10 bucks, and $20 dollar tip for someone. I'm still only getting it for $300. I'm still saving $45 bucks(matching it to newegg) which is worth it to me.

Part of me is glad there is no MC near by, I'd probably be broke and pulling tricks at night to make ends meet.

Does Microcenter still give a $50 discount with purchase of a 2500k? or is it only the 3570k?

*edit*

Does Microcenter give any motherboard discounts with the purchase of an i3 ?

Last edited:
Does Microcenter still give a $50 discount with purchase of a 2500k? or is it only the 3570k?

*edit*

Does Microcenter give any motherboard discounts with the purchase of an i3 ?

Unfortunately, the promo discount only applies to the 2500K, 2600K, 2700K and 3570K. :(

Agreed..The Rockville Store never seems to have ANY ITX boards...In fact, despite having a nearly new CoolerMaster HAF 932, I thought about getting a MATX board since you can still run at least 2 GPUs, but they only had 1 model MATX in stock, and only 2 of that model..The Fairfax VA store is much cleaner, better organized, and generally seems to have more of a selection.

Yeah my microcenter, although only 10mins away,didn't have many itx or FM1 boards left which kinda killed my htpc rebuild idea.Yeah my microcenter didn't have many itx or FM1 boards left which kinda killed my htpc rebuild idea :( .

Daw. I was planning on buying a bottom line Ivy i5 and an mITX mobo from mcenter. Guess I'll just get the mobo online now.

Z77E-ITX + 3570K is $310 after tax, vs pretty much the same online for a lower end locked chip.

Just picked up that combo today.

Z77E-ITX + 3570K is $310 after tax, vs pretty much the same online for a lower end locked chip.

Just picked up that combo today.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the Intel server board and grab ECC memory, this is a headless file/multipurpose server. Edit: Apparently the board I was looking at only supports i3s...

Also, any chance in hell you have an eSata device that uses a port multiplier? I would LOVE to know if that eSata port supports port multipliers, as my mITX case fits 8 hard drives, and the z77e + a 4 port sata controller would work great if the esata gave me port multiplier support. If not, I guess I could run the cable into a bracket and make it an internal sata...

Last edited:
Sorry, but I dont. If you dont need a vid card and can use integrated, then you could pick up a PCIe SATA card.

The board clocks very nicely, up to 4.7Ghz 1.22V so far, with memory at 2400Mhz 10-12-12-26-2T 1.5V. Just wish there were more timing options. Only offers the normal ones, and about half a dozen secondary, which results in 14K-16k read/copy in AIDA64 vs 24K-26K on the Gigabyte Z77X board I was using.

my local mc just has the asrock z77 itx board in stock :(

then again i'm going hmm as thunderbolt has just recently come into the picture.....buy now or wait for 1150 where it will prolly be on more boards...

my local mc just has the asrock z77 itx board in stock :(

then again i'm going hmm as thunderbolt has just recently come into the picture.....buy now or wait for 1150 where it will prolly be on more boards...

I'm with you, wish that Thunderbolt could be found on ITX ... that said, I can't imagine myself using it anyway, and one can always wait for the next best thing ...

Didn't know you could get the Z77E-ITX as a combo with the 3570K, may just have to bite on that one.

Last edited:
I ended up in microcenter somehow without really checking into motherboards ahead of time, my only thought was to get a board with transferable warranty/international so that basically limits me to Asus. I got the cheapest board with SLI capabilities which was the Asus P8Z77-V LK. When I left the store I started wondering if I have read about getting open boxes which haven't been labeled as such and I opened the box and it didn't have any type of tape or whatever sealant they have previously had, and the motherboard static bag was also just free to open.

Is it possibly an open box?

Is this a decent board? I haven't done my research and couldn't really think of anything I would need that this board doesn't include. I plan to overclock but am not to concerned about getting the top OC, just a stable one where the performance gain begins to taper off.

The board was ~$100 after the $50 MB combo with a 3570k, with a $20 MIR on top of that so if I get a rebate it will only be $80 which is cheap compared to the X58 I bought previously.

then again i'm going hmm as thunderbolt has just recently come into the picture...

Recently come into what picture? Don't worry yourself, Thunderbolt is utterly irrelevant right now and for the foreseeable future. While its technically superior to USB3 in many ways, Firewire was likewise superior to USB2 in certain aspects and where is Firewire now?

I think Thunderbolt is an awesome tech that supersedes USB 3.0 in power and size; however, Apple were too late with it because USB 3.0 has the monetization, legacy, backwards compatibility, widespread market adoption, and development. Thunderbolt was dead on arrival.

then again i'm going hmm as thunderbolt has just recently come into the picture...

Recently come into what picture? Don't worry yourself, Thunderbolt is utterly irrelevant right now and for the foreseeable future. While its technically superior to USB3 in many ways, Firewire was likewise superior to USB2 in certain aspects and where is Firewire now?

Yes Thunderbolt is an awesome tech that supersedes USB 3.0 in power and size; however, Apple & Intel were too late with it because USB 3.0 has the monetization, legacy, backwards compatibility, widespread market adoption, and development. FWIW Apple didn't even bother outfitting their last Mac Pro refresh with it. How does the defacto standard bearer of TB fuck up so bad that they don't include it on the machine it would be most relevant to of all the products in their lineup, since its precisely the professional segment that has any use for it right now based on extremely limited product offerings and consumer-market-unfriendly pricing?

By all metrics Thunderbolt was dead on arrival. And if it does ever manage to stand up and get its bearings with more activity and investment by third parties then don't expect anything cost effective for the consumer market til 2014/2015.

Last edited:
At first I thought that I was just torturing myself clicking on another Microcenter thread; but now I've come to learn there's a MC in Santa Clara, CA! Sweet! Not sure how I've managed to forget about them (recognized their logo soon as I saw it), but now that I've "re-discovered" them I will be paying a LOT more attention in the future. :D

The deal also seems to work for H77 boards as well, but YMMV. On 2 separate occasions now I've paired the i5-3570k with the ASRock H77M-ITX and received the discount at the register.

Yeah I agree. I was actually going to compliment the OP for clearly stating MC in the title. You can pretty much figure that if it's a MC deal in the Hotdeals section, that it's in store. I don't ever remember an MC deal that was Hot that wasn't in store. See what I did there?

That's not true. MC has quite a few deals that extend to both B&M and their online webpage.

BUT, all CPU and motherboard deals are almost always in-store only.

No, I am not joking..the issues you have with the VA store have exactly what to do with the issues I mentioned with the MD store? I am not being an ahole, but I am trying to understand your exact issue...Is the VA store smaller? Yes, I would agree..However, I have found that every time I have needed to get something from the DIY department (why the hell else would I shop there, since everything else is higher then Amazon etc), the VA store has had more in-stock, and is generally less chaotic...The key thing mentioned in your post is "Unless something was out of stock in the Rockville location."

Agreed - I'm the same distance from both Rockville and Fairfax, and live in Maryland; however, I go to Fairfax most of the time due to better inventories in DIY department (I actually do check the inventories via the Web before making the trip).

Rockville is better in terms of closeouts than Fairfax, though.

True - the Rockville MC used to be a CompUSA; in fact, the very first CompUSA I went to was that particular one. (Contrariwise, the same is not true in Fairfax; the Fairfax CompUSA was on West Ox Road between Fair Oaks and Fair Lakes - while the Fairfax MC is east of the City of Fairfax - but west of rapidly-growing Merrifield.)

i got my 3570k, Asus P8Z77-V LK, and 16 gig of MC branded ddr2 1333 (oc'd to 1600 easily) for $373 out the door a few weeks ago and I have a $10 rebate coming.

Can't beat MC deals.. I have not bothered with Fry's for at 2 years now.

i got my 3570k, Asus P8Z77-V LK, and 16 gig of MC branded ddr2 1333 (oc'd to 1600 easily) for $373 out the door a few weeks ago and I have a $10 rebate coming.

DDR2?

At first I thought that I was just torturing myself clicking on another Microcenter thread; but now I've come to learn there's a MC in Santa Clara, CA! Sweet! Not sure how I've managed to forget about them (recognized their logo soon as I saw it), but now that I've "re-discovered" them I will be paying a LOT more attention in the future. :D

sadly...not anymore (well..they are looking for another place in Santa Clara though).

anyways...if you are a member of their rewards program, u can also get a 5% off a single item on your next purchase coupon and for me...usually the MC cpu+mobo+coupon combo comes out to be less than anywhere else online (except for "shady" auctions).

I just hope they reopen the Santa Clara on soon.

I would have paid a little bit more for the Samsung DDR3.

At first I thought that I was just torturing myself clicking on another Microcenter thread; but now I've come to learn there's a MC in Santa Clara, CA! Sweet!

Dear Valued Micro Center Customer -

The staff of Santa Clara Micro Center and our entire company appreciates having you as a Customer, and we sincerely thank you for your ongoing business. It is therefore very difficult to let you know that our Santa Clara store is closing on Monday, July 23rd. Needless to say, we are very disappointed with unsuccessful attempts to negotiate an economically viable extension of our store lease, and we deeply regret not being able to fully serve you going forward.

:mad:

Back