Metro Last Light DLC out July 16

FRZ

2[H]4U
Finally the first DLC expansion, the faction pack, is being released tomorrow the 16th in North America and the 17th elsewhere.

I'm very excited to delve back into the metro :)

I'm still bummed out that Steam Cloud didn't keep any of my saves. I beat the game and had to reformat for some reason and lost all of my progress. What good is Steam Cloud if it doesn't do shit if you had to reformat? Wondering if this DLC doesn't care if you are at square one.

I think for a lot of games they just save the config files to the Steam Cloud...which is nice, but not nearly as useful as putting the actual game saves on there.

I'm still bummed out that Steam Cloud didn't keep any of my saves. I beat the game and had to reformat for some reason and lost all of my progress. What good is Steam Cloud if it doesn't do shit if you had to reformat? Wondering if this DLC doesn't care if you are at square one.

Its called back up your C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games folder before you reformat.

Explain the fact that I still have Metro 2033 saves? And all other games except for Last Light's. I had about 10MB worth of saves on Cloud before I reformatted. I checked after reformatting, it's at 0.00 MB. My hard drive is not considered "cloud" lol.

meh! i just finished my third run on this game last week! oh brother, here we go again, fourth run motherfucker!!

I don't know about MetroLL but some games (SERIOUS SAM 3) don't upload the user's saves to the cloud or under \My Documents\, they reside in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\...

SS3 only puts checkpoint saves in the cloud. I've learned my lesson and began backing up that specific directory under Steam just to be safe.

Its called back up your C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games folder before you reformat.

Or the other 1 million combinations of where they can possibly be stored. Even publishers like Ubisoft and EA can't make up their mind and their game saves are all over the place.

It used to be simple where game saves were simply located in the games install folder. Too bad it is not that simple anymore.

The saves are not stored in the my games folder. They are in my documents- 4A Games

Im actually in the same boat as you, beat the game but had to reformat. I'll be really pissed if it matters because beating the game was a BITCH (fun as hell though :) )

Im still pissed I have to pay for Ranger Mode, I think that it is stupid to pay 5 bucks for it.

The saves are not stored in the my games folder. They are in my documents- 4A Games

So what are you saying, you don't backup your "MyDocs" before a reformat?

Seems pretty simple/obvious to just back up your user profile before a reformat, and I just mean in general, not even related to gaming.

Seems pretty simple/obvious to just back up your user profile before a reformat, and I just mean in general, not even related to gaming.

No, it was suggested to op to back up my games folder. In this case that would not have solved the problem.

that happened to my skyrim saves. sucks dude.

Just reinstalled metro and bought the DLC. Can't seem to find the new game modes anywhere :/

Installed the DLC right? Stupid question, lol. Sometimes you gotta restart the game a couple of times, or even the computer for the odd things to come out.

Last edited:
Just reinstalled metro and bought the DLC. Can't seem to find the new game modes anywhere :/

go to chapters and click on new game at bottom
it will switch between story and dlc campaign

Are these stand alone missions or do I have to play through again?

i think is all stand alone..and short. i was playing the "call of last light" one this morning and is really sucking.. i'll finish them all and then i'll start the main game, if nothing changed like new weapons and stuff i'll uninstall this fucking thing and try one more time in august.. of 2014, to see if they finished this dlc crapfest mess.

i think is all stand alone..and short. i was playing the "call of last light" one this morning and is really sucking.. i'll finish them all and then i'll start the main game, if nothing changed like new weapons and stuff i'll uninstall this fucking thing and try one more time in august.. of 2014, to see if they finished this dlc crapfest mess.

I beat the Reich one last night, really short just like playing one level. I'm assuming the other two are like that as well. Better than nothing but I was expecting more like a new campaign.

Why not keep it simpler? Occasional drive image ftw.

Back