I don't see where poking some light-hearted fun at Nvidia implies bias.

Some people on here really need to lighten up and stop seeing everything as a war between their preferred brand and the competition.

Brand loyalty is for suckers.

No one's panties are in a wad, and you're making assumptions yourself.

I'm merely pointing out *why* the bias is being perceived. Telling people to lighten up does not remove the perception that people have, which is being posted here in the forums as feedback.

No one's panties are in a wad, and you're making assumptions yourself.

I'm merely pointing out *why* the bias is being perceived. Telling people to lighten up does not remove the perception that people have, which is being posted here in the forums as feedback.
I'm good. The game looks like fun, but the way that the wildlife attacks seems a bit bland so far. I'd still enjoy it though. It might be my first Epic Games Store purchase. :)

Can you play the game "offline?" As in I have it downloaded from the Epic Store and I lose my internet for a couple of weeks but still have power. Hurricanes affect my area every year. Can I still fire it up and play or does the Epic Store require an always-on connection?

Can you play the game "offline?" As in I have it downloaded from the Epic Store and I lose my internet for a couple of weeks but still have power. Hurricanes affect my area every year. Can I still fire it up and play or does the Epic Store require an always-on connection?

Epic added an offline option to the store. No idea how well it works or if there are any limits on it though.

Epic added an offline option to the store. No idea how well it works or if there are any limits on it though.
They are in the same geographic region as me so I was hoping that they would think of their neighbors. :) That's awesome! Thanks.

I bought mine on Steam before they pulled it. I'll boot it up tonight and let you know how it goes for me. I have an FE 1080Ti.

Huh, I thought Metro's atmosphere was supposed to be too bleak to have a random confetti party break out.

Yet another reason why I am looking forward to buying this game in February 2020 :p

By then it will be on my preferred store ...
Some people on here really need to lighten up and stop seeing everything as a war between their preferred store and the competition.
Brand loyalty is for suckers.;)

haha, good one. does it even have hairworks? :D

It does, and it adds a mild improvement, but on my system it's the main thing that causes some mild stuttering as enemies/NPC's get closer and the 'hair' loads in.

Some people on here really need to lighten up and stop seeing everything as a war between their preferred store and the competition.

People like to pick sides with anything really. And then tell people that like to buy a different consumer product, how wrong they are. It is the coke vs pepsi people that always exist. Good for consumer goods selling companies.

Odd. I havent had 1 single stutter in the game. Sure I am only 3-4 hours in but its been smooth as butter.

Maybe the streamers are using the same PC to stream and play? Either way this game has been bug free and smoother as hell for me and numerous other people

Yet another reason why I am looking forward to buying this game in February 2020 :p

By then it will be on my preferred store AND all the kinks will hopefully be worked out.

Yup......I bit the bullet and gave Epic 49 bucks.
I was sort of cringing, but I have had no issues from the purchace standpoint.
I'm a big fan of the Metro games, bought both Redux versions too, albeit at substantial discounts during Steam sales.

I just hope the game runs smoothly, but then again I am still a GTX owner under Dx 11, so I'm not too worried.

Sometime when I can afford the RTX 3080 Ti or whatever it's going to be called, I'll replay it.

Nah man, Brand loyalty creates competition.

I have no brand loyalty. I'm more stuck with Steam than anything else, due to a combination of the fact that I already own a large library there and the fact that I refuse to use more than one client.

I'm not saying Steam is the best client/store. It is pretty full featured, but if I had a clean slate and we're selecting a store today, and all games were sold in all stores, I'd probably go with GOG.

So is this a single player game? I'll wait to buy it. I still haven't played Far Cry 5 or Fallout76 yet...

Give them time to fix the bugs, and for the price to drop :)

I have no brand loyalty. I'm more stuck with Steam than anything else, due to a combination of the fact that I already own a large library there and the fact that I refuse to use more than one client.

I'm not saying Steam is the best client/store. It is pretty full featured, but if I had a clean slate and we're selecting a store today, and all games were sold in all stores, I'd probably go with GOG.

Just looking right now:

Steam is using about 100MB. Origin is using 90. Uplay is using 120 (while downloading). Galaxy is the worst at about 300 MB for all its processes - this does edge into concern territory.

But when worried about memory (which honestly, I don't, I just overshoot at 32 GB - but maybe one would care with less), I just close the ones I'm not using. Two clicks (select, Exit), and done. Now perhaps I'm tempered by the history of tweaking and developing sets of DOS boot files in the past, but this really doesn't seem like a very big issue to me.

Just looking right now:

Steam is using about 100MB. Origin is using 90. Uplay is using 120 (while downloading). Galaxy is the worst at about 300 MB for all its processes - this does edge into concern territory.

But when worried about memory (which honestly, I don't, I just overshoot at 32 GB - but maybe one would care with less), I just close the ones I'm not using. Two clicks (select, Exit), and done. Now perhaps I'm tempered by the history of tweaking and developing sets of DOS boot files in the past, but this really doesn't seem like a very big issue to me.

If I were on a more limited system, memory would be a concern. I have 64GB so it isn't. System capability is not my main concern, as I expounded on here.

If I were on a more limited system, memory would be a concern. I have 64GB so it isn't. System capability is not my main concern, as I expounded on here.

Fair enough. I don't watch the new Star Trek because of CBS trying to hide it behind their walls either. For some reason, I have a much looser policy on game clients.

What does this have to do with RTX if the stuttering occurred with both DX 11 and 12? The way this article is written seems to imply something to further a narrative that is popular but seemingly unconnected.

Nobody said it did. Just that the streamer was trying anything he could think of to try and get rid of it.

A game that has been released 24 hours and packed with new tech has technical issue? Really?? How can this be possible??

This is why I only start playing a game a few months after release... First, it is cheaper. Secondly, favors a more stable/mature experience.

they maybe should go out and buy a T-shirt that sports their fav store and wear it a lot in Public. That way they get to pay their fav store $20+ (for the T-shirt) for the privilege of doing free advertising for their fav store. Just goes to show how amazingly stupid many folks are. I wonder how many billions of people paid Coca-Cola for a T-shirt so they could do free advertising for that company LOL

Just putting this here....

Well Cohh's save is now fubar because of a state bug in the game. If the game saves while in a melee takedown, you can no longer interact with anything.

Oh yeah, there is one 1 save file too, no versioning....

Well, the first time I booted it up it stuttered a lot from the very first intro cutscene and eventually it hard locked my computer on the first big fight and I had to power it off. I rebooted and went back into it and it ran buttery smooth and I had no further issues. I think they just need to work some more bugs out. My advice would be if you can wait for a few more patches then do so, if you already own it and want to play then if it is janky when you start it up, then exit, maybe even restart your PC and then go back into the game and see if it is smoother.

Back