Metro 2033, 5$: Gamer's Gate 24hr deal

Drag since I bought a key off someone here for 15 bucks 2 weeks back, but haven't yet had time to play the game since I've been traveling for work :) Fking work

Great deal though :)

just purchased and activated through steam, now downloading. I think this is the lowest price i've seen for this game, i've seen sales for $10 and $7.50.

Went ahead and bit on one for the price its good. also I liked that I could add it to my steam account.

Well...
I posted in the other thread that I was buying at 9.99 but forgot to go upstairs and do it and now I have it for 5 and it is downloading on Steam as we speak.

:cool:

Looks pretty cool...for $5 can't really beat it. I'll grab it later today.

Metro 2033 is a SteamWorks game so it actually requires Steam to install and run the game.

Sad, but $35 is the cheapest I've seen the Mac version of Borderlands GOTY Edition.

I bit, It's a real possibility that I will never play it considering that I still have games from the 2009 winter steam sale that I've never installed. Whatever, at $5 it's not a huge deal.

Haha, I knew I shouldn't of paid $10 for it last night. Well I'm about 1.5 hours into the game and if it can keep this quality up its well worth $10.

The only annoying thing the generic graphics settings. No option to turn AA off, so I can't max everything w/ no AA. If I modify config file, game overwrites it with last used configs which sucks...

Haha, I knew I shouldn't of paid $10 for it last night. Well I'm about 1.5 hours into the game and if it can keep this quality up its well worth $10.

The only annoying thing the generic graphics settings. No option to turn AA off, so I can't max everything w/ no AA. If I modify config file, game overwrites it with last used configs which sucks...

Make it read-only?

At $5 i wouldn't mind buying this, but I haven't really heard many good things about this game other than how good it looks.
I will take a crappy looking game that plays well over a polished turd any day.

Bit. Tried the demo and it was great. Need a new computer. lol. Pushing 6 years on my 8800GTX rig.

Got Warhammer 40k yesterday... and now Metro 2033 today. Man, good deals all around.

Woot. I will but tonight if its not dead.
Posted via Mobile Device

I may just grab it.

Also:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2033/metro-2033 said:
Offer expires in...
9 hours and 57 minutes

Maybe a few minutes less since I've loaded the pages and looked, but it looks like at least 9 hours to go.

It would be dumb to pass this up at $5 :p

Great game and beautiful graphics.

Sad, but $35 is the cheapest I've seen the Mac version of Borderlands GOTY Edition.

Left field?

Metro 2033 is great, and $5 is a steal.
FWIW, my 6950 2GB runs Metro 2033 at 3150x1680 (eyefinity) with DX11 "Normal" settings at a constant 40-60fps.

Using "High" settings causes it to drop to ~20-25fps.

My limit now for games (almost all of them I buy on Steam) is $7.50

and for that it has to be really good. Most I ever paid was $15 for Modern Warfare

Haha, yeah. It's rare that there is a game that I can't wait for a price drop for. I don't understand why anyone would pay full price for a game.

Make it read-only?

At $5 i wouldn't mind buying this, but I haven't really heard many good things about this game other than how good it looks.
I will take a crappy looking game that plays well over a polished turd any day.

I hadn't though of that, but that would work.

I'm a bit further its just a weird cross between fps and survival with some stealth elements. Its all about conserving ammo and such, but you gotta use enough that you don't die. Seems like a decent game. Wouldn't pay full price though.

Haha, yeah. It's rare that there is a game that I can't wait for a price drop for. I don't understand why anyone would pay full price for a game.

Paying full price is an encore for games that you think are exemplary of the direction you think the industry should go. At least that's how I tend to buy.

As an aside, you also get to chat with others about your gaming experiences if you like. If you wait most people move on and there isn't much more talk anymore.

Anyways, sounds like Metro is all around great except that the game doesn't last terribly long. It's about time I get it though. Thanks OP

Thanks OP. I was about to pull the trigger at $10, but at $5 it is that much sweeter!

First time using Gamersgate, but I like the fact they use Paypal, since it tells me currency conversion right there. Was $4.89 for me due to the current current favorable exchange rate :p

fucking hell.. Bought & paid with PayPal& gamersgate is saying my payment method was rejected but PayPal says it went through.. Who thinks im a get screwed & end up not getting the game for 5 bucks.

Purchased this, took the key, activated on steam, EXCELLENT.
Only annoying point was the checkout interface on gamers gate website

Back