Micro Center 11/11 sale!

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I just found out that Micro Center is going to have a pre Black Friday sale starting this Monday. Two of the notables:

Ryzen 3600X - $199 (was this price a few weeks ago)

Ryzen 2700X - $129! That's not a typo. You still get the $30 off motherboard combo with these prices.

I was going to buy a 3600 for my new Oculus Rift S/100 hz 1440p monitor build and get the Gammaxx 400 tower cooler for it, for $20 off Amazon. It's a little better than a Hyper 212. That would put me at $210. For $80 less, I can get the 2700X and use the included Wraith Prism cooler. This will be used with my existing 1080 Ti. I figure overclocked, it should handle my gaming just fine (currently using a 1600), and as it ages and they utilize more cores in games, the 8 cores will come in handy. Thoughts?

I need micro center to have a sale on the 3970x or the 3990wx (Whenever those come out) because those motherboards are going to be $900+

Jeez and here I thought I got a steal getting a used 2700x for $125 shipped... closet MC to me is 4hr away... but I’m sure there is members here that when they go wouldn’t mind grabbing a cpu / mb for someone if they needed it

I just found out that Micro Center is going to have a pre Black Friday sale starting this Monday. Two of the notables:

Ryzen 3600X - $199 (was this price a few weeks ago)

Ryzen 2700X - $129! That's not a typo. You still get the $30 off motherboard combo with these prices.

I was going to buy a 3600 for my new Oculus Rift S/100 hz 1440p monitor build and get the Gammaxx 400 tower cooler for it, for $20 off Amazon. It's a little better than a Hyper 212. That would put me at $210. For $80 less, I can get the 2700X and use the included Wraith Prism cooler. This will be used with my existing 1080 Ti. I figure overclocked, it should handle my gaming just fine (currently using a 1600), and as it ages and they utilize more cores in games, the 8 cores will come in handy. Thoughts?

balls i just bought a 2700x at 159.99!

I really wish my old motherboard has lasted a couple months longer. I hit up Microcenter for CPU/motherboard/RAM since there was no way to decently replace a socket 775 motherboard and went with the 2600x as I had to keep the price down. I would have loved to have gotten the 2700x for the same price as I paid for the 2600x. Hell, I think a couple weeks or so ago it was down to $149 or around there and I would have easily ponied up the extra $20 for two more cores and four more threads.

I just bought a 3600 from Newegg for $175 before tax. Kinda wish I waited for this but from my understanding the x doesn't make much of a difference.

I remember one additional item they were having on sale. I believe it was the Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe for $129 or $139. Usually sells for $169.

This came from an indirect source so take it as it is. I still haven't seen an ad mentioned or anything. I was told MC would be sending this information out before the sale, but I haven't seen anything.

I hit up Microcenter for CPU/motherboard/RAM since there was no way to decently replace a socket 775 motherboard and went with the 2600x as I had to keep the price down.
If you search for "775" or 'core' you'll find a lot of old mb's and combos here. (y)

Damn, too bad there's no Microcenter anywhere near me. The 2700x w/a $30 mobo would be nice for an HTPC server.

Staying 1 gen behind saved you a small fortune ;)

Still on a couple of 4790k rigs... waiting it out.. at these prices, stuff will be near free for the patient (if you do not really need it now). I do see myself going to a Ryzen 3 as my next upgrade.. but honestly, for all what I am doing these days.. my 4790k rigs are just fine.

I see the 3700X at $299, but no change on the 3600X (still $219) as noted in the OP. :meh:

If anyone buys a 2700x and wants to sell their Outer Worlds epic key for $20, PM me

At this price I am almost tempted to buy another one to replace 1700 in my plex server.... but I don't really need it for a 10-15% handbrake boost. Plus I probably couldn't get more than $50 back for a used 1700 anyway.

I'm so tempted to upgrade my linux gaming box that has a 4770k. Mc is 45 min from me normally, but we have -6" snow incoming so that could make it 1.5-2 hrs ea. way....can't spend that time. 4770k lives on....for now.

Select in-store pickup, and they'll hold it for you, for a few days.
I may try this but am going out of town for work. I may not be back in time to pick it up :(

Also: The board I want X470-Pro doesn't let me add to cart online :(

I have never, in my life, seen "Price Request" on the MC website before. That's very odd. The ASUS Tuf X570, regarded as the best under $200 X570, is on sale for $179 as a part of this sale. This morning, I was able to see the price at $179 and add it to my cart. Now, it's showing at $199 and "Price Request" option. I did it, and it e-mailed me the $179 price. Now, the 2700X that's on sale is showing up at $129 online and you're able to add it to your cart. Very weird.

I have never, in my life, seen "Price Request" on the MC website before. That's very odd. The ASUS Tuf X570, regarded as the best under $200 X570, is on sale for $179 as a part of this sale. This morning, I was able to see the price at $179 and add it to my cart. Now, it's showing at $199 and "Price Request" option. I did it, and it e-mailed me the $179 price. Now, the 2700X that's on sale is showing up at $129 online and you're able to add it to your cart. Very weird.

I've seen it, but you're right it's not very common. They do it to prevent price matching I'm sure.

Its hard to not upgrade my 2200G HTPC to a 2700X just because. I have a GT1030 laying around so I don't need the APU

Back