Metro 2033 is FREE for 24 hrs

The embed is showing an error for me, so here is the URL:
Code:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/Metro_2033/

This is the original version of the game, not the Redux.

Thank you! Always wanted to try this series and love older games.. cheers.

The embed is showing an error for me, so here is the URL:
Code:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/Metro_2033/

This is the original version of the game, not the Redux.

This often seems to happen with steam giveaways on [H]. Always just search for them..

Was just about to post this.

Still prefers the original over the redux.

Thank you! Always wanted to try this series and love older games.. cheers.

The atmosphere was the best part for me. Things like using bullets for currency was a cool idea. I would curse myself anytime I missed a shot since that was literally wasting money. Also having to walk around with the gas mask on the surface world. You'd get hit by something and seeing it crack adding tension.

Don't expect amazing gameplay. Stealth is broken. Creatures health seem inconsistent, like one will take 2 hits and same type of enemy would take 7.

The atmosphere was the best part for me. Things like using bullets for currency was a cool idea. I would curse myself anytime I missed a shot since that was literally wasting money. Also having to walk around with the gas mask on the surface world. You'd get hit by something and seeing it crack adding tension.

Don't expect amazing gameplay. Stealth is broken. Creatures health seem inconsistent, like one will take 2 hits and same type of enemy would take 7.
I think the seemingly inconsistent health of enemies is also a feature of the ammo system in the game, since all non-military grade ammo is homemade and its quality could vary greatly. If I remember correctly this is even stated early on in the game.

Helps if you play on Ranger Hardcore - enemies do more damage but are more fragile (everything dies in a few hits, including you).

Great game.

You will know fear once you enter the library. :nailbiting:

Damned Straight. Fuck those juiced up circus apes.

I remember getting this years ago from the dev's as part of a facebook promo. I ended up loving the game, but had to wait about 8 months to upgrade an aging system.. (ie, i'll just get a new cpu/mobo, and keep the rest.. and nope.. full build. :/)

Still, I had a blast going through this, and I'm glad to see the game still getting praise and still looking fairly decent as well. Shame certain things were a little broken (damage, controls felt a bit off, stealth was wonk), but hey, it was in the same vein as Stalker in that regard. Still, both, great games.

Back