Metro Exodus Steam Weekend Sale $15.99

Game is not fun. Ham fisted dialogue. Exploration of open world is faux — more like rails. I played a few hours in and put it down.

Game is fun. I like the story line. Im on my 4th play through. I only play in spurts, but the first time I played for hours. It is still on rails, sure, but I had a ton of fun shooting shit.

I've never played it. I swore it off when the whole Epic exclusivity thing happened, deciding to wait until it was back on Steam, and then I kind of forgot until I saw the sale.

I can't remember what th eoriginal price was, but $15.99 for the base game, and $22.99 including the two expansions (DLC?) seemed like it was significantly cheaper.

This game is a blast, one of my better recent experiences. But then I'm a sucker for wandering post nuclear apocalypses.

I liked the game. Definitely not as good as the first 2, but it was fun.

Definitely worth playing for the graphics, with RTX and HDR and visuals are breathtaking.

Didn't enjoy the open world segments as much, it goes back to the roots later in the game.

Very fun game. Better than Fallout 4 if you want post apocalyptic. The DLC's are fun, too.

Game is fun. I like the story line. Im on my 4th play through. I only play in spurts, but the first time I played for hours. It is still on rails, sure, but I had a ton of fun shooting shit.

I enjoyed the first 2 metro games. Games on rails can be very good because they can setup really engaging set pieces. Also there is a good sense of progression. I never understood the hate for games on rails. Not every game needs to be open world with 100 hours of repetitive fetch quests.

Game is not fun. Ham fisted dialogue. Exploration of open world is faux — more like rails. I played a few hours in and put it down.

I enjoyed it, I prefer a “on the rails” shooter vs open world ones like Fallout. The price is right so I’ll probably grab it.

I enjoyed the first 2 metro games. Games on rails can be very good because they can setup really engaging set pieces. Also there is a good sense of progression. I never understood the hate for games on rails. Not every game needs to be open world with 100 hours of repetitive fetch quests.
To be fair, I played a metro at launch and had recently finished Witcher 3. (My favorite game ever). The whole time I was playing Metro I was thinking this isn’t even close to as good as Witcher 3. There were a lot of areas that looked like they’d be open like Witcher 3 to explore but you ran into invisible walls everywhere.

I got it when it launched on Steam for $30 with all the DLC and it constantly crashes on my system (2700X/RTX 2080/X470 mobo/32GBs 3000 MHz RAM) every 10-30 mins or so, but I managed to get several hours into it still with persistent trying. After hours of troubleshooting, I could never figure out what causes it to crash. Very annoying and disappointing, esp. right after I had just played through 2033 and Last Light Redux, so I was pretty invested in its story.

Try setting your RAM to default speed in BIOS. I was having game crashing issues at high speed, and it went away with default clocks.

You can also add some voltage to the RAM, that can help if you find it was the speed that was the problem.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I got it when it launched on Steam for $30 with all the DLC and it constantly crashes on my system (2700X/RTX 2080/X470 mobo/32GBs 3000 MHz RAM) every 10-30 mins or so, but I managed to get several hours into it still with persistent trying. After hours of troubleshooting, I could never figure out what causes it to crash. Very annoying and disappointing, esp. right after I had just played through 2033 and Last Light Redux, so I was pretty invested in its story.

Had some crashes and i found out the hard way that the game didn't like any GPU OC. In everything else i was fine, just this one had issues. Try reverting to stock clocks or reference clocks if you've got an already OCed model. Not sure what you've troubleshooted but maybe it will help.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Back