Metro: Last Light Discussion

Finally picked this game up during Steam Sale. I don't have the fastest rig and I did have to turn a few things off (SSA, motion blur), but holy crap, it's been said before but this game is beautiful. I'm only in the first hour, but thought the spiderwebs with spiders on them were ridiculous, plus lighting them on fire was a nice touch. Can't speak yet on the gameplay so much, but even on a bit nerfed settings this game looks top notch.

This game is amazing. I really enjoyed 2033 and when I finished it I knew I just had to have the follow-up. I am a few hours into it now and I am a very happy buyer.
Playing through on hardcore difficulty. I will try Ranger Mode afterwards for sure!
THE MARSH! It made me feel uneasy and it was very creepy. It reminded me of how I felt my first visit to Ravenholm in Half Life 2.

I think I will be playing that misery mod for STALKER when im done with last light. I am on bit of a survival horror kick.
two thumbs up!

I think I'm finally getting to the end of this game, and am wrong in thinking it's not that short of a game? I thought I read somewhere it was short? I haven't been clocking it (wait, Steam?) I guess I should go look.

I thought game of the year would go to TR, but I'm sorry, Metro LL is just fantastic. Does it help that the graphics are top notch? Yeah, but I am digging the story just as much. Hope some good DLC comes this way, this will be on my HD for some time.

I picked this up on Steam 10 days ago for $19.99 and just finished it. Wow! My only regret is that I switched to 3D Vision halfway through the game. I wish I would have used it from the outset. The immersion factor in this game is just off the chart with it.

I picked this up on Steam 10 days ago for $19.99 and just finished it. Wow! My only regret is that I switched to 3D Vision halfway through the game. I wish I would have used it from the outset. The immersion factor in this game is just off the chart with it.

Especially when you are underground in that spider cavern having to use the nightvision :eek:

Anyone opinions on which DLC's to buy? They're on Steam sale for the next 30 hrs along with the game itself ($13.59!).

Man, I grabbed LL Redux during the Amazon sale and I was enjoying it until the outside levels. The fun just grinds to a halt when I have to put on that damn mask and listen to myself gasp for air. Trying to push through it but getting close to dumping it back in the backlog.

Man, I grabbed LL Redux during the Amazon sale and I was enjoying it until the outside levels. The fun just grinds to a halt when I have to put on that damn mask and listen to myself gasp for air. Trying to push through it but getting close to dumping it back in the backlog.
It's like 2 levels lol.

Weird, I actually enjoyed going outside in that game. It allows the player to see just how grim it is on the surface. Dangerous as hell.

I had a pretty good experience in Last Light. Didn't take me too long to complete the whole campaign. Around 10-12 hours IIRC.

The length of Exodus is what kinda scares me from starting it. I'm not ready for a 25 hour campaign, so I'll just save it for another time when I'm in the mood.
Detailing Visuals in Exodus are top notch though. One of the best looking game's i've come across.

I had a pretty good experience in Last Light. Didn't take me too long to complete the whole campaign. Around 10-12 hours IIRC.

The length of Exodus is what kinda scares me from starting it. I'm not ready for a 25 hour campaign, so I'll just save it for another time when I'm in the mood.
Detailing Visuals in Exodus are top notch though. One of the best looking game's i've come across.
Exodus is probably closer to 15 hours, on my run I completed in 22 hours but did most of the side content. Its a really good game and the length of the game feels good, not drawn out.

I sont know if it's a guy thing or nt, but how do you complete a game that quick? That's a bloody gallop! Taco spent like 24 hours on 2033 nd maybe same or little longer here.(LL) still going, just got out of quarantine.
I played the other metro games on Ranger Hardcore which according to Steam 2033 took 16 hours and Last Light took 18 hours. So going into Exodus and I'm no longer interested in hardcore experiences I played it on Normal, so it was easy and I was already really familiar with all the mechanics.

Steam only has the Redux version up as of now.
EDIT: Steam already updated my version to the Complete edition.

1684354751551.png

Last edited:
Like me, some people already had Last Light but didn't have any of the DLC's from your original purchase.
Because of the give away, Steam has automatically up dated all of the previous versions to the Complete Edition.

So if you didn't have any of the DLC's before the give away, Steam has mistakenly added back your original license instead of the Complete Edition license, which means you still do not have the 7 DLC's that the Complete Edition is suppose to come with.

I found 2 ways to get the DLC's to be recognized, but I only trust one of them, and the instructions are a little vague because of a language barrier. So I'm going to tell you how I did it.

1. First, you need to verify that you DON'T have the DLC's. If there is no "manage my DLC's" below the achievement area, than you don't have them.

2. Pull up Steam in your browser (I used FireFox). Login and then click your account name in the top right corner. Click on Account Details. Then click "View licenses and product key activations"

3. This will bring you to a page that displays all of the licensed content on your account. In FF, you would right click anywhere on the page and then click "inspect" on the menu.
I'm pretty sure that F12 will do the same thing. Than on the bottom left of the page, you will see a "console" tab. Click it than hit refresh than type this in the box " !AddFreeLicense(876123)" without quotes. Hit enter, then you should see "undefined has been added to your account", and then you should see "Metro: Last Light Complete Edition Limited Free Promotional Package - May 2023" added to the top of your license list.

1684523670235.png

4. If you have Steam open, restart it and you should have all of the DLC's now.

1684523747379.png

Credit goes to Duranu Lithdel.

I definitely enjoyed the first two games and I'd like to say the last one was awesome as well but the fucking giant insects in Exodus seriously freaked me the fuck out and I was barely able to finish the main game. I got about halfway through Sam's Story dlc and ended up just NOPEing out because I could tell there was a section of the giant ass insects that I didn't want to deal with again.

Back