Metro Exodus Gets a Story Trailer

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Metro Exodus is set to take the Metro series above ground. So far, we've seen trailers that show off the game's combat and ray-traced scenery, but Ukranian developer 4A Games just published a "Story" trailer for the game. The devs mention that there will be "vast, non linear levels inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky," but as far as I can tell, Exodus isn't a true open-world game either, which will perhaps let it avoid some of the pitfalls that plague the open-world genre.

Check out the trailer here.

Narrated from the perspective of Anna, the Spartan Order’s top sniper and Artyom’s wife, the Story Trailer explores the hostile world of Metro Exodus that lies in wait for the crew of the Aurora as they flee the ruins of Moscow and embark on an epic year-long journey into the unknown. Artyom always believed that there was life beyond the Metro – now his hopes and dreams will be put to the ultimate test in the crucible of the Russian wastelands... Metro Exodus will be departing February 15th 2019 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC!

Last edited:
wow looks nuts. I am happy they didn't make the "american washington dc" version of this game as a movie that would of been lame as f.

this is a game i am looking forward to exploring the ray tracing on. being single player, you dont have to have super high frame rates and can actually stop and explore the effects

will be interesting.

Looks interesting, I should get busy to beating the earlier games.

Calling it now...open-world added for eventual BR mode? ;)

Well still not physical copy for PC for N.A., Very disappointing. Still can't wait for the game to come out.

It will be interesting to see if the zombies react properly and not like Killing Floors walking dead... They should strike fast and scare you to react or evade.

Metro 2033 was ok and I loved Last Light.
I'm probably getting this day/week one
One of the very few games that I'll pay full price this year!

Metro 2033 was ok and I loved Last Light.
I'm probably getting this day/week one
One of the very few games that I'll pay full price this year!

Other than I really enjoyed both games, I agree. Last game I paid for on release week was RTCW:NO and then Last Light.

I am a few hours into my second attempt to play Metro 2033. Gotta say, I am having a horrible time and remembered why I hated it almost immediately. It's just not a shooter. Well made but way too serious. Is last night any better? I bought it a while ago but never bothered to play it.

For some reason it's got that STALKER look and feel, even sound, to it.

I am a few hours into my second attempt to play Metro 2033. Gotta say, I am having a horrible time and remembered why I hated it almost immediately. It's just not a shooter. Well made but way too serious. Is last night any better? I bought it a while ago but never bothered to play it.

For some reason it's got that STALKER look and feel, even sound, to it.

If you don't like STALKER or Metro because of the game feel, playing LL will be a waste of your time. LL is a fantastic game but if you preset on hating the type of slowed down semi linear shooter it is you will not enjoy it. My $.02.

Reactions: dgz
like this
I think I own 2 or 3 of the games due getting them free for various things ... only played about 1 hour of one of the first game.

Now that I look I guess there is really only 2 games. Redux is just a remake.

Back