Metric Priority Problem

totmachen

Limp Gawd
On my laptop I have an integrated 10/100 NIC and a Linksys 802.11b PCMCIA card for wireless connections. File transfers from my other networked PCs are VERY slow on the wireless card since it is only B and maxes at 11Mbs, so I am trying to do them mostly over the integrated NIC when it is connected. I have gone into Network Connections / Advanced / Advanced Settings and made the integrated NIC the top priority, but windows still sends files over the wireless connection. I then proceeded to go into each network cards advanced settings and change their metric priority manually. I gave the integrated NIC a 1, and the wireless card a 100 (lower the better if Im correct). This still does not work, as when I try to transfer files, they try to send over the wireless. Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening and what I can do about it? For now, I am just disabling the wireless card, transfer the files, then reenable it.

Network Setup: RR Cable Modem - Linksys WRT54G v3.1 running DD-WRT - 3 wired PC's / 2 wireless laptops

While not an answer to your problem I must ask why you even need the wireless if you have a wired connection setup?

The wireless is not needed when wired, but I do not wire this laptop very often. If I do its for brief file transfers and thats about it. I am just disabling the wireless for now, annoying, but works. I just want to see if theres something I can do so it forces transfers over the integrated NIC when connected.

Back