Metro: Exodus

the first Metro Exodus expansion, The Two Colonels is available today for $8 on the Epic Games Store and Steam, or as part of the $25 Metro Exodus expansion pass...4A Games said when the Metro Exodus expansion The Two Colonels was announced that it would be more in the style of the first two games in the series, with linear gameplay in "claustrophobic environments."

The second expansion, Sam's Story, will follow the adventures of a US Marine who was serving at the Moscow embassy when the bombs fell, as he finally begins his journey home...it's expected to be out in early 2020...

DLC still unplayable on EGS going on almost 24hrs now even after multiple announcements it's "fixed", particularly the Gold/Aurora editions that were supposed to include the DLC.

But working fine on Steam.

Last edited:
the first Metro Exodus expansion, The Two Colonels is available today for $8 on the Epic Games Store and Steam, or as part of the $25 Metro Exodus expansion pass...4A Games said when the Metro Exodus expansion The Two Colonels was announced that it would be more
in the style of the first two games in the series, with linear gameplay in "claustrophobic environments."

The second expansion, Sam's Story, will follow the adventures of a US Marine who was serving at the Moscow embassy when the bombs fell, as he finally begins his journey home...it's expected to be out in early 2020...

Is the dlc seperate from the main campaign?

So I played a couple hours of this game on my OLED with graphics maxed and it looks gorgeous! My problem is; it doesn't keep my interest. Anyone else find the game extremely linear, scripted and boring?

Yes.

So I played a couple hours of this game on my OLED with graphics maxed and it looks gorgeous! My problem is; it doesn't keep my interest. Anyone else find the game extremely linear, scripted and boring?

Your monitor is too big :p

Metro live action Movie is in werks
It's been in the works for a long time now. Dmitry Glukhovsky, author of the books, has shot down numerous scripts over the years, including one recently that tried to set the story in the US while using racist overtones.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/metro-2033-film-project-halted-1203085642/

Here's the latest news since Comix didn't provide a link and for context for those who have him on ignore.

https://variety.com/2019/film/global/metro-2033-movie-1203311748/

It's being produced by Russian media company Gazprom Media Holding, will start filming next year, will premiere in Russia in 2022, and is intended for a worldwide release.

4A Engine 8_29_2019 6_34_22 AM.jpg
4A Engine 8_29_2019 7_07_08 AM.jpg

Regular game I didn't try the DLC just yet I'm wondering why the DLC is 24.99 for the complete and 8.99 for the individual.

I just picked this up as part of the Xbox for PC beta thing...seems alright so far, though once the game gets into the open world, the pacing really suffers. It sucks having to find a workbench to clean your weapons every 10 minutes, otherwise they just jam like crazy.

I never had that problem, although I did a no-kill (except for mandatory) areas, as such I did not use weapons much

I think it's already released ... it's called The Two Colonels :(

The second expansion, Sam's Story, will follow ...

after playing the first DLC for $8 I'll pass on Sam's story .... Sam will probably bore me to dead with 20 minute cut scenes. I didn't time the actual play time vs cut scenes in The Two Colonels but IMO it's probably safe to say the cut scenes total run time exceeds the play time by quite a bit. If I wanted to watch a movie I would have rented one for $3

I think it's already released ... it's called The Two Colonels :(

after playing the first DLC for $8 I'll pass on Sam's story .... Sam will probably bore me to dead with 20 minute cut scenes. I didn't time the actual play time vs cut scenes in The Two Colonels but IMO it's probably safe to say the cut scenes total run time exceeds the play time by quite a bit. If I wanted to watch a movie I would have rented one for $3

Fwiw, I saw somewhere back when the expansions were announced that while Two Colonels is more like traditional Metro 2033/Last Light gameplay, linear with lots of cutscenes, Sam's Story will be nonlinear and more like the Volga or Caspian levels from Exodus.

Fwiw, I saw somewhere back when the expansions were announced that while Two Colonels is more like traditional Metro 2033/Last Light gameplay, linear with lots of cutscenes, Sam's Story will be nonlinear and more like the Volga or Caspian levels from Exodus.

ah, ok. If that proves to be the case I'll play it

This game is not doing anything for me.

To put it bluntly, I just cant with the overly Russian B movie action.

Pretty sad I know. But not happening. My loss I guess.

This game is not doing anything for me.

To put it bluntly, I just cant with the overly Russian B movie action.

Pretty sad I know. But not happening. My loss I guess.
just finished won't be playing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this sucks

not sure of the complaints. if you like the gameplay loop it is pretty fun. It mainly consisted of stealth and exploration for me. exploration tends to be always rewarding this game. there are certain challenges as to how to do some areas. they did a lot of work with the character relationships. I thought overall it was solid. that being said I have not done the dlc. an annoyance was that the expansion was full price during the past sale, and buying the game+expansion was only $10 more.

not sure of the complaints. if you like the gameplay loop it is pretty fun. It mainly consisted of stealth and exploration for me. exploration tends to be always rewarding this game. there are certain challenges as to how to do some areas. they did a lot of work with the character relationships. I thought overall it was solid. that being said I have not done the dlc. an annoyance was that the expansion was full price during the past sale, and buying the game+expansion was only $10 more.

I'll play the DLC when both come out. The base game was great, minus some dodgy AI here and there.

Yeah, I played it for a few hours and haven't touched it again. Played it on Game Pass so thankfully didn't buy it outright.

This game is awesome best story of all of them.
Is the story better than the first 2 games? I was thinking about reading the books before I play Exodus just to get back into the world. I have played the first 2 games though.

Anyone's cloud saves fucking up in Epic Game Launcher? The local save that's newer never uploads to the cloud and I just get error code: CS-UL-0. I googled that code and nothing has helped me fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it just gets stuck. Been like this for weeks.

Anyone's cloud saves fucking up in Epic Game Launcher? The local save that's newer never uploads to the cloud and I just get error code: CS-UL-0. I googled that code and nothing has helped me fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it just gets stuck. Been like this for weeks.

Launcher just sucks I back up all my saves because of that reason. I have a folder on my desktop with save files.
If you uninstall the launcher you also lose the saves stored on your PC.

Last edited:
Laucher just sucks I back up all my saves because of that reason. I have a folder on my desktop with save files.
If you uinistall the launcher you also lose the saves stored on your PC.

Even EA's Origin doesn't cock that up...

I've had enough of a backlog that I'm still working through (playing Crysis series just now, lol) that I've been waiting for this to come to Steam. I still haven't played through Last Light either and barely remember playing through 2033 from several years ago at this point. The first time it drops below $30 for me on Steam, I'll prolly pick it up. But it'd be awesome to see Steam sales kill the Epic Games Store's in the first week or month of its release, lol. Doubt that'll happen though and not even sure EGS has released sales numbers through their store front.

Back