Metro: Last Light Video Card Performance and IQ Review @ [H]

This game really does look amazing. My 7970 lightning gets anywhere from 20-60 fps (with v-sync enabled) at 2560 x 1440. Smoke and haze are killers of performance in this game.

Physx seems nice, but you basicly need a Titan to enjoy it? Even with a GTX780 it's turned off at the highest playable settings...

is there any reason why on my rig (in signature) using the latest nvidia drivers the benchmark says that tessellation is not supported?

EDIT: I noticed that the game started as DX9, now I switched to DX11 and I maxed out tessellation.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing how much, if any, impact having my GTS 250 for dedicated PhysX, paired with a vanilla gtx 680, has on the performance of this game. I remember doing a pretty thorough comparison and write up on using a gtx 460, instead of the GTX 680, and the dedicated card making about a 10-15 fps difference.

you can clean up newly released games in the FS section right now. I have jumped on nearly all the newest games and its come out to be about 8 bucks a piece. 10 bucks is usually my limit unless I am really desperate.

I'll have to head over to FS. Game looks like a lot of fun.

Back