Metro: Last Light Gameplay Trailer

Looks great, but why so much screen wobbling? I felt like Michael J Fox watching that.

Cool. Lets hope its actually good. It may hold me over until...

Half-Life 3 is released! :cool:

Looks just as dreary as the first one. Hated the first one and won't be getting this one. I'm not a STALKER guy and certainly not a Metro (fucking sexual or otherwise) guy either. I gotta have something a little more uplifting, bright and with some color in it.

Looks great, but why so much screen wobbling? I felt like Michael J Fox watching that.

I'm not even sure what they were trying to represent with that... Wind? :confused:

It wasn't quite as bad as the original stalker run sway thing however...definately needs some toning down/removal...:D

Because post global nuclear war that destroys pretty much all of humanity things are usually all cheery? :p

Well, plant life does tend to propagate quickly not long after events like that, especially without human intervention.

Other than that, yeah... an apocalyptic setting rarely lends itself to rainbow pony dance party themes.

wow...was the first part of that trailer with all the outdoor scenes and weather effects in-game footage or pre-rendered cut scenes?...hardware killer for sure!

Well, plant life does tend to propagate quickly not long after events like that, especially without human intervention.

Other than that, yeah... an apocalyptic setting rarely lends itself to rainbow pony dance party themes.

Wait...how do you know plants come back quickly after nuclear war destroys the world? I always knew you were from eleven thousand years in the future and this is all the proof I need to...um...err..PROVE IT! So there!

I really enjoyed the first game and I'm looking forward to this one. I think that wobble is for effect in the trailer. Well, I hope so at least.

Wait...how do you know plants come back quickly after nuclear war destroys the world? I always knew you were from eleven thousand years in the future and this is all the proof I need to...um...err..PROVE IT! So there!

The More You Know.

I really enjoyed the first game and I'm looking forward to this one. I think that wobble is for effect in the trailer. Well, I hope so at least.

Fuck, I knew engine devs were working hard at being first to market with the Parkinsons effect. I just didn't know it would be foreigners who perfected it!

Check out a documentary on Chernobyl. Plants came back. FAST.

wow...was the first part of that trailer with all the outdoor scenes and weather effects in-game footage or pre-rendered cut scenes?...hardware killer for sure!

My question as well. If that's in-game, it's pretty awesome.

The creature design was a little... I dunno... weird? They just looked strange, not very scary or menacing. The atmosphere seemed very one-note, and the character models a bit stiff... I'mnot saying they are bad or that it's not appropriate to the story or theme, just wasn't very inviting and I typically like the dark horror type stuff. I never played the first game but may at some point especially if the story is any good and the characters are somewhat engaging.

Looks just as dreary as the first one. Hated the first one and won't be getting this one. I'm not a STALKER guy and certainly not a Metro (fucking sexual or otherwise) guy either. I gotta have something a little more uplifting, bright and with some color in it.

I think they have a spot waiting for you over at Hello Kitty Online. :p

I felt like Michael J Fox
I agree that was very distracting, reminded me of when I first watched arrested development. Of course, in that case I got used to it pretty quick, but it was more natural and not so mechanical as it seems here (like it's going in a cyclical pattern).

Check out a documentary on Chernobyl. Plants came back. FAST.

That was a reactor meltdown and there was some explode-y stuff, it wasn't like the whole place got turned into a giant crater. Even the buildings were pretty much just slightly messed up. It wasn't like I was there, but if the pics are right, the damage from explosions was pretty much just the reactor building.

chernobyl.jpg

I think they have a spot waiting for you over at Hello Kitty Online. :p

They do, but don't bother. The whole game is almost completely empty so there's no one to do things with. It's been like that for a few years.

i genuinely enjoyed Met-2033, but i was disappointed when i realized it was just Max Payne under ground.
For some reason i thought it would be open like stalker. Its not a bad thing, just was expecting to be able to roam and explore (love sandbox style). I got 2033 on steam sale for like $7 or something so i cannot complain. This new one looks great, but.... sadly, i will wait till the steam sale for this.
With fallout going to MMO (just cannot wrap my brain around that decision), there are not many games worth paying full price for anymore. Sad

i absolutely hate screen wobble, that game is an automatic no-buy for me, no matter how good it is.

My question as well. If that's in-game, it's pretty awesome.

That was in game footage.

I cannot wait for Last Light. Metro 2033 is one of my most favorite games. The atmosphere and story telling they pulled off in the first one is unrivaled.

It's going to be awesome. I'll love every minute of it, every minute of my GPU screaming for help that is.

Actually after Hiroshima, the plants came back very quickly. Anything underground is protected, so roots are still there, worms aerating the ground are there. Then all the microbes and disease causing bugs above are sterilized to death. All the dead and burned stuff is now fertilizer. Plus plants are designed to collect as much solar radiation as possible, are basically radiation hardened.

I was curious and ran across this http://www.american-buddha.com/lit.hiroshima.4.htm which has an excerpt from "Hiroshima" by John Hersey. The section that talks about Miss SASAKI is interesting, talks about her suprise at all the lush vegetaion 1 month after the bomb.

Actually after Hiroshima, the plants came back very quickly. Anything underground is protected, so roots are still there, worms aerating the ground are there. Then all the microbes and disease causing bugs above are sterilized to death. All the dead and burned stuff is now fertilizer. Plus plants are designed to collect as much solar radiation as possible, are basically radiation hardened.

I was curious and ran across this http://www.american-buddha.com/lit.hiroshima.4.htm which has an excerpt from "Hiroshima" by John Hersey. The section that talks about Miss SASAKI is interesting, talks about her suprise at all the lush vegetaion 1 month after the bomb.

Yeah, I heard about that too. Also, Fallout 3 was really wrong about the "radiated water" problem as well. As long as the water is moving, the radioactive materials should be washed away fairly quickly. The real problem is the rain fall after a nuclear blast, which would contain the most radioactive material that was kicked up into the atmosphere.

In a situation like that, running water in rivers should be safe to drink in week or so. As for larger bodies of water like lakes, I guess it would depend how long it would take for most of the radioactive material to settle on the bottom.

Metro 2033 was awesome and Last Light looks to be even better. Last light is must buy for me.

Wow, that is kinda unexpected. That means we only need to hide in vaults for a few years before we can go outside again with our G.E.C.K. to make a new city. :D That is, as long as the whole nuclear winter thing doesn't happen.

Wow, that is kinda unexpected. That means we only need to hide in vaults for a few years before we can go outside again with our G.E.C.K. to make a new city. :D That is, as long as the whole nuclear winter thing doesn't happen.

The vaults were actually sealed environment testing labs using human test subjects to study, among other things, the effect of long term isolation on a society. The results were important for space travel plans being developed by the Enclave.

The vaults were never meant to save ANYONE.

Back