Metro: Exodus

Sli is seriously dying. Since ita on devs now to add it to a gane its going away. Nvidia also down played it lately also.

Sucks been using sli since 2004 its weird only having one card now.
Yeah but since mining is dead, I still have 2 other 1080ti's. So I popped a 2nd in my main system. It sure helped GTAV with everything maxed at 4K.

another Friday release for Exodus instead of the usual Tuesday...Anthem is also releasing on a Friday...

Sli is seriously dying. Since ita on devs now to add it to a gane its going away. Nvidia also down played it lately also.

We know that most engine developers have it working- but we should also assume that there'll be a bit of a lag before support returns to games.

One could argue the reverse, if two cards are faster than one and combined cost less too. That was really the original motivator.

you mean 2 budget cards faster then the flagship card?...back then there was no Titan type of card so it was a bit different

SLi never made sense to me since adding a second card just amounted to a meh improvement. From my perspective it made more sense to spend the second card money on the next gen card or two in a couple of years and have the better performance but in a single card. I get that there are people where money is no object but that is not me. :D

Of course now with mining and such the prices have become ridiculous and unrealistic and they are probably going to undergo a lot of corrections.

They did put Redux on sale during the Steam Lunar Sale or whatever, both games for 7.99 or something like that. Maybe they are trying to make peace, lol.

Or maybe that's a cheap enough price point for people to buy the game just to review bomb it even more. :ROFLMAO:

Seems more likely that they want to entice more people into the franchise and then over to Epic for buy the new one. Review bombing is dumb and steam will likely remove the bombed ones. Easier to just not buy it...

c'mon now...pirates are pirates...that's what they do...they're just going to use this as an excuse to pirate the game when that's what they were going to do all along...
Piracy isn't singularly motivated. It's a spectrum. Some pirates will pirate as usual, but there's a subgroup that would've bought the game on Steam on release day once reviews confirmed everything was good to go, but they feel Epic stole the game from Steam at the last minute - and the publisher let them - and therefore they see pirating as a protest against Epic and the publisher. Right or wrong, thats how they'll rationalize it.

Of course, no one's going to be pirating the game initially since it'll launch with a new Denuvo.

Okay grandpa, if you're tired of open world games you could always go play Half-Life 2 again. :)
The future is here and it's open world (thank god).

I don't know how old you are,
but HL2 is better than 90% of the crap passing as "great PC titles" I see today.
the atmosphere, the sounds, the feeling of immersion was/is still a benchmark.
Don't be talking shit about HL/1/2, it's the reason PC gaming took off and became what it is today
well, that and Far Cry, Mechwarrior and Interstate 76 =)

Last edited:
Of course, no one's going to be pirating the game initially since it'll launch with a new Denuvo.

This means fuckall. I've seen plenty of games get cracked day 1 or day 2 with a "new" version of Denuvo. CPY and Codex are notorious for this.

And the only other reasons that most AAA games don't get cracked on day 1, is because most of those groups are waiting on the day 1 patches or later fixes and/or the elite versions and DLC's to drop. That way they don't have to release multiple revisions of the original file.

Now when major new builds come out, they will and do release a new revision later in the torrents' lifespan. But Denuvo is far from the limiting factor.

Technically they would still make more money on Steam. It is not a flat 30% cut. Here, read this borrowed from another thread:

To the point quoted in the example, no game remains at maximum price nor will the majority of copies ever sell at that price. It may be wishful thinking to assume they would get more money through steam. I suspect the price would drop $10 after a month and then stabilize at another $10 lower after 1/2 year. Steam gets the largest cut when the games are most expensive and progressively smaller cuts as the price drops and more people buy. Its a pretty nice business model if you can manage that.

lol I have had the launcher from way before any of this stuff. A couple of my steam games required it. face it, they made a smart business move. epic is probably going to go after every major game launch. what is steam going to do about it?

They'll say it's not fair again and continue their death march into irrelevancy lol.

review embargo lifts this coming Wednesday (Feb 13th)...so anyone on the fence will get to see what the review sites think...I think 4A Games must be pretty confident to lift the embargo 2 days before launch

Last edited:
review embargo is lifted this coming Monday (Feb 11th)...so anyone on the fence will get to see what the review sites think...I think 4A Games must be pretty confident to lift the embargo 4 days before launch

I have no doubt that the game will be, at minimum, decent. The whole debacle surrounding the game is why I'm not purchasing.

I don't get the impression that most people who are upset think the game itself will be bad.

I have no doubt that the game will be, at minimum, decent. The whole debacle surrounding the game is why I'm not purchasing.

I don't get the impression that most people who are upset think the game itself will be bad.

but my point is that I think the game will be well beyond decent and I'm curious how many of the people 'boycotting' will actually stick to their guns if the game gets amazing reviews and is a graphics powerhouse...I think a lot of people are going to give in and play it on Epic...I never believed that most of the people would boycott in the first place...PC people are whiny and like to talk a lot of smack to generate fake controversy but at the end of the day they are gamers and their natural instinct is to play good games regardless of which storefront it's on

Since this is a new service will not get opening day.Want to see how the severs hold up.All of the bashing is stupid.The only pepole getting hurt are the guys and gals making the game possible.NO reason to put them out of a job.

but my point is that I think the game will be well beyond decent and I'm curious how many of the people 'boycotting' will actually stick to their guns if the game gets amazing reviews and is a graphics powerhouse...I think a lot of people are going to give in and play it on Epic...

I always stick to my guns. Not playing it. I can wait till 2020 or whenever it is. At this point I might not even buy it at all now. They done pissed me off.

I tried it once when I claimed Subnautica and the layout looked pretty awful.
Not like I care at all, though. I just use these things to launch games, I don't think I have any real complaints about any of the launchers out there.

People say they want competition, in reality they like the idea of competition but nobody wants to leave Steam because their existing libraries, friend lists, etc, are all there. Nothing will EVER be good enough.

The only one that gets a pass from the raging horde is GOG because it's drm free.

because FRIENDS are not on a single player game launcher!!! must see how servers hold up before purchasing single player game!!!

I tried it once when I claimed Subnautica and the layout looked pretty awful.
Not like I care at all, though. I just use these things to launch games, I don't think I have any real complaints about any of the launchers out there.

People say they want competition, in reality they like the idea of competition but nobody wants to leave Steam because their existing libraries, friend lists, etc, are all there. Nothing will EVER be good enough.

The only one that gets a pass from the raging horde is GOG because it's drm free.
This.

Back