Metro 2033 - 75% off ($12.50), keys can be registered on Steam

Wow.. I was almost tempted to pick it up during Steam's summer sale thing a bit ago. Decided not to since I wasn't sure if the game was going to be any good or not.. at $12.50, I suppose even if it sucks, it's like I just bought a bad lunch.

Awesome, thanks! In for Metro 2033... it's $40+ online normally still!

Last edited:
Holy shit, and I thought I got a good Steam deal 2 weeks back at $25.

For that price, the game is definitely worth scoring! I got mine for $24.99 on the steam sale, and though the game was short, it looked awesome. Gameplay was like a mix of FEAR and Fallout3. It definitely was not bad, but again, if you're looking for a long game, then this one is not it.

Almost bought the steam deal.. Glad I didn't. Will Take this.

edit: Emails slow?
edit2: arrived.

Last edited:
Tempting...Game doesn't run all that well on my system though, sadly.

Might still pick it up anyway.

EDIT: Does anyone know if that version of STALKER works on Steam? I have Clear Sky on DVD but never did pick up the first game.

Almost bought the steam deal.. Glad I didn't. Will Take this.

edit: Emails slow?

My order status shows "Order Submitted" when I go to Support---->Where's my order, so I'm guessing it just takes a few minutes for them to process things there. Price shows up properly as does my info, but I haven't received an email about it yet.

Really glad I did not bite on the Steam deal now. Patience has its benefits.

EDIT: I had "Extended download service" in my cart for $4.99 - what gives? Do I need this to register on Steam?

Just found out it's listed on CAG forums too, their servers are probably hammered... someone said it took theirs 45 minutes to come through into their email. So, no worries :).

Really glad I did not bite on the Steam deal now. Patience has its benefits.

Same, I almost did but then figured I would wait six months since I had a backlog of games and buy it or $10-15... turns out it happened a lot sooner :p. It'll be nice to play with my GTX 460 1GB SLI setup, especially :D!

EDIT: I had "Extended download service" in my cart for $4.99 - what gives? Do I need this to register on Steam?

No, it is only if you use their propietary DigitalRiver download manager. It has no effect at all on Steam registrations. Uncheck it before you check out and pay.

Grabbed this and red faction gurilla.
So, do they just send an email with the download and you dont get the disc sent?

Grabbed this and red faction gurilla.
So, do they just send an email with the download and you dont get the disc sent?

Yes. You will get an email with your key and download instructions. On some of the games such as Metro 2033 and Dawn of War II you can simply put them into Steam to tie them to your account there. On Red Faction Guerilla I believe you have to use their DigitalRiver download client, though. Back up the install files from that one, since you can only download it for a year through them that way (I think 3-year or forever with their Extended Download Service thing).

It's to bad this sale didn't effect the Darksiders PC pre-order. I have it on PS3.. But the PC gamers would love it. ( If they like zelda type games )

Awesome deal, thanks. Passed on the Steam sale for Metro as well but at that price no way I'm passing up.

My email just came in, gave the link to get the key and it activated perfectly on Steam :D.

Really [H]ot deal...thanks for pointing this out. Grabbed Metro 2033 but man dawn of war 2 and supreme commander is sooo cheap I'm tempted

So for clarification (or because I'm just stupid) - you can buy Metro 2033 off THQ's store, take the key they email you, add it to your Steam account, and it will be as if you bought the game off Steam?

nice, if i didnt pick up the THQ pack(which I somehow have found time to play some of the games) i would be all over this

should i get DOW 2 or DOW 2 chaos rising ?

Should i even get it at all ?

Thanks for the heads up...come in to HOtDeals looking for a hard drive deal, and now I am already down $12.50 :D

Back