Mick Gordon - My full statement regarding DOOM Eternal

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Composer Mick Gordon brings the receipts to call out Marty Stratton as a liar. The delay in his statement is due to trying fruitlessly to reach an amicable settlement to the dispute over his work on DOOM Eternal. He can no longer stay silent as his reputation among fans and clients has been ruined by Marty's lies. Felt this warranted a thread separate from the game.

Well, I was taking a few days off from posting here due to a BS warning I got that had pretty much zero basis. However, I had to log on to say "WOW!". Totally believe Mick here. Always thought Marty was kind of... (will leave that blank, don't want another warning)

Still love id Software, but they could probably use new leadership, and a new team to interface with their important contractors.

He didn't even need to go into that much detail honestly. It was apparent after just a few paragraphs that he was in the right here. I know from personal experience, and direct industry experience how these creativity based transactions can go south quickly based on unrealistic expectations, contract loopholes, etc.

Pretty ridiculous.

Well, I was taking a few days off from posting here due to a BS warning I got that had pretty much zero basis. However, I had to log on to say "WOW!". Totally believe Mick here. Always thought Marty was kind of... (will leave that blank, don't want another warning)

You can cuss like a fucking sailor out here, just not in the soapbox.

This is being discussed on front page news as well: https://hardforum.com/threads/mick-...ues-statement-regarding-doom-eternal.2023193/

Well, I was taking a few days off from posting here due to a BS warning I got that had pretty much zero basis.
Since you feel unfairly treated, feel free to explain what exactly happened please.

Since you feel unfairly treated, feel free to explain what exactly happened please.
Oh .. I looked it up for you, J3RK . You went off on a political rant in a gaming thread. I would suggest you read the rules again instead of whining about breaking the rules and getting called on it, then dragging it out in public like you are a victim.

We work hard here too keep things on track and have a solid community. If you feel like you did not want to follow our rules, I can immediately and permanently delete your account. Just PM with the request, I will handle it immediately.

Composer Mick Gordon brings the receipts to call out Marty Stratton as a liar. The delay in his statement is due to trying fruitlessly to reach an amicable settlement to the dispute over his work on DOOM Eternal. He can no longer stay silent as his reputation among fans and clients has been ruined by Marty's lies. Felt this warranted a thread separate from the game.

Darn, I was thinking of getting this game. Now I think that I will wait until there is a resolution to this as the concerns here sound pretty legit. Honestly, there is way too much of this sort of stuff happening in the industry lately, I think consumers really need to come together and use the power of the boycott to emphasize our expectations to corporations of how we want employees/contractors to be treated. Hopefully Mick gets the rest of his payment soon, lots of other games for me to play in the meantime.

Bethesda responds to Mick Gordon's statement over the Doom Eternal OST

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1592971214817222656

1.png

Gotta learn when to STFU. This is one of those moments.

Mick: produces timelines, receipts, etc. Bethesda: No way.
You'd think they'd have a more amicable response, though I think they're more pissed about the negative reaction towards them. Mick did say to not be negative towards anyone, yet supposedly they're getting harassed - which what they put out will probably make things worse for themselves.
They shouldn't have put out a response unless they have the proof. What is the appropriate venue to them? Legal Court? Nah, they need to let the court of public opinion rule.

You'd think they'd have a more amicable response, though I think they're more pissed about the negative reaction towards them. Mick did say to not be negative towards anyone, yet supposedly they're getting harassed - which what they put out will probably make things worse for themselves.
Yeah, let's get into the fray and bring more attention to it. That was surely we will be left alone. Dolts...

"We stand ready with full and complete documented evidence to disclose in an appropriate venue as needed"

looks like they're getting ready for WAR!

I think if there was any merit to this statement they would likely be responding with a defamation lawsuit not a carefully worded "nuh-uh".
Not commenting on the back and forth, but defamation is notoriously hard and expensive to prove, even when you have a lot of evidence. That's probably the real reason they haven't filed somewhere.

Not commenting on the back and forth, but defamation is notoriously hard and expensive to prove, even when you have a lot of evidence. That's probably the real reason they haven't filed somewhere.
In general I agree with you but I think in this particular case it would likely fall under libel rather than slander and since he made several specific statements with enough venom to prove malice on their own I think all they'd really have to prove is that several of the more consequential statements of fact were wrong. My guess is that they have factual evidence that refutes one or two minor things but the main accusations are correct which is why they worded it so carefully(that 100% went through both the legal and PR depts, likely multiple times considering the delay).

Back