Metro: Last Light Discussion

KillRoy X

Gawd
Finally picked this game up during Steam Sale. I don't have the fastest rig and I did have to turn a few things off (SSA, motion blur), but holy crap, it's been said before but this game is beautiful. I'm only in the first hour, but thought the spiderwebs with spiders on them were ridiculous, plus lighting them on fire was a nice touch. Can't speak yet on the gameplay so much, but even on a bit nerfed settings this game looks top notch.

Solitude

[H]ard|Gawd
This game is amazing. I really enjoyed 2033 and when I finished it I knew I just had to have the follow-up. I am a few hours into it now and I am a very happy buyer.
Playing through on hardcore difficulty. I will try Ranger Mode afterwards for sure!
THE MARSH! It made me feel uneasy and it was very creepy. It reminded me of how I felt my first visit to Ravenholm in Half Life 2.

I think I will be playing that misery mod for STALKER when im done with last light. I am on bit of a survival horror kick.
two thumbs up!

KillRoy X

Gawd
I think I'm finally getting to the end of this game, and am wrong in thinking it's not that short of a game? I thought I read somewhere it was short? I haven't been clocking it (wait, Steam?) I guess I should go look.

I thought game of the year would go to TR, but I'm sorry, Metro LL is just fantastic. Does it help that the graphics are top notch? Yeah, but I am digging the story just as much. Hope some good DLC comes this way, this will be on my HD for some time.

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
I picked this up on Steam 10 days ago for $19.99 and just finished it. Wow! My only regret is that I switched to 3D Vision halfway through the game. I wish I would have used it from the outset. The immersion factor in this game is just off the chart with it.

Krenum

Fully [H]
I picked this up on Steam 10 days ago for $19.99 and just finished it. Wow! My only regret is that I switched to 3D Vision halfway through the game. I wish I would have used it from the outset. The immersion factor in this game is just off the chart with it.

Especially when you are underground in that spider cavern having to use the nightvision :eek:

DPI

[H]F Junkie
Anyone opinions on which DLC's to buy? They're on Steam sale for the next 30 hrs along with the game itself ($13.59!).

aldamon

Supreme [H]ardness
Man, I grabbed LL Redux during the Amazon sale and I was enjoying it until the outside levels. The fun just grinds to a halt when I have to put on that damn mask and listen to myself gasp for air. Trying to push through it but getting close to dumping it back in the backlog.

KickAssCop

Supreme [H]ardness
Man, I grabbed LL Redux during the Amazon sale and I was enjoying it until the outside levels. The fun just grinds to a halt when I have to put on that damn mask and listen to myself gasp for air. Trying to push through it but getting close to dumping it back in the backlog.
It's like 2 levels lol.

Cmustang87

Supreme [H]ardness
Weird, I actually enjoyed going outside in that game. It allows the player to see just how grim it is on the surface. Dangerous as hell.

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Am dwn to my last 1gb+400mb. Should be done by tomorrow evening! Looking forward!

meh, exploitive as fuck eh, got filthy rich already. i was at that part that youre going to venice through the tunnels and you find a stranded caravan which have people who sells guns and ammo, if someone didnt realized what to do heres a tip:

i sold my weapons and kept the pneumatic gun, bought scope and pressure valve for it, sold all throwable stuff (knives, grenades..) and some ammo that was nearing the max capacity on the inventory...

then i went through the tunnel and started collecting stuff, heard a lady screaming and run towards it, shot two guys, a third came in and i shot him too. at this point i have two free slots and all guns they drop are heavily customized so i grab two, went back and sold them, grabbed the third one, back and sold again, go forth on the tunnel.. about six guys, all with customized shit and a shop behind me.... well i think you guys get it.. there was a dozen more ahead and you dont even have to walk because you have your own cart..

just posting this while taking a break for coffe, im way after that now. the sad part is this will completely ruin ranger mode, is not an exploit, its the way the game is and you can forget lack of resources after this, there was no such thing on the first one.. <sigh... :p>
Did nt realize this last time taco been therr! Now I want to do it too, thanks mate!♡
I am loving this game, especially after widening the FOV. The atmosphere is fantastic and when you have to travel outside of the metro, nothing can beat the tension. I too have been down to almost zero ammo with only a few minutes left on my last air filter, running full tilt toward enemies in hopes that the level will end before I choke to death on radiated air. The outside landscapes are so beautiful and eerie.
Yes mate, the rain was fantastic! blimey! the atmosphere is out of this world!!
finished! bad ending! first i was all wtf?? but.. but that is good?!! what the hell?? fuck, i got drunk, spent money on hookers, ignored all the bums (ugh) asking for money, killed e-very-thing that moved because suppressed weapons made a cool noise (oh, the sound of that suppressed saiga both when firing and hitting flesh, i has in love) etc, a walking clusterfuck, and drunken nightmare, what the hell. is that because i didnt kill a few of those people who surrendered and bowed to me in awe by sheer recognition that i was king Artyom the ultimate male? or it was the fucking teddy bear? i knew i should keep it to myself, i knew it! then i checked youtube and ahhh, that was the bad ending lol, well it looked good to me :D
This is my dilemma! Taco wants to do good playthrough, but you get to miss out on shooting all those great guns! Flesh shredding never felt so good! Perhaps taco do another evil run![grin]

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Mates am trying to figure out which levels intersect between 2033 nd L.L. been a while since I've been here. Got a couple hundred mb left to download before I cn submerge, but I pulled up maps.

Well, I cnt upload maps, but it appears only intersections between two games are polis nd d6? Sec9nd map is I think in Russian, so that doesn't help much. Hmm..I guess the rest are being bypassed using back passages nd service tunnels.

Edit okay I was able to screenshot pix nd upload.
Screenshot_20210531-140536_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-140555_Gallery.jpg

RS_Surge

Weaksauce
I had a pretty good experience in Last Light. Didn't take me too long to complete the whole campaign. Around 10-12 hours IIRC.

The length of Exodus is what kinda scares me from starting it. I'm not ready for a 25 hour campaign, so I'll just save it for another time when I'm in the mood.
Detailing Visuals in Exodus are top notch though. One of the best looking game's i've come across.

DFenz

[H]ard|Gawd
I had a pretty good experience in Last Light. Didn't take me too long to complete the whole campaign. Around 10-12 hours IIRC.

The length of Exodus is what kinda scares me from starting it. I'm not ready for a 25 hour campaign, so I'll just save it for another time when I'm in the mood.
Detailing Visuals in Exodus are top notch though. One of the best looking game's i've come across.
Exodus is probably closer to 15 hours, on my run I completed in 22 hours but did most of the side content. Its a really good game and the length of the game feels good, not drawn out.

DFenz

[H]ard|Gawd
I sont know if it's a guy thing or nt, but how do you complete a game that quick? That's a bloody gallop! Taco spent like 24 hours on 2033 nd maybe same or little longer here.(LL) still going, just got out of quarantine.
I played the other metro games on Ranger Hardcore which according to Steam 2033 took 16 hours and Last Light took 18 hours. So going into Exodus and I'm no longer interested in hardcore experiences I played it on Normal, so it was easy and I was already really familiar with all the mechanics.