MIC problems in CS & DoD

Bambi

I Cleaned My Room - And I am a Dude
I bought a new mic like 1 month ago and i thought it sucked cause it didnt work in either game during multiplayer. When i would talk it would cut in and out and i have tried everything possible like lifting the mic boost. I broke the mic thinking it was the problem and today i bought a new one and first tested it on my friends pc and it worked perfect online. I brought it home to play online with it and the same thing happened as the previous mic. Whats wrong with my sound card or whats the problem?

ummm check your rate. cml_rate, something like that. i had the same problem. it sounded like it would skip. i forget the commands to change it.

^

Thats the way it sounds. It sounds like it skips. What should the rate be set at.

are you using any other programs that use a mic like Teamspeak or something? I got that problem when I run ventrilo.

it has nothing to do with the quality of the mic, or sound card. it has to do with the rate at which information is sent between your computer and the server you are playing on.

cl_cmdrate 0-101
cl_updaterate 0-101
rate 0-25000

put those values as high to their maximum as possible without giving you lots of lag/choke while you play. should help your mic problems. also, some sound cards do give mic problems when you are using a 3rd party voice program (like ventrilo) and CS at the same time.

Originally posted by Jäger
it has nothing to do with the quality of the mic, or sound card. it has to do with the rate at which information is sent between your computer and the server you are playing on.

cl_cmdrate 0-101
cl_updaterate 0-101
rate 0-25000

put those values as high to their maximum as possible without giving you lots of lag/choke while you play. should help your mic problems. also, some sound cards do give mic problems when you are using a 3rd party voice program (like ventrilo) and CS at the same time.

Agreed.

Back