Mice, on good discounts: Redragon M720, Redragon M908, HyperX Pulsefire Raid - Canada and US

Delicieuxz

[H]ard|Gawd
I was just looking at gaming mice, hoping to find something to replace my Logitech G402 with, and I might have struck gold, finding a mouse that addresses what I dislike about the G402, and while also being on significant sale.

The G402's low profile and lack of support for the ring and little finger make it uncomfortable for me. The Redragon M720 addresses both of those things, being larger and with pronounced support for the ring and little finger, and while adding an extra programmable button, being weight-adjustable, and having a braided cord on top. It's also 30% off right now, making it $35 CAD. Can't wait to try it out.

There's also a dual rechargeable-wireless / wired version, the Redragon M686, but it isn't currently on sale. In the US, a 20 programmable-button version is also on sale for 30% off. And the HyperX Pulsefire Raid is on a good discount, so I've added it, here.

Canada:

Redragon M720 VAMPIRE RGB Gaming Mouse, 10,000 DPI Adjustable Wired Optical Gaming Mouse, Comfortable Grip Ergonomic with 8 Programmable Buttons
30% off / $35 CAD - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07WZC672W/

HyperX Pulsefire Raid – Gaming Mouse – 11 Programmable Buttons, RGB, Ergonomic Design, Comfortable Side Grips, Software-Controlled Customization
42% off / $49 CAD - https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Pulsefire-Raid-Ultra-Light-Programmable/dp/B0828NDB43/

US:

Redragon M908 Impact RGB LED MMO Mouse with Side Buttons Optical Wired Gaming Mouse with 12,400DPI, High Precision, 20 Programmable Mouse Buttons
30% off / $32.89 USD - https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Impact-Buttons-Precision-Programmable/dp/B07HC4NBQ8/ ---- I can't get the link to direct to the page with the sale, but if you search for the Redragon M908 on Amazon.com, you should find it.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Let us know, I am always iffy with brands I have never heard of...did you check out Glorious mice?

I was a logitech lover, with weight adjustable options, but once i got my Glorious, I love it, and I have larger hands.

I hadn't checked out Glorious. I have now. It could be a good option. I'm really into the ring and little finger rests on the Redragon. I've been wanting that ever since I got my first Logitech G402, probably many years ago now. I see some select Amazon reviews for the Redragon in which people complain the mouse wheel broke so that it only scrolls down. But those seem to be the exception, and I've also seen people say they've been using theirs for over a year without an issue. I hope mine will be one without any issue.

For the Redragon M720 in Canada, there's also an additional $4-off coupon that can be enabled on the store page, reducing the price to $31 CAD during checkout.

gonM720coupon.PNG.537ac4175e04b76dd504f8d58360a81b.png

I've used the Redragon M720 for a couple of days now, and it's been a good experience.

Here's my review of it, comparing it to my Logitech G402.

I think the M720 feels great. The general plastic is comparable to that of the main left and right buttons on my Logitech G402, but a bit nicer, being more matte and soft-like, and less just like hard plastic.

There are rubber pads at the sides, for the thumb and little finger, and they feel comfortable and seem to be effective at creating grip. The mouse easily stays in my hand when lifting, without clenching my finger grip, both with and without all of the weights in the mouse. The thumb mouse buttons provide a ridge that will give a thumb something to catch on - though, the rubber grip-pads seem to do the job even if I position my thumb lower so that it doesn't make contact with the buttons.

I've read a couple of Amazon reviews two suggest that this mouse is suited for bigger hands, but I disagree. I have hands that are around a CM below the reported average size in length, and I find nothing about this mouse to be too large. It's designed for a palm-style hold, and not a claw-style hold.

The mouse-wheel scrolls more easily and smoothly than the G402's, while being as accurate. And it doesn't have the issue that my G402's mouse-wheel does, where it often ignores a scroll increment, or flickers between a couple of them.

The M720's mouse-clicks are deeper-sounding and a bit louder than the G402's. When not clicking the G402's buttons gingerly, the G402's click seems to be a combination of the click sound, and also the sound of the button plastic hitting other plastic when pressed and released, creating a sloppy combination of sounds. The Redragon M720's click-noise is much more uniform, being just the click.

If I tap the Logitech G402's palm-rest with my fingernail, it produces a higher-pitched sound than when I do the same thing with the Redragon M720. And if I pick the G402 up and repeatedly tap it against my mouse-pad, I can hear individual parts colliding and it creates a rattle-like noise. There is far less of that with the Redragon M720, and none, if I'm taping it lightly.

The Redragon M720 overall feels and sounds a lot more solid than the Logitech G402.

Regarding the mouse software: in general, the Redragon software is more feature-rich than the Logitech G-Hub software I have. Though, I haven't updated my installation of G-Hub in a long time, and don't know if a newer version offers more customisation. With the Redragon software, there are additional setting parameters for scroll-sensitivity, mouse acceleration, double-click speed, which can all be configured with sliders, and there are more lighting options. But while the G-Hub software lets the G402's light "breathing" speed be adjusted with a slider, the Redragon software offers only Low, Medium, and High "breathing" speeds. And while the G-Hub software affords a unique mouse profile for each game, the Redragon software offers just 5 different profiles - which isn't an issue for me, because I only use one profile for all productivity and games.

If I could change something about the Redragon Vampire, I'd want the little finger rest to be a extended more, and maybe be marginally more concave. If I fully cup the mouse with my hand, my little finger can still end up touching the mousepad, which I really don't like and was a big reason I looked for something to replace the Logitech G402. But if my hand is a bit further back on the mouse, then the little finger rest has it covered.

My biggest concern about using the mouse is that, being a brand I'm unfamiliar with, something unexpected might come up down the road. For example, a small number of reviews for the mouse on Amazon say the mouse-wheel stopped scrolling up. Though, I also watched a review video in which the reviewer had used their mouse for a couple of years, and they said their was working fine.

As long as it's working as it is right now, I find the Redragon M720 to be a major improvement over the couple of G402s I used for the previous some years.

Last edited:
For people with Amazon Prime subscriptions, a bunch of Redragon mice are on sizable discounts for Prime Day.

On Amazon Canada, the Redragon M720 is on sale further, and costs just $28 CAD.
https://www.amazon.ca/Redragon-M720-Adjustable-Comfortable-Programmable/dp/B07WZC672W/

The wireless version, the M686, is also on sale for Prime Day, and cost $38.50 CAD.
https://www.amazon.ca/Redragon-M720-Adjustable-Comfortable-Programmable/dp/B0859TTQRN/

The 20-button M908 is also on sale, at $35 CAD (30% off).
https://www.amazon.ca/Redragon-M908-Precision-Programmable-Buttons/dp/B07FK9PKSM/

I'm using the M720 right now, and think it's a great mouse (so long as it keeps working like it is now). I've ordered one of the wireless M686, to see how it holds up in gaming.

From Amazon US, the wireless M686 is also on sale, for $34.40 USD:
https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-M686-Professional-Customizable-Backlight/dp/B0859TTQRN/

And the 20-button version, the M908, is on a huge discount, at $21.90 USD (53% off):
https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Impact-Buttons-Precision-Programmable/dp/B07HC4NBQ8/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back