Mexican Drug Cartel Rips Off Microsoft

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft revealed on Friday Mexican drug cartel La Familia is raking in big bucks manufacturing and selling pirated copies of Microsoft Office. According to a Bloomberg report, the cartel is even including its own logo on the packaging.

Microsoft showed off unauthorized copies of its Office 2007 software in Paris today which the company said it found for sale in Mexico.

Well now they're sure to get cracked down on by the government. Forget the drugs and the murder, they're engaging in IP theft, SEND IN THE MARINES!

I believe M$ is biting a bit more than they can chew here. The law and Govt. cant do anything about the cartel... so why does M$ think they are any different? lol

I believe M$ is biting a bit more than they can chew here. The law and Govt. cant do anything about the cartel... so why does M$ think they are any different? lol

Microsoft is probably the only organization in the world that has more money than the cartels. By the way, the 90's called, they want their M$ back.

Well now they're sure to get cracked down on by the government. Forget the drugs and the murder, they're engaging in IP theft, SEND IN THE MARINES!
Yep, finally a reason to invade. Go go go!

I sure some people are glad that the Bush administration's delight in converting as much of the US military into mercenary organizations as they could.

Certainly gives microsoft a few more options. Why wait for a friendly administration when you can buy the soldiers directly.

Can you imagine the technical support hot line?

"Hello, welcome to Drug Cartel of Mexico. If you need help with an overdose, go to America for medical help.
Press 1 for technical support with drugs.
Press 2 for help with Microsoft Office.
Press 0 for operator."

Finn said consumers don’t seek out fakes as cheaper alternatives, arguing that fears over identity theft and computer viruses are more important considerations.

BS - obviously, yes they do

“The risk is higher when you don’t use the real thing,” Finn said. Seventy percent of personal computers in China have viruses, “a direct result” of purchases and downloads of pirated and fake products, he said.

another flaming monkey number pulled from his butt

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...-sold-by-mexican-drug-cartel-lawyer-says.html

how much & where?

.............................................................The law and Govt. wont do anything about the cartel... .................................................................

Fixed that for you

It seems to makes sense. sort of

Supposedly, La Familia has retired from the drug bussiness a few weeks ago. So its only logical they focus on piracy now.

Drug sales are so 1980's anyway. Everyone just makes their own meth and grows their own pot now.

But piracy, not everyone has their own "private" tracker ya know. La Familia Tracker, send PM for invites to it :rolleyes:

I was going to say something about those tricky drug crazed beaners but I thought better of it! :p

Oh Oh The Cartels are in trouble. They have finaly crossed the line, line ,line. Maybe MS can hire some good lawyers to send some letters threatening legal action. :D

This is why, when I find out people buy pirated DVDs or software, I tell them. "Seriously. Don't pay someone else to steal it for you. That money could end up in all sorts of crime rings, terrorist organizations, stuff like that. Don't do a half measure. Just steal it yourself or buy it legit."

Drug sales are so 1980's anyway. Everyone just makes their own meth and grows their own pot now.

But piracy, not everyone has their own "private" tracker ya know. La Familia Tracker, send PM for invites to it :rolleyes:
You do realize that the drug cartel/gangs in Mexico is becoming an increasingly huge problem right now, right?
It's a massive issue.

You do realize that the drug cartel/gangs in Mexico is becoming an increasingly huge problem right now, right?
It's a massive issue.
We all know The Mexican government is corrupt right down to the Police, these are La Familia (The Family)fighting back.;)

thats funny, do they not want to sell office 2010, or is it because there is no %100 patch out yet for activation so they stay with office 2007

in other news microsoft purchases mexico and quarters it off into an amusement park, r&d facility and a home for wayward children.

ROTFL. I can actually see an extremely wealthy company like MicroSoft slowly doing this over a few decades buying all the land ( as chepa as it is anyways ) and paying off government officials till one day they go over the loud speakers "You have 10 minutes to vacate Microsoft property, any violators will be forced to learn to read write and speak english!".

Wow, even drug cartels can't afford Microsoft's licensing... :p

+1! ^______^

All this is going to do is confuse their clientele, I can just see all these guys buying the pirated Office software, grinding up the disk and smoking it... ;)

LOL at tweakers in the street, all up in the dealer's face.

Hey man, you sold me some stepped on shit man.
Shit said Windows95 when when I tried to install it.:mad:

:D

"And now available from Alejandro on the corner-make sure you pay Juan though in case cops are checking it out - Tinted Windows 7! Order now and get a free trial disk of Mexican Online, or MOL."

some of the comments in here are extremely offensive... tacos? beaners? juan? :eek:

I'll stick to the American version of Window 7:Insider Trading and Chicken Fried Steak Edition. Huzzah! :D

mexican cartel is untouchable..... as long as they stay in mexico.

poor folks down there can't afford our prices anyway.

just let them have it.

mexicans need microsoft word too.

lol if the american gov cannot stop the drugs flowing out of mexico what chance has microsoft got of stopping them?

They have pcs in Mexico?! :eek: man how times have change :p

YES we have PCs in Mexico, we have cars, we make cars you buy, we have software and hardware industries, hell even Intel is on Mexico.... we stopped being a country of people with sombreros and horses a LONG time ago, unless you are 50+ years old then your comment may make sense.

Back