Mexican Drug Cartel Rips Off Microsoft

YES we have PCs in Mexico, we have cars, we make cars you buy, we have software and hardware industries, hell even Intel is on Mexico.... we stopped being a country of people with sombreros and horses a LONG time ago, unless you are 50+ years old then your comment may make sense.

Oh darn, I liked that image of mexico, you shattered me dreams! (lol j/k)

This is why, when I find out people buy pirated DVDs or software, I tell them. "Seriously. Don't pay someone else to steal it for you. That money could end up in all sorts of crime rings, terrorist organizations, stuff like that. Don't do a half measure. Just steal it yourself or buy it legit."

+1.

I wish more people would realize that its cheap because its fake/copied.

Going back to the topic, it is true, i bet the other cartels do similar things, they are massive illegal corporations that have illegal business all over mexico and shit they even export! Living in Mexico, I am really not surprised about this new, illegal software, music and movies are sold everywhere in Mexico.

Going back to the topic, it is true, i bet the other cartels do similar things, they are massive illegal corporations that have illegal business all over mexico and shit they even export! Living in Mexico, I am really not surprised about this new, illegal software, music and movies are sold everywhere in Mexico.

Mexico, The new China!
(for those unfamiliar (likely 2 ppl on here) the streets are practically lined with vendors in china selling knockoffs/pirated versions of any and all products)

Can you imagine the technical support hot line?

"Hello, welcome to Drug Cartel of Mexico. If you need help with an overdose, go to America for medical help.
Press 1 for technical support with drugs.
Press 2 for help with Microsoft Office.
Press 0 for operator."
Press 1 for English

You do realize that the drug cartel/gangs in Mexico is becoming an increasingly huge problem right now, right?
It's a massive issue.

Yes, I read Guadalupe no longer has any police force, they kidnapped the last officer about a month or so ago and burned down her house.

We all know The Mexican government is corrupt right down to the Police, these are La Familia (The Family)fighting back.;)

The US is no different when it comes to corruption right down to the police. Rent the movie "Conviction'.

Microsoft has no power to do anything. If they looking in India and China, I'm sure they won't find a legitimate copy on store shelves, only 5 yen copies.

The US is no different when it comes to corruption right down to the police. Rent the movie "Conviction'.

Dont forget the Mafia... some of our big crime families are probably best buds with la familiar (hell some of them are probably related... >.< )

You do realize that the drug cartel/gangs in Mexico is becoming an increasingly huge problem right now, right?
It's a massive issue.

15,273 Dead in 2010 in Mexico from the drug war.

Of course they could be put out of business overnight with legalization.

You can't protect anything that can be put on a disk and copied

I hope they don't make it so disks go extinct :D

You can't protect anything that can be put on a disk and copied

I hope they don't make it so disks go extinct :D

Discounting HDDs, disks *are* extinct. ;)

Though if DisCs die out everyone will just move to flash drives/memory cards/external HDDs.

</asshat></grammar Nazi> :p

mexican cartel is untouchable..... as long as they stay in mexico.

poor folks down there can't afford our prices anyway.

just let them have it.

mexicans need microsoft word too.

They are untouchable in the U,S too my friend, news flash for you.

we have a tablet, a 100% mexican made

http://www.meebox.me/detalle.php?token=a87ff679a2f3e71d9181a67b7542122c

and at least we have our own cuisine, one of the best in the world, what do u have? mcdonalds? LMAO

lol, and how many places have you been in the world? Best cuisine in the world? Wow, pretty confident in your food.

Anyone will claim their homelands food is the best in the world, i would say Canada has the best cuisine, but that is purely my own opinion based on what food i like, and actually isnt true.

I have eaten allot of Mexican food, and there is really nothing special about it, beans, rice, shells, toss in some onion and peppers and a couple spices and there is the majority of Mexican food, same with Costa Rica, since allot of latin american food is about the same from the places i have been too, there are the odd things that taste dam good i will say, but the best food in the world...i wouldn't go that far. I would say instead .. 'Mexcio has the best enchiladas in the world' or something, but the best food,.. hardly my friend and to make a claim like that especially if you have never actually been around the entire world...

And to think that McDonalds is a U.S food shows your level of ignorance considering McD's is in every country in the world more or less and pending on the country has a specific menu, in Costa Rica you can get rice and beans as a breakfast dish at McD's, found that funny first time i saw it.

Yeah I believe movies too & Roger Moore & Jon Stewart is a news caster. Too many puffs for you. ;)

Then tell me why or how Cartels are getting all the guns from USA ???

They are untouchable in the U,S too my friend, news flash for you.

lol, and how many places have you been in the world? Best cuisine in the world? Wow, pretty confident in your food.

Anyone will claim their homelands food is the best in the world, i would say Canada has the best cuisine, but that is purely my own opinion based on what food i like, and actually isnt true.

I have eaten allot of Mexican food, and there is really nothing special about it, beans, rice, shells, toss in some onion and peppers and a couple spices and there is the majority of Mexican food, same with Costa Rica, since allot of latin american food is about the same from the places i have been too, there are the odd things that taste dam good i will say, but the best food in the world...i wouldn't go that far. I would say instead .. 'Mexcio has the best enchiladas in the world' or something, but the best food,.. hardly my friend and to make a claim like that especially if you have never actually been around the entire world...

And to think that McDonalds is a U.S food shows your level of ignorance considering McD's is in every country in the world more or less and pending on the country has a specific menu, in Costa Rica you can get rice and beans as a breakfast dish at McD's, found that funny first time i saw it.

Give it a read, this is why I say Mexican cuisine is in the top lists.
http://blog.hotelclub.com/top-10-international-cuisine/
http://trifter.com/practical-travel/world-cuisine/top-10-most-tasty-cuisines-in-the-world/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/sep/13/best-foods-in-the-world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_cuisine

Obviously the McDonalds things was a joke, but please tell me what is your regional food? I want to know.

At my 23 y/o I've been to USA -> Austin, LA, Orlando, Washington D.C., Phoenix, San Antonio. Mexico -> Monterrey, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta Cancun, San Luis Potosi, Ixtapa, Australia -> Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Sunshine and Gold Coast. Cuba ->La Habana, Varadero.

Mexican food is good. I'm not sure what it has to do with pirated software, but thank you for the tasty food!

As far as the weapons thing goes, most of those are illegal automatic weapons, which aren't available to the US public either. Those AK-47s, 74's and UZIs aren't ours. You can't honestly think that if guns were illegal in the US, the cartels wouldn't exist. Mexico is responsible for Mexico.

People who BUY pirated software are idiots. I agree with previous statements, I would rather people pirate it themselves than give violent cartels money.

good links, i think this about sums it up

while your favorite enchiladas, tacos,quesadillas and nachos are the country’s small part culinary repertoire.

Since it seems that any Mexican restaurant you go to, i assume outside of Mexico, this seems to be all they serve for the most part, seems your own people are not doing your country justice, or the wanna me Mexican restaurants run by foreigners.

But this is also an issue in Costa Rica, more than enough restaurants here just make the food, but dont really seem to care if it is actually good.

As for Canada, best Maple Syrup around :), and back bacon also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_cuisine

Your last link shows a few places in North America so it could be argued the U.S has some of the best food in the world ;)

National pride can be a positive thing, unless it feeds arrogance and disdain.
Just like Mexico, the USA is too big to have a single agreed upon cuisine. It can change even from state to state.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_cuisine

We have unique foods? I thought we just put a new spin on foreign dishes ;) :D

or the wanna me Mexican restaurants run by foreigners.

Not always, we have one in my town run by actual Mexicans and I'm told it really is authentic in every way (yes by people who HAVE eaten Mexican food in Mexico)

National pride can be a positive thing, unless it feeds arrogance and disdain.

Just like Mexico, the USA is too big to have a single agreed upon cuisine. It can change even from state to state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_cuisine

Canada is the same, you can get food from any place in the world in Canada, Toronto has so many types of food it is ridiculous (Greek town, China Town are huge on their own), there are so many variations now that they don't have any single well known cuisine any more that i know of, which is a good thing.

We have unique foods? I thought we just put a new spin on foreign dishes ;) :D

Considering most of us are descendants of eurotrash mutts, that has alot of truth! James Beard might dig his way out of his grave and snap your neck for saying that, though.

Mexican food is good. I'm not sure what it has to do with pirated software, but thank you for the tasty food!

As far as the weapons thing goes, most of those are illegal automatic weapons, which aren't available to the US public either. Those AK-47s, 74's and UZIs aren't ours. You can't honestly think that if guns were illegal in the US, the cartels wouldn't exist. Mexico is responsible for Mexico.

People who BUY pirated software are idiots. I agree with previous statements, I would rather people pirate it themselves than give violent cartels money.

No I'm just saying that the guns come from USA, leading to a corrupt policy/government in the USA. Corrupt government exists on every nation, because Men run them, men are easily corrupted, so any government is, it is just that there are levels of corruption an Mexico is far more corrupt that USA, I reckon that.

Is this type of weapon easily acquired by US citizens? 9mm Glock model 19 semi-automatic pistol with a 33-round magazine? That was the one that almost killed Gabrielle Giffords.

Considering most of us are descendants of eurotrash mutts, that has alot of truth! James Beard might dig his way out of his grave and snap your neck for saying that, though.

Cant argue with that. (Scottish/English/Irish and a few Germans-by-marriage, though also 1/8th Cherokee) but I thought Beard was famous for French quinine with an American twist...? *heads off to do more research*

No I'm just saying that the guns come from USA, leading to a corrupt policy/government in the USA. Corrupt government exists on every nation, because Men run them, men are easily corrupted, so any government is, it is just that there are levels of corruption an Mexico is far more corrupt that USA, I reckon that.

Is this type of weapon easily acquired by US citizens? 9mm Glock model 19 semi-automatic pistol with a 33-round magazine? That was the one that almost killed Gabrielle Giffords.

Most citizens can buy those, depending on state laws dealing with magazine size of semi automatic weapons.

The Giffords case was a single lunatic, who would have done what he did whether it was with explosives or guns or a frickin' crossbow. I don't see how that relates to the tens of thousands of Mexicans who are being terrorized and butchered by a large organization of violent criminals.

If there were 0 guns in the USA, the cartels would still have them. I think this is undisputable.

It is also not relevant to piracy of Microsoft products.

Cant argue with that. (Scottish/English/Irish and a few Germans-by-marriage, though also 1/8th Cherokee) but I thought Beard was famous for French quinine with an American twist...? *heads off to do more research*

He was earlier on, then he became famous for defining American gourmet food. There obviously will be European influence on American food. Just about every major culture in the world has influenced our food, because our country is full of people from all over it.

Most citizens can buy those, depending on state laws dealing with magazine size of semi automatic weapons.

The Giffords case was a single lunatic, who would have done what he did whether it was with explosives or guns or a frickin' crossbow. I don't see how that relates to the tens of thousands of Mexicans who are being terrorized and butchered by a large organization of violent criminals.

If there were 0 guns in the USA, the cartels would still have them. I think this is undisputable.

It is also not relevant to piracy of Microsoft products.

I dont really agree with you, 0 guns in USA will mean a drastic decline in guns for the cartel, at least for a while, until they find another provider. About 80% or more of the confiscated guns here in Mexico are from the USA.

Cartels are big organizations, that imo in order to remove them some power cutting them the supply of weapons will be a good strategy, and now the supplier is USA with no doubt.

Since 2004 when the ban to sell some types of guns ended in Bush administration we have gotten a lot more of violence here.

What I am trying to say is that the USA has a gun problem, students have died because of that, and know almost a senator.

Back to Microsoft, there is nothing they can do about it.

I dont really agree with you, 0 guns in USA will mean a drastic decline in guns for the cartel, at least for a while, until they find another provider. About 80% or more of the confiscated guns here in Mexico are from the USA.

Cartels are big organizations, that imo in order to remove them some power cutting them the supply of weapons will be a good strategy, and now the supplier is USA with no doubt.

Since 2004 when the ban to sell some types of guns ended in Bush administration we have gotten a lot more of violence here.

What I am trying to say is that the USA has a gun problem, students have died because of that, and know almost a senator.

Back to Microsoft, there is nothing they can do about it.

Your 80% is wrong, but ignoring that every one of those grenades that is confiscated from the cartels comes from your military and police, as do the automatic weapons the cartels use as those items are not available on the US market. Your correlation with 2004 is a false as those same weapons were available during the ban just without certain irrelevant features, you just don't know what you are talking about which is typical when it comes to the issue of gun control. Your government is a corrupt failed narcostate, stop blaming others for your problems, and start blaming and correcting your corrupt governmental structure or you are never going to see an end to it (hell your most violent cartels are corrupt soldiers and police).

Your 80% is wrong, but ignoring that every one of those grenades that is confiscated from the cartels comes from your military and police, as do the automatic weapons the cartels use as those items are not available on the US market. Your correlation with 2004 is a false as those same weapons were available during the ban just without certain irrelevant features, you just don't know what you are talking about which is typical when it comes to the issue of gun control. Your government is a corrupt failed narcostate, stop blaming others for your problems, and start blaming and correcting your corrupt governmental structure or you are never going to see an end to it (hell your most violent cartels are corrupt soldiers and police).

I am claiming that most of the guns comes from the USA (see the links below). Of course I blame my government, and the past politicians on power, I blame the border both sides, as they allow the arms traffic, I blame drug addicts too. Though there is little one can do, one simple student as I, what kind of change can I do in a short term?

Again, this is a problem that must concern the USA, look at this:

Parts of Arizona own by Cartels...
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37557

U.S. Is Arms Bazaar for Mexican Cartels
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html

34 in Arizona Charged With Running Guns to Mexican Cartel
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/26/34-in-arizona-charged-with-running-guns-to-mexican-cartel/

Mexico: U.S. Supplies 90% Of Cartel's Guns
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4937389-503544.html

and now sum up the Microsoft thing, I think this matter must concern USA government as well, both governments should work efficiently together to stop them.

On the other hand I think we are not going to convince each other about the problem, clearly my government is saying X and yours is saying Y, which obviously doesnt help them to work together.

And the claimed sampling data is flawed. The only guns that are tracked are guns they know they can get a trace on and are then submitted to the ATF for tracing, other weapons that they do not think they can get a trace on they do not attempt to track, weapons originating from other sources and countries are not traced, and weapons provided by your police and military are not included. The statistics are biased intentionally, and pervasively from the outset as the Mexican government only submits selected guns recovered from crime scenes that they know they can get a trace on and they do not submit every gun in the country making the data useless except for spreading your governments FUD. Your government even knows they are lieing about the statistics and does everything they can to keep avoiding the issue as you can see when confronted about it from your links:

Schieffer noted that the NRA has taken issue with the statistic, and asked the ambassador where the data originates &#8211; a question Sarukhan did not directly answer, although he used the example of a recent weapons seizure in a border town to explain how much ammunition U.S. sellers are directing to drug cartels.

The problem is your government, and your narco culture. What you can do about it is confront the real problems such as the corrupt political structure of your country, the narco culture that dominates your country and your popular culture's glorification of the narco culture and not sit around blaming other people to make yourself out as a victim as you are only a victim of your own making. Blaming other people rather than actually confronting and fixing your culture will only lead to the perpetuation of the victim mentality and the failure of your state.

Last edited:
And the claimed sampling data is flawed. The only guns that are tracked are guns they know they can get a trace on and are then submitted to the ATF for tracing, other weapons that they do not think they can get a trace on they do not attempt to track, weapons originating from other sources and countries are not traced, and weapons provided by your police and military are not included. The statistics are biased intentionally, and pervasively from the outset as the Mexican government only submits selected guns recovered from crime scenes that they know they can get a trace on and they do not submit every gun in the country making the data useless except for spreading your governments FUD. Your government even knows they are lieing about the statistics and does everything they can to keep avoiding the issue as you can see when confronted about it from your links:

The problem is your government, and your narco culture. What you can do about it is confront the real problems such as the corrupt political structure of your country, the narco culture that dominates your country and your popular culture's glorification of the narco culture and not sit around blaming other people to make yourself out as a victim as you are only a victim of your own making. Blaming other people rather than actually confronting and fixing your culture will only lead to the perpetuation of the victim mentality and the failure of your state.

How can a student confront the cartels? or the corrupted police? the only thing I was trying to do is to help built a new political party made of out of citizens not corrupted politicians.

I honestly accept that there is a problem with my government, a big one, everything is corrupt. It is funny though, that you don't accept any responsibility on this, and that you apparently see your government perfect and incorruptible, which is the reason I started to point your flaws as well. And at the end, whether the data % is correct or not, it is a reality that illegal gun traffic is happening at the borders.

Back