cageymaru

Fully [H]
While watching streams of the new Metro Exodus game this morning, I noticed that Twitch streamers were having issues with stuttering in the game. Streamer CohhCarnage became so frustrated with the stuttering issues that he cut RTX off, lowered the settings from Ultra to High and then to Low without fixing the issue! DX11 and DX12 both exhibited the same stuttering problem. He said, "If I only had a $10,000 PC. Oh I do!" Then this unscripted anomaly in the video below happened. How's the game running for you? CohhCarnage is a nice guy and is giving away NVIDIA RTX 2060 video cards at the end of his next 5 streams.

As Nvidia's Jensen would say.. "It just works!"

this was something Steve @ GN sort of brought up in his performance review that some weird things happened if you changed any resolution/quality settings without restarting the game after doing it. wouldn't be surprised if this is what was happening to him.

What does this have to do with RTX if the stuttering occurred with both DX 11 and 12? The way this article is written seems to imply something to further a narrative that is popular but seemingly unconnected.
I told you everything that he tried to fix the issue. So I should NOT have said that he turned RTX off in an attempt to fix the issue when he clearly tried that during the live-stream? I even created a clip of his settings that showed what he was trying to fix it.

It's a cageymaru post.
Don't blame me for documenting the stuttering in Metro Exodus. Blame 4A Games and whomever is helping them to develop the game. I was just trying to inform the guys here that the game has a stuttering problem. I don't see where I blamed NVIDIA for the issues? I created this clip to show that he was clearly complaining about the stuttering and he showed his system settings. I don't see where I blamed RTX at all. The clip that I posted as a full video to the front page was captured and titled by someone else. I'm Cageymaru on Twitch. I tried my best to quote Cohh as best I could. It is a live-stream and you can't rewind it until he stops streaming.

If either of you know how to fix it, I suggest going into his stream and telling him or 4A Games. 4A Games has dispatched their development team to watch his stream to try and correct the issue for him.

Sorry if I upset anyone for documenting an issue with a video game. /shrug

What does this have to do with RTX if the stuttering occurred with both DX 11 and 12? The way this article is written seems to imply something to further a narrative that is popular but seemingly unconnected.

I don't think the post implies RTX was involved at all, other than being disabled as an attempt to get it working. If you read the entire post it seems pretty clear to me.

Written article doesn't mention if the latest driver was used. One was released just a few days ago. Can someone confirm?

Hard to say. Might be related to a bug that Gamer's Nexus ran into where the game had issues after changing settings and not restarting the game. For some reason, even changing something simple like resolution can cause the game to have problems if you don't restart afterwards.

I told you everything that he tried to fix the issue. So I should NOT have said that he turned RTX off in an attempt to fix the issue when he clearly tried that during the live-stream? I even created a clip of his settings that showed what he was trying to fix it.

Don't blame me for documenting the stuttering in Metro Exodus. Blame 4A Games and whomever is helping them to develop the game. I was just trying to inform the guys here that the game has a stuttering problem. I don't see where I blamed NVIDIA for the issues? I created this clip to show that he was clearly complaining about the stuttering and he showed his system settings. I don't see where I blamed RTX at all. The clip that I posted as a full video to the front page was captured and titled by someone else. I'm Cageymaru on Twitch. I tried my best to quote Cohh as best I could. It is a live-stream and you can't rewind it until he stops streaming.

If either of you know how to fix it, I suggest going into his stream and telling him or 4A Games. 4A Games has dispatched their development team to watch his stream to try and correct the issue for him.

I think, until someone starts streaming with an R7, all streaming issues in new titles will be viewed as NV problems. Especially when the title is supposed to be the new poster child of the latest tech toolbox NV is pushing.

Damn, this autorolled on the mobile site without me even expanding the story. Had me hunting and pecking to try to figure out where that sound was coming from.

I think, until someone starts streaming with an R7, all streaming issues in new titles will be viewed as NV problems. Especially when the title is supposed to be the new poster child of the latest tech toolbox NV is pushing.
I understand that, but I didn't want to blame NVIDIA for it. Cohh's chat is blaming RTX, but after watching him disable everything and even revert to DX11; I think its a game issue. With that said, he thinks that the game has stopped stuttering after restarting his PC multiple times and 3 1/2 hours of his chat suggesting solutions.

Damn, this autorolled on the mobile site without me even expanding the story. Had me hunting and pecking to try to figure out where that sound was coming from.
It is muted for me until I click on it. I'll see if I can fix it. Sorry.

Ir was probably the "it just works" statement, which implies it was an RTX/nVidia issue, by appearing to place blame.

It's likely a bug in the game.

The it just works references are getting old... It comes across as childish in what should be a post based on facts not feelings.

My 2¢

I feel like the phrase at the bottom of the news article:

As Nvidia's Jensen would say.. "It just works!"

Is where people are getting the impression of an anti-nVidia bias from you.

That's the title of the video that I used. Ha ha. I didn't capture the video or title it, but I figured someone would notice the title. It was the best video I could find as I missed the moment when it happened live. Real life and all. :)

Right here

Not directly but implied...

I don't see where poking some light-hearted fun at Nvidia implies bias.

Some people on here really need to lighten up and stop seeing everything as a war between their preferred brand and the competition.

Brand loyalty is for suckers.

Right here

Not directly but implied...
That's the title of the video that I used. I didn't title or create the video. I tend to use quotes from the videos and Cohh did more staring in awe in the video than anything else. I'm watching the stream to see how many annoying bugs are in the game before I decide to buy it. The Metro series is great!

Another autoplay video on the front page of [H]?
Working on fixing it. It rolls, but it is muted for me on mobile, desktop, Firefox, Chrome, etc. So I figured it was fine to post as is. I'll see what I can do or just take it down. I don't want you'll hearing stuff in your browsers at work.

please murder the autoplay of the video with an AA12 FILLED WITH EXPLOSIVE DEER SLUG ROUNDS when we hit the main page <3

For how much technology this game is pushing i'm finding it to run very smooth. I'm really not having any issues besides the known HDR + DLSS gamma bug.

I think you have to give any day one game some slack.
You have multiple variables at play here.
I thought it was kind of funny actually.

Anybody who thinks this should be a big deal hasn't been around PC gaming long enough.

Yet another reason why I am looking forward to buying this game in February 2020 :p

By then it will be on my preferred store AND all the kinks will hopefully be worked out.

I fixed the autoplay! Sorry guys. I honestly thought it was muted.

No worries. Shit happens. I was at lunch, and more puzzled than anything else as to why my phone was suddenly making noise.

It was more difficult to track down because the mobile version of the site only shows the headlines, until you click on them and expand them, so it was auto-rolling and playing sound without even being visible on my screen :p

Or you could of actually not jumped the gun. He had stuttering issues days ago with Sunless Skies. After much twiddling, he finally rebooted the computer, no more issue. And same thing happened today then finally rebooted and all fixed The issue had NOTHING to do with Metro.

I understand that, but I didn't want to blame NVIDIA for it. Cohh's chat is blaming RTX, but after watching him disable everything and even revert to DX11; I think its a game issue. With that said, he thinks that the game has stopped stuttering after restarting his PC multiple times and 3 1/2 hours of his chat suggesting solutions.

1 computer restart, and it was fixed. It didn't involve multiple restarts. I literally suggested be reboot at the beginning because it was the same issue he was experiencing while playing Sunless Skies this last week with a 1080ti. In that case, like this one, a reboot immediately fixed the issue.

The stuttering is a common issue when windows has over allocated at some point and therefore restricted handles.

Or you could of actually not jumped the gun. He had stuttering issues days ago with Sunless Skies. After much twiddling, he finally rebooted the computer, no more issue. And same thing happened today then finally rebooted and all fixed The issue had NOTHING to do with Metro.
I thought he restarted his PC earlier when it went to color bars. He said he's experiencing low frame rate dips now, but he can play through those. I didn't see his Sunless Skies stream. He had the 4A Games developers directly messaging him with help. I personally love the Metro series.

1 computer restart, and it was fixed. It didn't involve multiple restarts. I literally suggested be reboot at the beginning because it was the same issue he was experiencing while playing Sunless Skies this last week with a 1080ti. In that case, like this one, a reboot immediately fixed the issue.

The stuttering is a common issue when windows has over allocated at some point and therefore restricted handles.

Yeah, but you don't get as many views or news posts if you just fix the error right away with a reboot!

Back