Micro Center: i5 3570K $189.99 + $50 off select Z77 mobos

ArbY

Limp Gawd
Catalog: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ad47b62b#/ad47b62b/2
(Page 2)

In case that link doesn't work right for you, here's the page with the catalog link on it:
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/index.html

8oNrX.png

Can the mods please make a special section for all Microcenter instore only specials and not include these threads in the new post feature. The constant daily e-cock teases are seriously starting to take a toll on my mental well being. I love you [H] but why must you continously torture the rest of us not fortunate enough to live near a Microcenter on a near daily basis.
I'm actually half joking, but it does suck for the rest (majority) of us to be constantly reminded of these unattainable deals :(

How about you just DON'T open a thread that has Microcenter on title?

Or OP could add B&M to title, so you would know BEFORE opening?

Yeah I agree. I was actually going to compliment the OP for clearly stating MC in the title. You can pretty much figure that if it's a MC deal in the Hotdeals section, that it's in store. I don't ever remember an MC deal that was Hot that wasn't in store. See what I did there?

Well it's hard to miss when the prices are blatantly posted in the title :p

Like I said I'm just letting off some frustrated steam, [H] is all about helping one another find the best deals and make educated decisions, post away. But Microcenter if your listening, please open a store in South Florida, contrary to popular belief we'r not all a bunch of face eating neanderthals down here, we need you!

Well some of us don't have Frys either but they don't get their own therad lol...

The deals for the CPU+ 50 off is in the may Specials...

Any one know if its still valid in June?

Also which is the best Mobo to get?

Can someone buy a cpu + mobo combo and ship it to me? Of course I'd pay a premium over your cost and shipping.

^ that seems kind of silly. after you factor in tax + shipping you wont be saving much at all.

Can the mods please make a special section for all Microcenter instore only specials and not include these threads in the new post feature. The constant daily e-cock teases are seriously starting to take a toll on my mental well being. I love you [H] but why must you continously torture the rest of us not fortunate enough to live near a Microcenter on a near daily basis.
I'm actually half joking, but it does suck for the rest (majority) of us to be constantly reminded of these unattainable deals :(

TRUTH!!!

And Fry's has gone down the pooper as of late, ever since they started "*pricematching online competitors"

*if by competitors you mean a few select online retailers with shit tons of stipulations.

I'd be real tempted to take my first trek out to one, if a mobo suited my fancy. Like an ASUS ATX. You guys want to talk about tempting, they send me flyers and that is pretty far for that! I don't remember when I gave them my info, but I got all excited thinking they were opening one closer. :(

The deals for the CPU+ 50 off is in the may Specials...

Any one know if its still valid in June?

Also which is the best Mobo to get?

I don't know how long the prices are valid for, but the sales guy told me "we always have the lowest prices on CPUs". I found my RAM and an Asus TF300 32gb tablet for the cheapest prices there too. I was really impressed with their in-store prices.

I liked the MSI Z77A-GD65, but they don't stock it. I ended up going with my second choice of Gigabyte after reading every review I could find. I'm really happy with the Z77X-UD3H and it's $299.98 + tax with the i5 3570K processor. If you wanted a few additional bells & whistles, Gigabyte's UD5H is nice for about $20 more. If I remember right, for about $400 you can get the i5 with an Asus Sabertooth Z77 board.

...if you do end up going with the Gigabyte UD3H, make sure to update the BIOS ASAP though. I also needed to use a PS/2 keyboard to install Windows 7 since the USB ports weren't recognized by Windows until the drivers were installed.

Can someone buy a cpu + mobo combo and ship it to me? Of course I'd pay a premium over your cost and shipping.

They limit 1 CPU per person at that price. They actually checked my ID and all when I went to go pick it up, even though I didn't pay until I got to the store.

Like others have said...you wouldn't end up saving that much if you went that route. My combo was $323.24 with tax. The same i5 3570K + Gigabyte Z77-UD3H combo is at Newegg for $367.85 with shipping with a Promotional Gift card of $15. ...so a $30 difference isn't that big of a deal and it'd cost close to that in shipping anyways.

I picked up the i3570/UD3H combo with some Corsair 1600 RAM at MC a last week. Couldnt be happier. Already mailed in to Corsair for the $15 rebate on the RAM. Boy RAM is cheap now. :)

And yes, flash the BIOS ASAP, and for Win7 64 bit you need to get the latest Gigabyte ET6 driver.

I jumped on the GA-Z77X-UD5H and i5 3570K, it's so nice to be getting over 500 mbps speeds on my Crucial M4 finally (boo for cruddy Marvell chips under performing on my X58 board)! This chip at stock nearly performs at the same level as my i7-950 at 4 Ghz overclock...once I get better ram, I'll see how far it can go.

I was able to get the manager of the Rockville store to give me the $50 discount with buying a 3770K in place of the 3570K..Was out the door with an AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 for $402 including tax..I love MC, but I have to say the Rockville, MD is the most disorganized place I have ever entered...They had 4 different gpus listed for close to NE prices, but not 1 in stock according to 1 salesman, 2 in stock according to salesman 2, and none in stock according to the last guy..After spending nearly 2 hrs in there trying to hunt down items and standing in the damn Web Pickup line, I was certainly ready to get in the car:mad:..

PS, if anyone is interested in trying to get the 3770K in place of the 3570K, I will be happy to email you a copy of my sales ticket.

June catalogue is up -

3570k is 189 and offering 50 off select mobos including the saberthooth z77 for 189 with cpu purchase!

If you're overclocking, the asus z77 sabertooth is a solid deal at 189 (after combo discount).

If you're overclocking, the asus z77 sabertooth is a solid deal at 189 (after combo discount).
I was looking yesterday, and the Sabertooth Z77, Maximus V Gene, and P8Z77-V, all have the same number of VRM phases. So, if that was to be a limiting factor in overclocking, any of those boards should perform similarly.

I was looking yesterday, and the Sabertooth Z77, Maximus V Gene, and P8Z77-V, all have the same number of VRM phases. So, if that was to be a limiting factor in overclocking, any of those boards should perform similarly.

That's true, I personally got the Maximus V Gene. However, at my Microcenter they only have the sabertooth z77 in stock with only 5 left. Don't believe they even sell the Gene V.

I agree this one got me too ... just hoping. :mad: I normally avoid them.:D

I wonder when Micro Center will get in Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 full size, not micro ATX

I got my eye on that...$50 would be sweet

just got a 3570K and a asus Pro z77 board... Worth the 30 min trip to my local MC

This deal has been going on since Ivy launched.

I had the Sabertooth, and took it back for the UD5H. The UD5H is leaps and bounds better and $50 cheaper.

ASUS loosened all the sub timings to make higher memory speed easier. But the Gigabyte is so much more efficient, it took 27 seconds off my Spi 32m run clock for clock, except the memory was actually at a lower speed. The AIDA64 bandwidth is also ~5000 higher across the board on the Gigabyte.

If you know how to work every single third timing/setting, then you can make the ASUS boards fast too, but if you dont, it takes literally 100 hours or more trying to tweak each one, one point at a time.

ASUS is marketing things like Intel LAN, digital VRMs for iGPU and memory instead of just the CPU. Gigabyte has all that too, but doesnt really market it like ASUS does.

Also, with load line clibration on Turbo, the voltage is spot on measured with a DMM. With the ASUS, none of the LLC levels worked as well as they did with their Z68 boards.

BIOS F8C/F8D work fine with my Corsair K90.

Thinking about picking up on this deal to replace my old Q6600. Which mobo would be the better purchase?

Thanks!

I had the Sabertooth, and took it back for the UD5H. The UD5H is leaps and bounds better and $50 cheaper.

BIOS F8C/F8D work fine with my Corsair K90.

Their tablet prices average about $50 cheaper than anywhere else online too.

I had the same experience. The price is way better for Gigabyte's boards and I found that the Atheros NIC actually outperformed the Marvell on my previous Asus P6T Deluxe board. Drivers are even kept up-to-date on Gigabyte's site. By the way, Gigabyte just posted the non-beta version of the UD3H and UD5H BIOSes yesterday.

Thinking about picking up on this deal to replace my old Q6600. Which mobo would be the better purchase?

Thanks!

It really depends on the features that you need. From all of the reviews that I've read, a lot of the Z77 boards perform very similarly. Personally, I really liked what Gigabyte had and their price so that's who I went with.

Coming from Q6600, I'd just warn you that the UEFI BIOS acts a lot different than what you're used to and you might experience a few growing pains. For example, if I didn't have a spare PS/2 keyboard, I wouldn't have been able to install Windows on the UD3H I bought. I'd also recommend some good DDR3 that runs at 1.5v too. (I had great luck with Crucial's Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 and it only cost $39.99 for 8gb.) Pay attention to compatible RAM because there have been a lot of people complaining about their boards having issues with certain RAM. Manufacturers have a recommended list on their sites. Once installed, everything is smooth though.

It really depends on the features that you need. From all of the reviews that I've read, a lot of the Z77 boards perform very similarly. Personally, I really liked what Gigabyte had and their price so that's who I went with.

Coming from Q6600, I'd just warn you that the UEFI BIOS acts a lot different than what you're used to and you might experience a few growing pains. For example, if I didn't have a spare PS/2 keyboard, I wouldn't have been able to install Windows on the UD3H I bought. I'd also recommend some good DDR3 that runs at 1.5v too. (I had great luck with Crucial's Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 and it only cost $39.99 for 8gb.) Pay attention to compatible RAM because there have been a lot of people complaining about their boards having issues with certain RAM. Manufacturers have a recommended list on their sites. Once installed, everything is smooth though.

Thanks man! I believe my Filco has an adapter to use PS/2.

I was thinking about the asrock extreme4 with crucial ballistix...but I've never used either brands before. Partial to G.Skill but microcenter doesn't carry it.

its a nice price but i'm just bummed that neither microcenter nor frys seems to stock any itx boards :(

Thanks man! I believe my Filco has an adapter to use PS/2.

I was thinking about the asrock extreme4 with crucial ballistix...but I've never used either brands before. Partial to G.Skill but microcenter doesn't carry it.

No problem!

I had a Gigabyte board with Crucial RAM for my E6600 rig, so I didn't hesitate to buy either brands.

I was actually thinking about the ASrock Extreme4 too. ASrock is a lower-priced division of Asus. Check out the Gigabyte UD3H also since it's in the same price range. Between the two, you can't go wrong.

The only reason the Gigabyte UD3H needs a PS/2 keyboard for the Windows install is because it only has USB3 ports. After the install, it's not a problem and your keyboard and mouse run fine off of USB. A board with USB2 ports might not have this issue.

Crucial is actually a part of Micron and they're a huge maker of RAM. ...they're also an American company based in Idaho. Their warranty service is great and their new lineup is definitely solid. The "Ballistix Sport" I mentioned does 1600 at 1.5v and Microcenter had it on sale for $39.99 (on sale now at Newegg for $42.99 w/ shipping). Corsair's 1600 8gb RAM was $39.99 after a mail-in rebate, plus it needed 1.65 volts. (Definitely verify the required voltage for the speed they're advertising because I noticed a lot of the lower priced ones need 1.65v!) The Ballistix Sport line just skimped on the heatspreaders, but I don't see an issue unless there's no airflow in the case you're planning to build your setup in.

I'd just say to pick a board and then find a review or two mentioning your board with the RAM you pick. I read a lot of complaints about RAM not booting with certain boards or not getting recognized for whatever reason. ...this could also just be user error though.

Last edited:
No problem!

I had a Gigabyte board with Crucial RAM for my E6600 rig, so I didn't hesitate to buy either brands.

I was actually thinking about the ASrock Extreme4 too. ASrock is a lower-priced division of Asus. Check out the Gigabyte UD3H also since it's in the same price range. Between the two, you can't go wrong.

The only reason the Gigabyte UD3H needs a PS/2 keyboard for the Windows install is because it only has USB3 ports. After the install, it's not a problem and your keyboard and mouse run fine off of USB. A board with USB2 ports might not have this issue.

Crucial is actually a part of Micron and they're a huge maker of RAM. ...they're also an American company based in Idaho. Their warranty service is great and their new lineup is definitely solid. The "Ballistix Sport" I mentioned does 1600 at 1.5v and Microcenter had it on sale for $39.99 (on sale now at Newegg for $42.99 w/ shipping). Corsair's 1600 8gb RAM was $39.99 after a mail-in rebate, plus it needed 1.65 volts. (Definitely verify the required voltage for the speed they're advertising because I noticed a lot of the lower priced ones need 1.65v!) The Ballistix Sport line just skimped on the heatspreaders, but I don't see an issue unless there's no airflow in the case you're planning to build your setup in.

I'd just say to pick a board and then find a review or two mentioning your board with the RAM you pick. I read a lot of complaints about RAM not booting with certain boards or not getting recognized for whatever reason. ...this could also just be user error though.

Awesome man. Well Microcenter ended up being out of the Asrock, so the decision was Gigabyte vs Asus. Since I had the Gigabyte in the past, ended up trying out the Asus P8Z77-V Pro. Yeah the bios is quite interesting.

I also ended up picking the Crucial ram:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0385182

Haven't tried oc'ing anything yet...but hopefully 4.5ghz!!

Thank you for the heads up Arby. I finally made my way to the nearest MC (a 2 hour drive :-/) and picked up a new 3570k and an ASRock Z77 Pro4-M. So far so good. Tomorrow I will mess around with this Lucid MVP thing as well as see how far I can OC with my new goodies.

its a nice price but i'm just bummed that neither microcenter nor frys seems to stock any itx boards :(

Completely depends on your local MicroCenter. The one I shop, Cambridge/Boston, has a pair of AsRock socket 1155 ITX boards in stock, the H77M and the Z77E. I've shopped a few other MC's, such as the two in Atlanta, the one in Fairfax, VA, and the one in Rockville, MD, and the product selection has varied widely between all the stores.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

Completely depends on your local MicroCenter. The one I shop, Cambridge/Boston, has a pair of AsRock socket 1155 ITX boards in stock, the H77M and the Z77E. I've shopped a few other MC's, such as the two in Atlanta, the one in Fairfax, VA, and the one in Rockville, MD, and the product selection has varied widely between all the stores.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

Agreed..The Rockville Store never seems to have ANY ITX boards...In fact, despite having a nearly new CoolerMaster HAF 932, I thought about getting a MATX board since you can still run at least 2 GPUs, but they only had 1 model MATX in stock, and only 2 of that model..The Fairfax VA store is much cleaner, better organized, and generally seems to have more of a selection.

Agreed..The Rockville Store never seems to have ANY ITX boards...In fact, despite having a nearly new CoolerMaster HAF 932, I thought about getting a MATX board since you can still run at least 2 GPUs, but they only had 1 model MATX in stock, and only 2 of that model..The Fairfax VA store is much cleaner, better organized, and generally seems to have more of a selection.

Are you being serious? I've been to both, but the VA store is more of a mini-me version of MC. The store itself is much older, far smaller and reminds me too much of CompUSA tbh.
(The irony is the Rockville location took over an old CompUSA location, but largely improved on the layout)

Unless something was out of stock in the Rockville location, I would never go down to the VA location, except if I was there visiting friends.

I wish there was one closer to me. Traveling 150 miles round trip just isn't worth it to save 20 bucks.

Code:
                       Newegg  Micro Center
                     --------  ------------
Intel i5-3750K        $229.99       $189.99
ASUS P8Z77-V          $189.99       $189.99
Bundle Discount       -$25.00       -$50.00
Shipping                $4.99         $0.00
Tax (7.62%)             $0.00        $25.14
Gas                     $0.00        $24.54
                     --------      --------
Total                 $399.97       $379.66

wondering if its worth upgrading from an i5-750 @ 4ghz. just for gaming...

Just for gaming, no. Unless you plan to take advantage of Virtue MVP, which really only works with single card, and only some games.

Are you being serious? I've been to both, but the VA store is more of a mini-me version of MC. The store itself is much older, far smaller and reminds me too much of CompUSA tbh.
(The irony is the Rockville location took over an old CompUSA location, but largely improved on the layout)

Unless something was out of stock in the Rockville location, I would never go down to the VA location, except if I was there visiting friends.

No, I am not joking..the issues you have with the VA store have exactly what to do with the issues I mentioned with the MD store? I am not being an ahole, but I am trying to understand your exact issue...Is the VA store smaller? Yes, I would agree..However, I have found that every time I have needed to get something from the DIY department (why the hell else would I shop there, since everything else is higher then Amazon etc), the VA store has had more in-stock, and is generally less chaotic...The key thing mentioned in your post is "Unless something was out of stock in the Rockville location."

Just picked up a 3570K and a Sabertooth board for $328!

I originally bought the UD5 but was reading some iffy reviews on it so I took the drive back and exchanged it for the sabertooth. Im not sure what the customer service rep did but after I walked out and looked at my receipt it showed that I had a total savings of $100 on the sabertooth. score!

Back