MICRO CENTER 7600K & ASUS PRIME Z270-P LGA 1151 ATX for $304.98 (In Store Only Limit of 1 Combo)

This is normal pricing for MC. This pricing is also in store only, which you might want to mention in the title, however pretty much everyone knows about MC, it is why everyone wants one close, but few do.

Side note, it is almost always cheaper to buy just the mobo/CPU combo and everything else at other stores/online, they use mobos and CPUs as loss leaders to get people in the door. That being said, they do have good deals from time to time on other parts, so it never hurts to look. Give it a bit more time and they will have "extra special" sales where the 7700k is $250.

This is normal pricing for MC. This pricing is also in store only, which you might want to mention in the title, however pretty much everyone knows about MC, it is why everyone wants one close, but few do.

Side note, it is almost always cheaper to buy just the mobo/CPU combo and everything else at other stores/online, they use mobos and CPUs as loss leaders to get people in the door. That being said, they do have good deals from time to time on other parts, so it never hurts to look. Give it a bit more time and they will have "extra special" sales where the 7700k is $250.

They often had RAM and SSD discounts that were very good when purchased with a CPU/motherboard combo at the one that I used to live near. The RAM ended up being $5 less than Newegg and the SSD $10 more, but the overall savings on the CPU/motherboard combo along with the convenience of one-stop shopping was well worth it.

I snagged even bigger discounts on a few open box motherboards in combination with CPUs there as well, but the last time that I went while visiting family in the area they would offer either the combo discount or the open box price, so your mileage may vary.

They often had RAM and SSD discounts that were very good when purchased with a CPU/motherboard combo at the one that I used to live near. The RAM ended up being $5 less than Newegg and the SSD $10 more, but the overall savings on the CPU/motherboard combo along with the convenience of one-stop shopping was well worth it.

I snagged even bigger discounts on a few open box motherboards in combination with CPUs there as well, but the last time that I went while visiting family in the area they would offer either the combo discount or the open box price, so your mileage may vary.

Make sure you check your location, as of late they do not do more than one combo at my location, you can pick a CPU/mobo or CPU/RAM or CPU/SSD deal, but can't do all of them together. But like I said, they do have sales on other parts that are worth looking for, but in most cases you will find it online cheaper, my last build I got RAM for the same price as NE.

Mine will price match amazon prime atleaat.. just gota get the sales person to ask the manager.

I have to drive an hour to micro center but that costs about $5 with the combo price and even paying sales tax I can get around $50 off Newegg and Amazon most times on the right combo. Yes everyone is not close to Micro Center but the same can be said for Frys and I remember years ago they were all over the best price threads so I don't think that is a valid reason to ignore it.

Last edited:
I just replaced my Asus Sabertooth 990FX and FX-8150 with the Kaby Lake i5-7600k and a ASRock Z720 K4 Gaming board. Was a very noticeable upgrade to me only wish I had waited another month prices of stuff I got already coming down some.

Back