Metro 2033 or Portal 2?

Depends on what type of game you're into. That's like asking "Which is better, airplanes or sharks?"

they both got horror atmosphere sort of. and a compelling story. but which is better?

Portal 2 does not have a horror atmosphere at all. Sure, everything is broken down, but the game itself is light-hearted and humorous.There's nothing scary, and no real fear of dying (unless a level has turrets).

If you are looking for scary, Metro is your game.

never played any of them, which one is worth getting?

They are both definitely worth playing, portal 2 is a humorous puzzle game, where as metro is a action horror.

Having played both and consider them to be great games, I would choose metro, the atmosphere and tension in the game is just fantastic.

never played any of them, which one is worth getting?

Play Portal 1. If you like it then get Portal 2. I'm probably one of the minority here that didn't like Metro 2033. Granted a few patches fixed some issues. But the game didn't blow my socks off as the hype was projecting. Not Duke Nukem forever bad. But OKAY in my scale for Metro 2033.

Isn't Metro still one of the top games as far as graphics are concerned?

Btw, you can download the Metro demo. I think that should give you a good idea.

metro can be found really cheap, portal, not as much. metro is kind of like a weaker linear stalker. portal 2 is like portal 1 but with a much deeper story and bonus coop....

metro can be found really cheap, portal, not as much. metro is kind of like a weaker linear stalker. portal 2 is like portal 1 but with a much deeper story and bonus coop....

wouldnt say metro is weaker at all tbh, i for one just couldn't get into stalker, just didn't do it for me, where as i loved metro, easily one of my favourite games from the past few years.

Portal 2 is also painfully easy. If it worth a play through? Yes, but mostly for story/dialogue.

As most have said, both games are great, however, I would not pay full price for either just because they are somewhat short. Personally, I would pay no more than $15 for Metro and $30 for Portal.

Portal 2 is game of the year in my opinion. I loved it way better than Metro 2033.

Both are great games. Look for a Steam sale on Metro and you should be able to grab it for like $5-10 fairly frequently and just buy Portal 2 right away. It's amazing.

Portal 2 is game of the year in my opinion. I loved it way better than Metro 2033.

Currently yeah, but I'd wager Skyrim will dethrone it. Hopefully.

Another vote for Portal. Though, if you've played and enjoyed the STALKER games, I believe Metro is made by the same people.

it depends on what you like. metro is very nerve recking with a horror aspect with scary creatures.
portal 2 is a game that you have to think..

Portal 2 was tons of fun even the install made me laugh when it showed Postal 2 setup.

lol Portal 2 game of the year? You fucking kidding me? The only thing memorable from that game was a dialogue. The puzzles were the equivalent of HL2 see-saw puzzles and about as short. Graphics? Well it's the source engine, gross. Microtransactions? CHECK!

Witcher 2 is goty for me so far.

Played Portal 2 in one sitting and co-op was alot of fun.

Metro 2033.... well i use it only as a benchmark tool and i dont find the graphics to be as good as everyone says they are. IMO its very overrated as a game and graphics or maybe its just the art style that puts me off i dunno

lol Portal 2 game of the year? You fucking kidding me? The only thing memorable from that game was a dialogue. The puzzles were the equivalent of HL2 see-saw puzzles and about as short. Graphics? Well it's the source engine, gross. Microtransactions? CHECK!

Witcher 2 is goty for me so far.

Witcher 2 game of the year? You kidding me? The only thing memorable from that game was the graphics. The combat was the equivalent of Diablo 2 spam clicking and about as fun. Storyline? Well it's the done-to-death WRPG blandness, gross. Performance-crippling DRM? CHECK!

I can make false and/or highly opinionated statements too. :p

Besides, I wasn't talking personal GOTY, I was talking actual GOTY awards. When is the last time a PC exclusive won one?

And before I get flamed, I enjoyed Witcher 2 more than Portal 2.

Metro is fantastic. I wasn't a fan of the original Portal and have no interest in #2.

metro disappointed me, it had a lot of potential but they ruined it with (literally) on rail shooting sequences, forced stealth with broken mechanics, and some frankly appallingly poorly planned gameplay sequences (if anyone defends that exploding jelly section their minds are deviant). It does have great atmosphere and graphics and some of the parts can be a real blast. I'd pick it up during a steam sale or something.

As for portal 2 get its, but what price you should wait for depends entirely on if you have any friends who have it. Singleplayer was a bit too story driven and a tad on the simple side, moving away from new game mechanics after you just get the hang of them, and there arent many truly great puzzles. Coop on the other hand has none of the issues at all and just provides wave after wave of well crafted puzzles with only a minor plot as a driving force, just as the first game. For single player alone wait for a good sale before you pick it up, if you are able to coop with someone get it now.

Metro 2033 looks pretty appealing. Is it actually a good shooter though? The gameplay mechanics look kinda funky.

its an ok shooter. there was an upgrade to the game that added some weapons and playing modes. I never played it though. The shooting was imprecise, later weapons improved things somewhat but not enough. There are two types of ammo, crap ammo and good ammo which does 5x the damage and also counts as money. Its a solid game @ the $10 pricepoint.

Also Portal 2 is an awesome game. I would definitely not miss it, as the gameplay is entertaining and the ending is one of the best I've seen.

metro disappointed me, it had a lot of potential but they ruined it with (literally) on rail shooting sequences, forced stealth with broken mechanics, and some frankly appallingly poorly planned gameplay sequences (if anyone defends that exploding jelly section their minds are deviant). It does have great atmosphere and graphics and some of the parts can be a real blast. I'd pick it up during a steam sale or something.

As for portal 2 get its, but what price you should wait for depends entirely on if you have any friends who have it. Singleplayer was a bit too story driven and a tad on the simple side, moving away from new game mechanics after you just get the hang of them, and there arent many truly great puzzles. Coop on the other hand has none of the issues at all and just provides wave after wave of well crafted puzzles with only a minor plot as a driving force, just as the first game. For single player alone wait for a good sale before you pick it up, if you are able to coop with someone get it now.

Sums it up pretty well. I'll just point out that Metro 2033 has some FANTASTIC atmosphere, especially if you play it with russian dialogue and english subtitles. The sense of vulnerability and loneliness when going onto the surface is unmatched. It's also one of the best looking PC games I've played. It's definitely a game that provides a certain type of experience, and that is what stuck out in my mind rather than the less than stellar shooting/stealth segments.

Witcher 2 game of the year? You kidding me? The only thing memorable from that game was the graphics. The combat was the equivalent of Diablo 2 spam clicking and about as fun. Storyline? Well it's the done-to-death WRPG blandness, gross. Performance-crippling DRM? CHECK!

I can make false and/or highly opinionated statements too. :p

Besides, I wasn't talking personal GOTY, I was talking actual GOTY awards. When is the last time a PC exclusive won one?

And before I get flamed, I enjoyed Witcher 2 more than Portal 2.

GotY awards on most sites are based on sales figures :p Battlefield 3 isn't here yet and I reckon that will be GotY.

Back