Metro 2033 is over hyped.

I think it was an ini edit though it’s been a while since I played 2033.

Changing configs and ini files is new in the PC scene so it’s understandable if that was your big complaint.

What was wrong with it? Narrow view? Hmm, taco never noticed. Perhaps they didn't want to hinder cinematic feel? You rarely get wide fov in movies because you run into issue of distortion.

I really enjoyed all the dialogues, felt like real life! I guess this would sound similar to russian fleamarket?
The vertical FOV was 45 degrees. For comparison, the vertical FOV that should be used in first person games is 72 degrees, which results in a 90 degree horizontal FOV in a 4:3 resolution or 106.̅6̅ in 16:9. A 45 degree vertical FOV translates to just 72 degrees horizontally in 16:9.

I think it was an ini edit though it’s been a while since I played 2033.

Changing configs and ini files is new in the PC scene so it’s understandable if that was your big complaint.

Says the man who never played Quake TF; i had a separate config file for each class!

I would put it more along the lines of: "no other modern game requires you to jump through this many hoops just to fix things" Borderlands 1 was the last game I can recall modifying ini!

Last edited:
Says the man who never played Quake TF; i had a separate config file for each class!

I would put it more along the lines of: "no other modern game requires you to jump through this many hoops just to fix things" Borderlands 1 was the last game I can recall modifying ini!
When I was still playing CSGO I had an autoexec file to ensure the settings were all exactly as I wanted including buy scripts.

I simply see it as part of the territory when it comes to PC gaming. It's a boon and a curse. If it really bothers a user then fine, and not everyone is equally sensitive to the same things.
Now that you've mentioned it, taco runs into danger of noticing the issue. What do you add or change in .ini file? Please thank you!
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metro_2033#Field_of_view_.28FOV.29 you may need to make the file readonly to keep the game from blowing away your changes after everything is set.

ETA: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metro_2033_Redux#Field_of_view_.28FOV.29 is for the Redux version which starts with a wider FOV default

I enjoyed Last light, but 2033 was a little boring for my liking. Tried Exodus for an hour and the storyline/gameplay looks good, but the storyline was way to long for what I was looking for at the time.
I will try it again some other time when i'm in the mood for a 20-25 hour campaign.

The vertical FOV was 45 degrees. For comparison, the vertical FOV that should be used in first person games is 72 degrees, which results in a 90 degree horizontal FOV in a 4:3 resolution or 106.̅6̅ in 16:9. A 45 degree vertical FOV translates to just 72 degrees horizontally in 16:9.
Seems like you're trying to find objectivity in a subjective matter... that's great if you prefer extremely wide FOV but to some (yes, including me) 106* on 16:9 would completely ruin the experience- I prefer 70-85* and think anything more just looks stretched out and makes it difficult to see any kind of close-up detail. I play games for a cinematic experience and a more modest FOV works well for me in that regard.

Good thing most games these days offer adjustable FOV so we can all get the view we'd like :)

MATES!! Taco is at point with Khan alone nd we entered the area where you have to listen to pipes nd arm appeared nd someone yelled nd hit me!! Scared me poopless!!! Is this because I'm being evil nd steal nd kill everyone? Hadn't had this happn before..
No, it's that way regardless of your actions. What I remember of my playthroughs is that the only change is the ending.

congrats taco-chan

loved that ending and build up to it... only fond memories of this game

Back