MGS4 TGS Gameplay Footage

The18thLetter

[H]ard|Gawd
Full TGS trailer in high-res glory can be seen here:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/movie/mgs4_tgs2k6.asx

Looks fantastic. As good as the cutscenes we've been watching over the past 2 years, definitely.
I was skeptical about the new camoflauge system because I simply didn't think it was plausible, but upon watching the final scene with it... it looks great. Granted, it does look kind of retarded in some situations, but hey.... what can you do? lol
I'm glad they found a way to bring the camoflauge system from Snake Eater into MGS4 (kinda).

Well, regardless, it's great to see young Snake again. :)

Woot!!!

Wow nice. Ive never been a big MGS fan, but this looks like something I will definitely pick up. Gameplay looks pretty forward thinking.

I hope this comes to 360 sooner rather than later.

MGS4 was the only reason that I was considering the PS3 and after the price announcement I went ahead and got a 360... but that video confirms that MGS4 will be a fantastic game.

Oh well, I'll be graduated before it comes out probably.

Looks good, but you know ... it doesn't stand up to what I expected. I'm a little let down. It looks slow, sluggish. But perhaps that whats Kojima was shooting for. :confused:

I sure hope the overblown HDR is a result of the cam vid....also the animations are a lot choppier than the video from awhile ago. The graphics are pretty good though but the animations and HDR kind of ruin it a bit.

I don't think this video serves as a demo of what to be expected from the game...

I say "wait for better videos.."

Yeah that video looked pretty bad IMO... compared to all that constant cutscene CGI they've been shoving down our throats for months, that looked pretty lackluster. I'll make up my mind when they show something more complete.

Erasmus354 said:
I sure hope the overblown HDR is a result of the cam vid....also the animations are a lot choppier than the video from awhile ago. The graphics are pretty good though but the animations and HDR kind of ruin it a bit.
Have you ever played any of the MGS's?
In all MGS games, the cutscenes had fluid animation and the like, but when the game was actually being played, the animation was a bit... "wonky", as I described it above.
That's why I said it's basically the standard MGS animations. :)

...my fundamental problem with your title is I've never heard somebody describe a cinema as "gameplay"...

And yeah, I know it'll look amazing, but I would like to actually see if they've changed any of the game mechanics.

finalgt said:
...my fundamental problem with your title is I've never heard somebody describe a cinema as "gameplay"...

And yeah, I know it'll look amazing, but I would like to actually see if they've changed any of the game mechanics.
When I originally posted the thread, it was thought to be actual gameplay footage from the floor... I.E. someone actually playing it (there was a YouTube link before this one).

Turns out it was just another trailer made up of gameplay and some cutscenes.

After watching that video i'm 98% sure that my first thoughts when we saw the game for the first time were correct: This is a re-telling of the origional Metal Gear from Big Boss's POV.

The King of Pants said:
After watching that video i'm 98% sure that my first thoughts when we saw the game for the first time were correct: This is a re-telling of the origional Metal Gear from Big Boss's POV.
Care to explain?
I don't seem to remember any warring factions or Metal Gears with organic legs in Metal Gear for the MSX. >.<

The King of Pants said:

You should play MGS3 since that was Big Boss... this one is Solid Snake mainly because of Otocon and all the other returning characters which were not around during Big Bosses Era.

LeviathanZERO said:
This game finishes the story from MGS2.

Hopefully the PS3 will have the inevitable bugs worked out and be dropped in price by the time this game comes out. No way I'd buy a system for a single game, but I *am* curious about how the story turns out. It sucked in MGS2 that the bad guys got away with *two* freaking Metal Gear Ray's that you never did destroy or recover.

Of course, it also sucked that you turned out to be on the WRONG side of the conflict, and that Solidus and friends were the *good guys*.

Jason

Back