Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac Electric Duster, Safe alternative to canned air?

Very neat. Looks to work very well. Would make dusting shelves very easy except for having to pick up everyone off the floor after.

Have to consider getting one of these then, had no idea such a thing existed. Better for the environment then constant consumable cans of air.

Have to consider getting one of these then, had no idea such a thing existed. Better for the environment then constant consumable cans of air.

I've had one for over a year now and they are great. You can use them at any angle, even upside down, and they never loose pressure like canned air does.

I use it on both my systems at home as well as an numerous laptops and desktops at work without any issues.

One last thing, when I bought mine Amazon had two models with slightly different numbers, I think one as a 500 and the other a 500P, with one of them being almost double the price but a little researched showed that the only difference was packaging method, one was retail and the other OEM although ironically the OEM packaging cost much more.

Last edited:
I've had one for over a year now and they are great. You can use them at any angle, even upside down, and they never loose pressure like canned air does.

I use it on both my systems at home as well as an numerous laptops and desktops at work without any issues.

Seconded.

Had mine for 2-3 years now. Still works great, all my buddies use it for their computers too. Gets a lot of work and have still not had a problem with it.

50 buck well spent indeed!

This thread convinced me to get one. It got here less than an hour ago and I've already dusted (read: blown all over the place) every electronic device in my office. This thing rocks! I didn't realize how much dust in my h100i was being missed by the canned air; I'm down 2C and a hand full of fluff.

I wish I'd made this buy much earlier.

More than a year later (so about 3-4 years i've had this thing) and it's still kicking ass.

For those of you who don't know, I just realized that you can pop out the filter on the air intake and give it a proper cleaning for better airflow!

Interesting to see this thread pop up again.

Have had my duster for a couple of years too. One of the best purchases I've made if anyone is someone undecided still.

The thread that diserves a good Necro every now and then.

This is the best product in it's full profession... I use mine to blow the leaves off of my porch. lol

Yes, the filter comes off the bottom, and you can even blow it out with itself, lol.

This is one of those products that I think will last a LOOOONG time. Perfect design for durability. Just feels like a beast.

I bought mine 4 years ago for $60. and havn't bought a canned air since. It's pretty much paid for it's self.

Just checked my history at B&H, and yea, i paid $44. Looks like that's the price again RIGHT NOW while supplies last.

Get it while it's hot!

Back