Micro ATX cooling

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello everyone,

Im needing to put together a rig using this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163206

We are wanting to use possibly liquid cooling on the CPU and the video card but are not really able to find many options that will fit within this case. Most everything requires the use of a 120mm fan socket which this case does not have. Form factor of this case or something really close is an absolute must.

Do you know of any liquid cooling systems that will work?

The video card to be used is a 660 ti nvidia and the cpu is a i7-3930k Sandy Bridge 6 core

Been done with a similar chassis, the SG-01. The modder has a worklog titled M3- SFF in the Case & Case Modding - Worklogs section of the forums. Should help give you some ideas seeing how to attempt a layout and such. There is also a video of the rig in action under Newegg TV's Youtube channel. Although I would compare the SG-02 to the Fractal Design Arc Mini and see if the latter fits your needs better.

Here is an all-in-one kit from Asetek (they are the OEM for some Corsair and Antec units I believe). Not sure if you can make that fit since it is a thick 120mm radiator, but it is probably cheaper than a custom loop. Otherwise they have a 92mm radiator. I really don't think an 80mm radiator will be any better than a low profile solution.

the 80mm radiators actually do a real good job at cooling. I am currently using a dual 80mm radiator and a single 80mm radiator. There has a been a few builds using them here on [H]ardForum. About the only complaint I have about the 80mm fan radiators is the fan selection out there.

Back