Metallica's Enter Sandman Played On Floppy Drives

I don't remember all of those sounds (the low ones) from my floppy. I'd swear mine was much higher pitched than that. Regardless, that's impressive and imaginative.

Fuck metallica. Never been to a concert, bought, or even listened any of their music since the napster thing. Greedy excrements.

That was pretty well done and all but I could listen to it once. How many times did he have to listen to that to get the whole song down and not go crazy?

That was pretty well done and all but I could listen to it once. How many times did he have to listen to that to get the whole song down and not go crazy?

I would imagine it wouldn't be super difficult once you figure out what sounds each device makes.

You just treat them like a normal musical instrument after that.

I used to love Metallica back in the day, but over the years their anti-consumer actions really have turned me off and I dont buy any of their merchandise/Music.

Cue up Lars Ulrich anytime now bringing a copyright infringement lawsuit... FUCK YEAH!!! :D

I'll be impressed when it can play Battery.

You haven't missed much.
Eh, they've been trying to stay modern and a lot of people interpret that as selling out. I still listen to all their music they put out but it definitely lacks the same clarity and oomph their 70-80s albums had.....maybe its because James is no longer blitzed out of his mind all the time.

Also, I get being angry about the whole Napster thing but...how many years ago was that? I mean, you can find their entire catalog on Spotify and probably Pandora as well...just like any other person that puts out a product, they wanted to get paid for it.

Is it just me or is the link dead at this point (4:41PM Pacfic time)? Getting an error on the link in the OP above (which links to a [H]OCP page, of course.

How the hell anyone could ever figure this out, much less have the time to design it, is beyond me. Awesome :)

That's amazing, I don't remember ever seeing so many devices going at once.

One of my all time favorites. Haven't listened to them my friend brought over St. Anger and played it my stereo without telling me who the band was. I asked him what the hell was up with system of sticks. Didn't sound like Metalica at all.

That sounds like that "dub step" crap the kids listen to today. What a bunch of noise. Rather listen to someone jackhammer stone.

yvntuni.jpg

Lars sues for take down because he's been officially replaced by machines. It's not a hard feat, by any means, to replace him. However, it only serves to make him feel all that more short, angry and impotent, as he ages:)

I really enjoyed Metallica until Lars launched the Napster lawuit in 2000 and essentially gave rise to the blood sucking ticks we now call the RIAA! I burned anything I owned with Metallica associated to it in a huge pyre in the backyard the day Lars climbed out of his limo with the list of 300k Napster users. It was to become know as- The Burnening!

Metallica's Anti-Napster Crusade Inspires Backlash

The funny part is, until a friend kept pushing a "greatest hits" tape on me (that he'd cut together) I'd never listened to or been interested in them. The tape got me to buy their LPs, CDs and other merch, as well as go to several concerts.

And it was through the use of sharing sites that I became interested in other artists by being able to listen to ENTIRE tracks, not just 10-30 seconds, and decide if the track, album or artist, was worth my money- to the point I would easily average $150 a month in CD purchases from stores and online.

Lars', and subsequently the RIAAs, actions have dropped my spending down to <$150 a year in actual purchased online tracks, collections and CD's, produced by RIAA supporting member organizations in favor of using ad supported music streaming services and by listening to and supporting a lot of great indie artists.

Great savings and enjoyment for me! Great loss of profit for an out-dated slow to evolve distribution and sales model supported by the music industry.

So, is Lars dead or not? "Thankfully" he is not(?). He was "beloved", "much loved" and will be "missed"? Now, their stretching the truth a bit! Especially, as his death sparked more then one million LIKES to the post and no where near as many condolences- Lars Ulrich dead 2016 : Metallica drummer killed by celebrity death hoax - Mediamass

Wishful thinking on someone's part or Lars' PR team trying to drum up attention? His reps claim him the "victim" yet again, this time due to free publicity that once use to be prized and mined(and still is)! Are they going to offer refunds to those who bought up Metallica swag thinking he WAS dead? Certainly ... NOT! ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO LARS!

Back