Metro: Last Light Discussion

meh, exploitive as fuck eh, got filthy rich already. i was at that part that youre going to venice through the tunnels and you find a stranded caravan which have people who sells guns and ammo, if someone didnt realized what to do heres a tip:

i sold my weapons and kept the pneumatic gun, bought scope and pressure valve for it, sold all throwable stuff (knives, grenades..) and some ammo that was nearing the max capacity on the inventory...

then i went through the tunnel and started collecting stuff, heard a lady screaming and run towards it, shot two guys, a third came in and i shot him too. at this point i have two free slots and all guns they drop are heavily customized so i grab two, went back and sold them, grabbed the third one, back and sold again, go forth on the tunnel.. about six guys, all with customized shit and a shop behind me.... well i think you guys get it.. there was a dozen more ahead and you dont even have to walk because you have your own cart..

just posting this while taking a break for coffe, im way after that now. the sad part is this will completely ruin ranger mode, is not an exploit, its the way the game is and you can forget lack of resources after this, there was no such thing on the first one.. <sigh... :p>

I am loving this game, especially after widening the FOV. The atmosphere is fantastic and when you have to travel outside of the metro, nothing can beat the tension. I too have been down to almost zero ammo with only a few minutes left on my last air filter, running full tilt toward enemies in hopes that the level will end before I choke to death on radiated air. The outside landscapes are so beautiful and eerie.

I am loving this game, especially after widening the FOV. The atmosphere is fantastic and when you have to travel outside of the metro, nothing can beat the tension. I too have been down to almost zero ammo with only a few minutes left on my last air filter, running full tilt toward enemies in hopes that the level will end before I choke to death on radiated air. The outside landscapes are so beautiful and eerie.

I think this is what makes the game for me. Being outside is pretty awesome. I like the entire game in whole, but my favorite parts have been outside. Tension defiantly runs high when you're listening to the giant monster flapping his wings above you, thinking he might attack.

I didnt read through this entire thread, but I know that I have tried several different driver versions and they all have lighting/shadow rendering issues. I am using a 7970m on a Sager NP8170. Here is a short video of the issue I am seeing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcKaK7SvpIQ Any word on a fix in the works?

Been reading shadows don't render properly on 7000 series in DX11. You have to enable DX9 mode in the config ini.

finished! bad ending! first i was all wtf?? but.. but that is good?!! what the hell?? fuck, i got drunk, spent money on hookers, ignored all the bums (ugh) asking for money, killed e-very-thing that moved because suppressed weapons made a cool noise (oh, the sound of that suppressed saiga both when firing and hitting flesh, i has in love) etc, a walking clusterfuck, and drunken nightmare, what the hell. is that because i didnt kill a few of those people who surrendered and bowed to me in awe by sheer recognition that i was king Artyom the ultimate male? or it was the fucking teddy bear? i knew i should keep it to myself, i knew it! then i checked youtube and ahhh, that was the bad ending lol, well it looked good to me :D

Finished on hardcore, loved the game

I'm not sure what people are talking about but I saw both endings and they were great in their own respects. The one I got in the game was the sad one :( but it was still really good.

I recommend this to anyone who hasn't played it is fantastic fun.

So what's the verdict? Much better than Metro 2033? I didn't like Metro 2033 at all (well, I couldn't get into it despite trying to play it multiple times..)

So what's the verdict? Much better than Metro 2033? I didn't like Metro 2033 at all (well, I couldn't get into it despite trying to play it multiple times..)

Just finished it. I started it right after I finished Metro 2033, I would say it is much better and I enjoyed it much more overall. The controls and shooting mechanics are much improved, the shooting gameplay is very enjoyable, sound effects are great (the sound of dropping someone with a suppressed weapon is oh so satisfying), there is a lot of really cool stealth gameplay, and it looks even better than Metro 2033, which is saying something.

All the little issues that made Metro 2033 feel a bit unpolished are gone, this feels like a very well made AAA title and it's lots of fun. The story does git a bit weird and kind of loses its momentum at the end though.

Thats a hard question for us to answer for you. If you didnt like metro 2033 then I doubt that you will like last light. It has the same atmosphere as the first, which was one of the aspects of the game that I enjoyed the most. Is it an amazing game? No, I dont think that it is. 2033 wasnt amazing either, but they both are very enjoyable.

more of the same but easier with better graphics, it has even auto-aim but i guess some people will say guns are better and realistic now lol. story is not that great and it lacks replay value, its plain boring and easy to get the alternate ending instead of the great challenge that was in the first one.

I will say that I think this is the best-looking game in existence right now though... It's just stunning maxed-out.

cool, ranger mode is fucked, bah. found a lot of people pissed off too on google. there goes my second run, shit. i guess i'll play again but this time i'll spare none! and im also keeping the teddy bear to myself, its mine! mine!

Just finished it, it's a good game no doubt. The story is a bit clichéd but that is typical of this genre.

8/10.

Finished today, was a great game but also a buggy mess to play. Random nvidia driver crashes all the time, missing textures, stuttering, weird texture flimmering. Doubt its my PC, all the other new games and benchmarks are fine. Maybe its Nvidias 320.14 or just poor programming of the game. I'll wait for a few updates before I play again.

Finished today, was a great game but also a buggy mess to play. Random nvidia driver crashes all the time, missing textures, stuttering, weird texture flimmering. Doubt its my PC, all the other new games and benchmarks are fine. Maybe its Nvidias 320.14 or just poor programming of the game. I'll wait for a few updates before I play again.

Odd, I had none of these problems on my Asus 670.

Overall I really liked it. I thought I was going to hate the whole thing based on the first 5 segments, they were slivers between loading screens. Then in the middle you had that railway section that was enormous with all those areas to explore... the result of two different companies working on it I suppose?

They really need some sort of Metro:STALKER Edition that is more about open world/underground exploration and survival to go along with their interactive novels so I can get both of my fixes. :D

Odd, I had none of these problems on my Asus 670.

I was playing at 2560x1440, all settings at their maximum values with PhysX enabled but no SSAA. Sometimes I could play 2-3 hours straight and then it crashed the nvidia driver, sometimes it crashed every 10 minutes. It always happened in later parts of the game, usually in levels after Venice. In the railcar level the wall textures were sometimes not loading or they were flimmering, I could see whats behind.

I just hope its not my card, its been running so well before Metro, even Tomb Raider runs great on it. I let Unigine Heaven and 3DMark11 looping for hours to test it and there were no problems, then I fired Metro up again and got another driver crash after 20 minutes.

i am getting pretty close to the end. so far it has been really fun, I don't do horror or suspense games either.. but still been a lot of fun. it hasnt been the easiest game either and I am playing on normal.. so that is cool.. i can only imagine people on a harder difficulty, must be much more stealth oriented. i still use stealth when i can, i think it makes it more fun to stab and throw knives.

the game is excellent as a whole if you ask me. wish i had a little better performance at 1440p though. sometimes it sinks really low. most of the time its quite playable though.

i am getting pretty close to the end. so far it has been really fun, I don't do horror or suspense games either.. but still been a lot of fun. it hasnt been the easiest game either and I am playing on normal.. so that is cool.. i can only imagine people on a harder difficulty, must be much more stealth oriented. i still use stealth when i can, i think it makes it more fun to stab and throw knives.

the game is excellent as a whole if you ask me. wish i had a little better performance at 1440p though. sometimes it sinks really low. most of the time its quite playable though.

Would you recommend I wait to get another 670 for SLI before playing this game? My specs are similar to yours.

I'm not sure what people are talking about but I saw both endings and they were great in their own respects. The one I got in the game was the sad one :( but it was still really good.

lol i guess that is me, sorry, sometimes i just kinda type what i'm thinking and hit the reply button. translating that post: i got the bad ending but it looked to good to be bad so i thought it was the good ending, i was baffled, then i checked on youtube and discovered that the game has an ending even more cheesy than the one that i got so that means the ending that i found good was the bad one :D

I will say that I think this is the best-looking game in existence right now though... It's just stunning maxed-out.

While last light does have some impressive graphics, it isnt even close to being the best looking in existence. Personally, I think bioshock infinite looks much nicer. Also, the witcher 2 maxed out looks amazing. I guess it probably comes down to personal taste.

While last light does have some impressive graphics, it isnt even close to being the best looking in existence. Personally, I think bioshock infinite looks much nicer. Also, the witcher 2 maxed out looks amazing. I guess it probably comes down to personal taste.

Witcher 2 yes. That is a work of art.

But bioshock? No. That game looked way too much like a console port. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and the graphics were great but top end? No. I would say the first metro had better graphics than bioshock.

Witcher 2 yes. That is a work of art.

But bioshock? No. That game looked way too much like a console port. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and the graphics were great but top end? No. I would say the first metro had better graphics than bioshock.

I played Metro 2033 and Bioshock was much easier on the eyes and looked better for me.

I played Metro 2033 and Bioshock was much easier on the eyes and looked better for me.

Same. Bioshock I > Metro 2033. It also didn't help that the original Metro ran like shit and was a incredibly boring game either.

Didn't see this posted, but they just announced 4 DLCs with a Season Pass option for $15.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-22-metro-last-light-dlc-announced

Sounds legit. More info that wasn't in the article for some reason:

Four new individual content Packs will be released this summer to offer players More Metro:

- The "Factions Pack" and "Chronicles Pack" both focus on new and original single player gameplay and stories, which expand upon the Metro universe.

- The "Tower Pack" will present a unique solo challenge to Metro veterans old and new.

- The "Developer Pack" will give creative players some interesting tools from the minds of the developers, with which to explore the world of Metro.

These four Packs are also available as a single package in the Metro: Last Light "Season Pass" -- at a discount -- at any time for $14.99 / £11.99 / &#8364;14.99 or 1200 Microsoft Points.

In addition to all the new individual content Packs, the Season Pass also includes the Absats weapon -- a buckshot-firing heavy machine gun -- ready for use in the Metro!

Full details and prizing for the individual Packs will be released closer to their release.

I'm in for $15 season pass. That buckshot firing heavy machine gun sounds like it'll be a blast to use. :D

Would you recommend I wait to get another 670 for SLI before playing this game? My specs are similar to yours.

I'm playing the game currently using GTX 670 SLi.
I find the game is very playable in three screen Surround if Advanced PhysX is disabled.
The rest of the settings are all on Ultra.

I think Bioshock Infinite is cartoony. Metro is way more realistic. Again it's an individual choice.

Same. Bioshock I > Metro 2033. It also didn't help that the original Metro ran like shit and was a incredibly boring game either.

I actually liked the gameplay in Metro 2033 better than Last Light, there was a distinct lack of ammunition that made decisions more meaningful. LL has much more ammo.
I find LL to be otherwise very well done with excellent detail and graphics.

What? Even if you only compared just the textures, Metro is far more detailed.

I actually liked the gameplay in Metro 2033 better than Last Light, there was a distinct lack of ammunition that made decisions more meaningful.

Oh, like the sections that are basically just a shooting gallery where enemies take several shots to kill regardless of where you shoot them, forcing you to go through most of your ammo regardless?

Yeah...choices...

Oh, like the sections that are basically just a shooting gallery where enemies take several shots to kill regardless of where you shoot them, forcing you to go through most of your ammo regardless?

Yeah...choices...

uh no on the difficulties that you actually had lack of ammo they usually only took 1 or 2 shots to kill.

They really need some sort of Metro:STALKER Edition that is more about open world/underground exploration and survival to go along with their interactive novels so I can get both of my fixes. :D

^^^ omg this!

What? Even if you only compared just the textures, Metro is far more detailed.

I like the artistic style of Bioshock. If you mean does a rock from Metro look more 'photorealistic' as opposed to Bioshock's, then yes Metro has dem bomb ass rocks man!

There is more to graphics and fidelity than just realism,etc.

Back