Metro Exodus is returning to Steam after lengthy Epic Games Store exclusivity

regardless of the Epic Store exclusivity there are a lot of people who wait for sales before buying...the game came out 1 year ago...Steam was selling it for like 40% off so I think this is more a case of people buying it on sale versus any referendum on the Epic Store

so i was right about the fact that when it got added back to steam sales went UP it wasnt doing well otherwise thats what i was getting at.

Not right at all. It was going to come to Steam regardless of sales performance after 1 year of release; that was the deal from the beginning. But of course they're going to get additional sales by selling the game through other stores and with it being 40% off will cause it to sell more regardless of what store it's on as well.

so i was right about the fact that when it got added back to steam sales went UP it wasnt doing well otherwise thats what i was getting at.

Proof? The article you linked says exactly none of that. All it says are the sales on Steam and that the publisher is happy with sales ON BOTH PLATFORMS.

They'd never tell the truth if it was uncomfortable for their business decision, so it's pointless to argue about what they say or don't say. Unless they release exact numbers there is nothing to talk about. Some people will assume the epic store is a raging success, others the opposite.

"We are happy with the sales" in business talk means We're eating what we cooked and damn well must show that we like it to the outside world.

No, the fact that people were still willing to buy it on steam after a year of it being on epic means that the epic business model works for developers. Developers now know they can put it on epic for a year of sales at 88% and then when they switch over to steam at 70% they can get the holdouts.
That's exactly why I don't buy EGS exclusives even after they stop being exclusives.

They'd never tell the truth if it was uncomfortable for their business decision, so it's pointless to argue about what they say or don't say. Unless they release exact numbers there is nothing to talk about. Some people will assume the epic store is a raging success, others the opposite.

"We are happy with the sales" in business talk means We're eating what we cooked and damn well must show that we like it to the outside world.

Few companies give out sales numbers. All we know is that it sold better by a huge amount across all platforms, which isn't extremely shocking though. My guess - took a notable hit in sales on PC, but long term won't matter much in terms of profit (margins and Steam hold outs). Exodus was the game that started the Epic hate train, and subsequent games won't suffer as bad.

I made the mistake of purchasing Metro Exodus from Epic Games. After finishing the game I then compounded the mistake by purchasing the DLC Sam's Story.
The game installed and remained locked.
I contacted Epic Games to get it unlocked and they insisted on me sending them all my personal information, including any social media I am subscribed to.

I then received an email from them insisting there would be no refund since it has been two weeks and the game had been played for two hours.

I purchased the game three days ago and it couldn't be played at all because it was locked.

Epic Games is a scam.

So the game wouldn't launch or the DLC wasn't added?
Epic's so-called support has acknowledged the game had been purchased.
The user interface indicates the DLC has been installed.
The game is still locked and the interface is suggesting that I visit the EPIC web site to (re?)purchase the DLC.

So far, just getting the run-around from EPIC. Last email told me they would investigate it and contact me if they need more information.
I suspect they will simply wait out the two week refund policy.

One of the problems with epic is the fact that you can have multiple accounts. purchase something on one account sign in with the other and then it’ll appear to be on the other account also but it actually won’t. So you need to check your emails just to make sure that everything you purchased is on the same account that you are currently logging into

One of the problems with epic is the fact that you can have multiple accounts. purchase something on one account sign in with the other and then it’ll appear to be on the other account also but it actually won’t. So you need to check your emails just to make sure that everything you purchased is on the same account that you are currently logging into
Thanks,
I only have the one account. I set it up specifically to purchase Metro Exodus and its DLC.
The user interface itself states that it had been purchased and installed on the associated logon.

I don't know why is this suddenly news now, I've seen multiple articles acting surprised by it. The exclusivity deal was for one year only, the one year is up, yes the game was released a year ago.
It's news because it's been a year and people probably forgot when it would be released elsewhere? Personally I didn't write it on my calendar so maybe I'm doing it wrong though. The article also clearly spells the deal all out. Not sure what other articles you've read said have to do with this one. Lemme guess, you've read 6 other articles on it, but didn't have time to read the one you're commenting on.

It's news because it's been a year and people probably forgot when it would be released elsewhere? Personally I didn't write it on my calendar so maybe I'm doing it wrong though. The article also clearly spells the deal all out. Not sure what other articles you've read said have to do with this one. Lemme guess, you've read 6 other articles on it, but didn't have time to read the one you're commenting on.
You in a bad mood? You do know you are nitpicking at a post that is over a month old, and completely lost it's actuality? This is/was not news, get over it. It's in the name, news means new information.

You in a bad mood? You do know you are nitpicking at a post that is over a month old, and completely lost it's actuality? This is/was not news, get over it. It's in the name, news means new information.
Nope, I'm not the one complaining about people posting news. Guess when I found out this was finally on Steam? Yesterday when I read this thread, I bought it. It's as if it's new information to some people, aka news.

Picked this up on Steam the other day. I'm only about 2 hours into the game but I'm liking it so far.

So, I finally got around to playing Metro Exodus after I bought it on sale from Steam.

I am amazed how this long after release it still has so many really obvious bugs.

Like, ones that should have been EXTREMELY evident to testers.

Example: Change stock keyboard configuration too much, and you are going to get stick in certain screens and unable to get out, because despite allowing for the change of directional keys, the use of A for left and D for right is hardcoded in certain scenes. And not just hardcoded in a way that you can just use them once you know, but unless your controls are set up to use A for left and D for right, NO key will work in those scenes.

The workaround is as easy as it is annoying. Every time you enter those scenes you have to go change the keyboard binds, complete the scene, and then change the keyboard binds back.

It used to be frustrating enough when games LAUNCHED buggy, but hvaing this level of obvious bugs in them almost 2 years after launch is just astounding.

since there is a lot of Xbox gamepass discussion in here: I recommend you install gamepass and its games, on a secondary hard drive. The app is reall buggy and while I personally did not have issues, I have seen many complaing about games not uninstalling properly (the data is still there), games glitching and no longer able to launch or be uninstalled, and whatever leftover data (sometimes entire game data, even after "uninstallation") can bet tricky to get permissions to manually delete.

since there is a lot of Xbox gamepass discussion in here: I recommend you install gamepass and its games, on a secondary hard drive. The app is reall buggy and while I personally did not have issues, I have seen many complaing about games not uninstalling properly (the data is still there), games glitching and no longer able to launch or be uninstalled, and whatever leftover data (sometimes entire game data, even after "uninstallation") can bet tricky to get permissions to manually delete.

Well unfortunately another problem with the MS Store is some of the games have problems if you don't have them installed on the C drive.

Back